What are you spinning — Part 2

Jim Schue

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was an eBay purchase. Whoever posted it on there spelled it "Smashing Pumkins", so the auction wasn't getting many views seeing as it wouldn't show up if anyone searched under the correct spelling. I got it for $45.

How does it sound?I have wondered how Korean pressed vinyl sounds,I was thinking more of a bootleg quality.Now I have heard that Japanese pressings are some of the best quality pressings...

Got these two 45s that I've been eyeballing for about 2 years. Shake It actually has its own record label, and they have four 7" tributes to Eddie Hinton that they started putting every 9 months or so starting back at the end of 2009. They're calling the series "Dangerous Highway: A Tribute to the Music of Eddie Hinton", and I've got to say, they're pretty awesome. I picked up the first two, and I'm planning on getting the second two next week.

Vol. 1 - Greg Dulli: Side A - Hard Luck Guy, Side B - Cover Me

Vol. 2 - Drive-By Truckers: Side A - Where's Eddie?, Side B - Everybody Needs Love

Drive-By Truckers Eddie Hinton.jpg

Greg Dulli Eddie Hinton.jpg

Got these two 45s that I've been eyeballing for about 2 years. Shake It actually has its own record label, and they have four 7" tributes to Eddie Hinton that they started putting every 9 months or so starting back at the end of 2009. They're calling the series "Dangerous Highway: A Tribute to the Music of Eddie Hinton", and I've got to say, they're pretty awesome. I picked up the first two, and I'm planning on getting the second two next week.

Vol. 1 - Greg Dulli: Side A - Hard Luck Guy, Side B - Cover Me

Vol. 2 - Drive-By Truckers: Side A - Where's Eddie?, Side B - Everybody Needs Love

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38572[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]38571[/ATTACH]

Goodness, those disappeared from ear X-tacy well before they went to their final location. If I recall correctly, the both were going for nice coin amongst Whigs and DBT fans on eBay.

Goodness, those disappeared from ear X-tacy well before they went to their final location. If I recall correctly, the both were going for nice coin amongst Whigs and DBT fans on eBay.

I'm not sure if they're a re-pressing or not, but they've got a whole box of them sitting on the checkout counter at Shake It for either $4.99 or $5.99 a pop. I just checked eBay and it looks like the prices are kind of varied on them. Somebody has that exact pair that I bought listed for $11.99 plus S/H. Then somebody has just the Dulli 7" listed for $24.99.

Regardless, they're damn good.