Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Concerts 2012

Featured Replies

Maybe it's just me, but $144.50 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a whole weekend of concerts.
It's not really. But I'm cheap. :lol:
  • Replies 157
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They went and made this something I'm thinking about going to see. I also heard Neko Case would be there.

 

Jim, you still need that assistant? :D

 

Yep...she's in. Wilco and Bassnectar will be there as well. Unless something major comes up on my calendar, methinks I'll be there.

It's not really. But I'm cheap. :lol:

 

So how much do you pay on average for a ticket to a concert?

Yep...she's in. Wilco and Bassnectar will be there as well. Unless something major comes up on my calendar, methinks I'll be there.
They are making this pretty ahrd to miss. Good lineup. I really want to see Galactic too. Just wish they had some of the collaborators from Ya-Ka-May were coming with them.
Around $15.

 

To see a performer, with perhaps a single introductary act....and look what you're getting for about $45 per day.....It's all about perspective.

To see a performer, with perhaps a single introductary act....and look what you're getting for about $45 per day.....It's all about perspective.
I agree, it's a good lineup and probably worth it. Just not sure I'm willing to pay for it...

 

One other thing to consider, festival sets like this tend to often be much shorter unless you are one of the headliners like MMJ. While JTE or Galactic might only play for 30 minutes to an hour here, my $15 could get me a solid two hours or more of them when they are by themselves and in a much more intimate environment. Not every concert is the same.

 

There is only one festival I make a point to go to each year and it only has three or four acts a day for roughly $50 on a two-day pass. But each act plays long sets with the headliners, Goose Creek Symphony playing super long sets. The festival is also insanely intimate, free of anything resembling security and/or police, and in an environment much more suited to me.

Maybe it's just me, but $144.50 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a whole weekend of concerts.

 

It's not horrible, but it's not a great deal. What is a Bonnaroo ticket, $100 or so more than that? And it's a easily more than twice as large with a lot more established artists. I saw Springsteen there for probably cheaper than I could go see a regular show of his, plus there were a hundred other acts I checked out. $150 just seems kind of steep comparatively.

It's not horrible, but it's not a great deal. What is a Bonnaroo ticket, $100 or so more than that? And it's a easily more than twice as large with a lot more established artists. I saw Springsteen there for probably cheaper than I could go see a regular show of his, plus there were a hundred other acts I checked out. $150 just seems kind of steep comparatively.
Good point. I wonder what Hangout is.

Bonnaroo lineup became official last week or so and it's looking pretty nice......

 

 

bonnaroo-2012-lineup1.jpg

The concert lineup for the area is looking really good and has been the past few years, which I plan to attend some of. I'm starting my first one off in Columbus at Rock on the Range; it will be my fifth year of the six that it's been going on.

Good point. I wonder what Hangout is.

 

Hangout I think was about half the price as Bonnaroo last year, I'm not sure though.

 

 

Another good up and coming festival is All Good Music fest. It used to be held in West Virginia but is moving to Ohio this year. Allman Brothers and Flaming Lips are headlining with plenty of other good acts on the bill.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.