Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Concerts 2012

Featured Replies

How much of Isbell's stuff have you heard?

 

Enough to know I don't like it. Like I said, I just dislike music. It's very rare that I find an artist that I can stand to listen to outside of a select few songs.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enough to know I don't like it. Like I said, I just dislike music. It's very rare that I find an artist that I can stand to listen to outside of a select few songs.

 

So what artists are there who you listen to a large® number of songs by?

Enough to know I don't like it. Like I said, I just dislike music. It's very rare that I find an artist that I can stand to listen to outside of a select few songs.
...and that is? Any specific songs?

Since this is mostly on subject, I want to say that Isbell and Ryan Adams were fantastic last night. Adams told stories, interacted with the crowd, and played for about 2 hours 45 minutes. Went as far back as playing some Whiskeytown songs. Much different than a few years ago when he toured.

Since this is mostly on subject, I want to say that Isbell and Ryan Adams were fantastic last night. Adams told stories, interacted with the crowd, and played for about 2 hours 45 minutes. Went as far back as playing some Whiskeytown songs. Much different than a few years ago when he toured.

 

Incredible in Cincinnati on Saturday night as well. My only complaint was, even though I only knew a few, I wanted Jason Isbell to play a few more songs. Was the Louisville show at the Palace?

Incredible in Cincinnati on Saturday night as well. My only complaint was, even though I only knew a few, I wanted Jason Isbell to play a few more songs. Was the Louisville show at the Palace?
Yes it was. Isbell only played a few songs here too.
So what artists are there who you listen to a large® number of songs by?

 

Really not any I can think of.

 

If I had to pick one that I seem to listen to more often than others it would be Alabama.

 

I guess I would throw Eminem and Jay-Z into that same category, but I don't listen to them that often. Like almost all their stuff though.

 

And I absolutely loathe with a passion rock and roll music. Hate it.

Really not any I can think of.

 

If I had to pick one that I seem to listen to more often than others it would be Alabama.

 

I guess I would throw Eminem and Jay-Z into that same category, but I don't listen to them that often. Like almost all their stuff though.

 

And I absolutely loathe with a passion rock and roll music. Hate it.

 

Wow...Alabama, Eminem and Jay-Z? Three artists, and that's it? Man, that's tough for me to comprehend, really. Variety is the spice of life...

Wow...Alabama, Eminem and Jay-Z? Three artists, and that's it? Man, that's tough for me to comprehend, really. Variety is the spice of life...

 

There's others I'll listen to from time to time and enjoy, but not really anything substantial. I think it's more a matter of me just not liking music. Most people get something out of it, but to me it's just noise for the most part.

Wow...Alabama, Eminem and Jay-Z? Three artists, and that's it? Man, that's tough for me to comprehend, really. Variety is the spice of life...
No, the following is REALLY TOUGH for me to comprehend.

 

There's others I'll listen to from time to time and enjoy, but not really anything substantial. I think it's more a matter of me just not liking music. Most people get something out of it, but to me it's just noise for the most part.
I'm speechless really.
No, the following is REALLY TOUGH for me to comprehend.

 

I'm speechless really.

 

From my perspective it's a lot like saying "I'm not a big fan of oxygen, kind of overrated." :lol: But, to each their own.

No, the following is REALLY TOUGH for me to comprehend.

 

I'm speechless really.

 

To clarify, those are the artists that I generally enjoy. I normally go weeks at a time without listening to any music (except for that which is in TV shows or movies I happen to watch). When I'm in the car, it's sports radio 100% of the time.

 

I don't see why it's so hard to believe. You're into running, correct? Is it really that shocking that others don't enjoy running? If not, then why is the fact that I don't like music that hard to fathom? The whole different strokes for different folks saying comes to mind.

To clarify, those are the artists that I generally enjoy. I normally go weeks at a time without listening to any music (except for that which is in TV shows or movies I happen to watch). When I'm in the car, it's sports radio 100% of the time.

 

I don't see why it's so hard to believe. You're into running, correct? Is it really that shocking that others don't enjoy running? If not, then why is the fact that I don't like music that hard to fathom? The whole different strokes for different folks saying comes to mind.

I am into running, but I can completely understand why people don't like it. It's hard and sucks a lot of the time.

 

I've never heard someone say they don't like music. Hell, I have enough of a problem comprehending why more people don't like good music, or taking it a step further why so many people like bad music. To think that there are people out there who don't like ANY music is mind-blowing.

There's others I'll listen to from time to time and enjoy, but not really anything substantial. I think it's more a matter of me just not liking music. Most people get something out of it, but to me it's just noise for the most part.

 

Not to sound like a smart-aleck, honestly, but that kindof makes me feel bad for you, man.

Not to sound like a smart-aleck, honestly, but that kindof makes me feel bad for you, man.
I'm with you and am completely sincere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.