Covington Holy Cross vs Covington Catholic Predictions

Which team will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

Beechwood actually holds 900, same amount as Holy Cross. Kudos to Beechwood for moving the site and accommodating more fans. I doubt Holy Cross will do the same when it is their turn to host. If we get a packed house at Regents Hall, should Cov Cath also consider going off site when it is their turn to host? Their gym only holds 1,200.

As to the game, I think Holy Cross has too many weapons and the press will wear Ruthsatz down. CCH needs to minimize turnovers and get Campbell in foul trouble.

From your 482 posts(:D) on this subject I know it's a sore spot. The key difference between BW and the others is parking. Even HC has more parking than BW.

I would not give it up if I were HC or CCH.

From your 482 posts(:D) on this subject I know it's a sore spot. The key difference between BW and the others is parking. Even HC has more parking than BW.

I would not give it up if I were HC or CCH.

Actually, I think I am still under 100 posts on the topic. :p

The parking is a good point. But the football stadium holds 2,000 and the parking works its way out. My guess is it is the continuing construction. They have demolished the old locker room and some other parts of the old building in the back and are adding classrooms and a new cafeteria. With that going on, it makes it harder to get from the parking lot to the gym and it is a bit of a mess. That is probably why Beechwood moved it off site and not the gym size or parking.

Beechwood actually holds 900, same amount as Holy Cross. Kudos to Beechwood for moving the site and accommodating more fans. I doubt Holy Cross will do the same when it is their turn to host. If we get a packed house at Regents Hall, should Cov Cath also consider going off site when it is their turn to host? Their gym only holds 1,200.

As to the game, I think Holy Cross has too many weapons and the press will wear Ruthsatz down. CCH needs to minimize turnovers and get Campbell in foul trouble.

I think they learned their lesson back in 1995... You are exactly right, they WILL NOT make that mistake again!

AYG will set me straight, but I think at some point during that season, we may have been ranked #1 in the state and lost in the first round of the District. That was the Harney and Clark show. I'm not as well versed in past HC history as I would like to be, but that is what I remember someone telling me.

Didn't they win the disrict in 1995?

No, they were ranked #1 in the state earlier in the year after winning the Ashland Invitational. HC was supposed to host the Districts, but got the brilliant idea of moving it to Thomas More. Of course, they drew CCH, who was #2 or #3 all year, and they lost in the first round. This is why they will ALWAYS host the District when it is their turn now.

The four years that holy Cross has hosted the district since 1995 have been 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009.... In those years they have been blown out by CCH twice... 2000 and 2003, in 2006 they lost by around 10 to CCH and in 2009 they played Holmes and didnt score 25 points. So the whole 1995 theory is not a very good one.

The four years that holy Cross has hosted the district since 1995 have been 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009.... In those years they have been blown out by CCH twice... 2000 and 2003, in 2006 they lost by around 10 to CCH and in 2009 they played Holmes and didnt score 25 points. So the whole 1995 theory is not a very good one.

Oops ... I guess that puts that theory to rest.