Urban Upsets Some Big 10 Coaches

Clyde

"Gentlemens Agreement"???? I thought this was football not golf. No wonder the Big 10 has been struggling so much the past decade.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a "gentlemens agreement" among big ten coaches, meanwhile the SEC schools were coming after their recruits and stealing them away. Urban has now brought that to OSU. I am thinking some big ten schools better turn it up a notch or OSU is going to run away with the title year after year.

I'm no fan of Ohio St., but wow, talk about silly on Bielema's part. And if the rest of the Big Whatever-Number-There-Actually-Are schools agreed to this "gentleman's agreement," well, that's their own fault. SF41 is correct in that it's a miracle the Big 10 schools are even remotely competitive if they're playing by some outrageous 1950 utopian rules. Bielema needs to be laughed out of the business for his naivety. Hope Indiana screws him over on some recruits very soon.

Brett Bielama is just a big baby. He comes into Ohio to recruit while the program is in termoil, just firing their head coach and recuits a kid that is a life long OSU fan. He probably told the kid the progam would be set back for a number of years and got the kid to commit. Now that the NCAA sanctions are on the back burner and we have a new coach the kid goes back to wanting to pursue his childhood dream. According to Meyer's press conference he stated he called the recruits that he wanted and asked if there was any interest in OSU, if the recruit stated no they moved on. If the recruit stated yes then they started recruiting them again. I do not see a problem with that. Meyer is arrogant but Bielama takes arrogance to a whole new level in my opinion.

Ohio $tate brings in Urban Meyer, gets a top 5 class and is still behind 2 SEC Teams.

Some things never change.

A top 5 class in 2 months, not to shabby. If they land Stephon Diggs, they might even jump one of the almighty Sec teams in the rankings!