Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Bracketology 1-30-12

Featured Replies

^ Well... second/third rounds. We have to make sure that those four games in Dayton have "first round" legitimacy, you know.

Is the bracket forecasting out or is it a "if the season ended today....?"

 

Bracketology is "if it ended today."

 

I've never understood why people get so worked up about Bracketology, one way or the other. I've always thought it was a good snapshot of January 30 - not necessarily what things would look like on March 15.

So I noticed that Syracuse and Duke were playing the winners of the two play in games, does that mean they have the #1 and #2 over all seeds?

 

I'm guessing Louisville is a Thursday/Saturday site. The NCAA typically puts play-in winners into a Friday/Sunday site.

^ Well... second/third rounds. We have to make sure that those four games in Dayton have "first round" legitimacy, you know.

 

The folks who are forced to can call it that way if they want. But they shouldn't, because it confuses everybody else. Kind of like those goofballs who keep trying to force the metric system down our throats. The games in Dayton will always be "the play-in games."

I will be honest, Kansas scares me a little, but as a number two, you certainly can't complain.

I'm guessing Louisville is a Thursday/Saturday site. The NCAA typically puts play-in winners into a Friday/Sunday site.

That is correct.

  • Author
I hope you are right, already got tickets and room!

 

As long as UK is a #1-4 seed, they'll be playing their 1st two rounds in Louisville. They'd have to tank for it not to happen.

As long as UK is a #1-4 seed, they'll be playing their 1st two rounds in Louisville. They'd have to tank for it not to happen.
And if that were the case, the consolation prize could be Nashville which has its own advantages for UK fans.
I will be honest, Kansas scares me a little, but as a number two, you certainly can't complain.

 

I don't think any of the #2's really worry me but I think that's because I know this UK team can beat any of the teams in that bracket period.

I don't think any of the #2's really worry me but I think that's because I know this UK team can beat any of the teams in that bracket period.

 

Kansas would come in with a chip on the shoulder where we beat them earlier. Would be a tight game.

I will be honest, Kansas scares me a little, but as a number two, you certainly can't complain.

 

They will have alot of fans in St. Louis, but so will BBN. Will be a good game, but UK wins it. UK controlled the last game from the tip.

UK definitely has the easiest road to the elite 8/final four out of the top 4 seeds. It will definitely be good for business' in Louisville if UK lands that #1 seed.

 

Up until the recent road demise of IU, I was planning on going down to the "Bucket" to see UK and IU play!

I seriously doubt that is the type of bracket they get. UK has gotten hosed in the brackets last 2 years and probably again this year.

 

Probable draw this year:

 

2. UNC

3. Baylor/Mizzou

4. Michigan St.

 

Or something stupid like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.