Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd 59 Dixie 57

Featured Replies

I told yall I wouldnt want to play Lloyd. Scary team when They are hitting shots and Bray is flying around the rim. That kid is a baller. Where Did he come from?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, what did he high jump? Used to be one of my events in track (not that I was good at it), so just wondering. I'm thinking 6'0 is the state qualifier, so he's probably really getting up there. I remember Larry O'Bannon from Male doing 6'4 if other posters wanted to reference how much hops this kid has.

I don't know how high. When Holmes played them in their 1st game, they had a pre game presentation for his accomplishment. That's how I knew.

Out of curiosity, what did he high jump? Used to be one of my events in track (not that I was good at it), so just wondering. I'm thinking 6'0 is the state qualifier, so he's probably really getting up there. I remember Larry O'Bannon from Male doing 6'4 if other posters wanted to reference how much hops this kid has.

 

His highest in the high jump is 6'10 I believe. He won a national dunk competition 2 years ago on the aau circuit by jumping over a 6'7 teammate in the lane as his final dunk. It was pretty incredible to watch.

I told yall I wouldnt want to play Lloyd. Scary team when They are hitting shots and Bray is flying around the rim. That kid is a baller. Where Did he come from?

 

Bray was at Ryle his freshman year, didn't play his sophomore year, was out with injuries most of last year at Lloyd. That's why most people have not heard of him. He has played aau the last few years and drew a lot of attention from coaches in the certified events. I remember he had at least 12 blocks against one of the Indy Elite teams, including a block on one end that ended with him dunking at the other end. Every time he blocked one of their players the coaches just shook their head. He can definitely play.

What a great game. The banner in the gym says 1999 for their last District Championship. They last made the region in Coach Key's first year which was 2006-07. For once, we weren't the last ones out of the gym last night as they continued to celebrate this one. I'm so happy for Coach Key and the team. They may not have won their own tournament at Christmas, they didn't win the All "A", but they took a big leap with this win over Dixie. The Dixie Highway rivalry may have gotten bigger now.

 

Our hats off to the Colonels as well. Williams was face guarding Hatton, but that didn't stop him from his 27 points. Fox showed he can step up and run the team when needed. Stansberry was a little quiet but made a few three pointers in the early going. Wigger hit a couple of threes in the second half. They will do well next week.

 

There's a lot of parity in the Region this year. It will be a fun week of ball at the Bank of Kentucky Center.

 

Dixie had the lead until the 5 minute mark in the second quarter when Bray's basket gave them a 17-16 lead. All of K.T. Williams points came from behind the arc. The 4th quarter belonged to Bray. 16 of his 25 points came in the 4th quarter including 7-8 from the FT line in the 4th then the huge 3 with 1.4 seconds to go.

 

For stats:

 

Dixie: Hatton 27, Fox 12, Stansberry 10, Wigger 7, Evans 4, Niehaus 4

 

Lloyd: Bray 25, Williams 12, Carter 9, Ewell 6, Hall 4, McKay 1

 

Three Pointers: Dixie 9 (Hatton 4, Stansberry 2, Wigger 2, Fox) Lloyd 7 (Williams 4, Bray 2, Carter)

 

Free Throws: Dixie 6-9 Lloyd 14-20

 

12 Lead Changes, 6 Ties

I thought KT Williams did a really good job defending Hatton down the stretch. Made it just tough enough for Hatton to get free and prevent him from taking over late. Williams made some big 3s in the 1st half, but was bought in on the defensive end to close it out.

 

With Hassel in foul trouble all night, Fox had a nice game filling the void.

 

Bray was wild on offense early, and Key sat him down for a few to settle down. When he returned he started letting things come to him a little more and looking to do damage going to the rim. He was as confident as could be stepping in to the game winner on a perfect delivery by Carter.

 

Great atmosphere for a district title game, and a fun one to watch. Congrats to Lloyd on the victory...

 

Williams did an excellent job face guarding Hatton, and IMO, Dixie did an extremely poor job setting screens to get Hatton open. It seemed like Hatton didn't touch the ball in the 2nd quarter until under 2 minutes to go. Once Hatton got the ball though, no-one could stop him.

 

I was impressed with how strong Fox takes the ball to the hole. He protects the ball very well. However, he doesn't finish. I now see what Clyde has been saying all year. He passed out of layups a handfull of times. With his height advantage over Carter, I'm really surprised there were no sets to post him up. Speaking of post ups, does Dixie even know how to do that? All I saw was 5 guys standing around the perimeter. With Bray out, Lloyd didn't have anyone over 6'1". Stansbury was a head taller than his defender, and he just hangs out in the corner.

 

This was my first time watching Dixie this year, and I have to say, if they're the best in the 9th, it's a weak 9th this year. I was not impressed. A lot of standing around and watching Fox and Hatton do their thing. IMO, they really miss Pike down low.

 

For the Lloyd fans, I'm not discrediting the win by any means. Lloyd is a scrappy little bunch. They played one heck of a game last night. For their lack of size, I was really impressed with how they played. They deserved that win last night. Congrats on winning the district.

I also saw Chris Mack last night with his wife and 2 girls. I wonder who he was there to watch.

Bray is flat out a player when under control. Nobody can out leap the State high jump champ. This team is getting hot at the right time. I really think you can put them in the mix.
stansberry-bray.jpg

Very happy for Lloyd. They are a very good team. Compared to other teams I thnk it just took them longer this season to work out their kinks. But the potential was always there.

 

A lot of standing around and watching Fox and Hatton do their thing.

 

This. The strength of Fox and Hatton is Dixies's weakness when they play a team like Lloyd. Just my opinion.

 

Hat's off to Dixie and their success this season. Good luck at regionals.

 

Congratulations to Lloyd. Enjoy the success, and keep it going at regionals!

  • Author
I also saw Chris Mack last night with his wife and 2 girls. I wonder who he was there to watch.

 

Hatton...

I also saw Chris Mack last night with his wife and 2 girls. I wonder who he was there to watch.

 

Got to think it was Hatton.(Fox would be the other possibility). He is probably worried that Hatton might be injured as he couldn't get off the bench to accept his all-district tournament award.

Congratulations to Lloyd on the win and good luck to both teams in the regional.

Congrats to Coach Key and the Juggernauts for a great win for LLoyd High and the community good luck in the Region next week. JD Thanks Spartan79. JD

Congrats to Lloyd on the upset but it shouldn't be a shocker. Lloyd took Dixie down to the wire just a week or so ago.

 

The 9th region is set up for an upset winner now with Dixie and Boone both in the losers draw. You could have NCC, Holmes, Dixie and Boone all in the same bracket. Anything can happen in this region now.

 

I have been singing Bray's praises all season. He is a D1 athlete. He has the athleticism to play on the perimeter versus the D1 athletes. His game needs work but you can't coach talent. A lot of potential there. If I am NKU, I take a chance on him.

His highest in the high jump is 6'10 I believe. He won a national dunk competition 2 years ago on the aau circuit by jumping over a 6'7 teammate in the lane as his final dunk. It was pretty incredible to watch.

 

Whoa... 6'10 is incredible. State record is 6'11.25 and National record is 7'5.25. I'm guessing he can throw down any type of dunk he wants basically.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.