January 29, 201214 yr When is that? Chesney and Mcgraw are July 1st. It is called the Brothers of the Sun tour.
January 29, 201214 yr Before we start the summer season we have BARRY FREAKING MANILOW at NKU. Big time! Who else is a fanilow? Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I am. Not sure we'll go to the concert, but certainly possible.
January 29, 201214 yr If there are any country musice fans. There is a gem of a place called Renfro Valley. Its in Mt. Vernon, Kentucky right off I-75. They will be having there best year of concerts ever in 2012. I'm an older poster but its really a nice place. Looked up their site to see what country acts were listed and happened to see one of my favorite 80's artists - Rick Springfield - is playing there October 27th. I will definitely be there for that!
January 29, 201214 yr Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I am. Not sure we'll go to the concert, but certainly possible. Not kidding in the least. Big fan. Puts on a fun show.
January 30, 201214 yr Aerosmith will be touring this summer no dates announced yet but should be soon. Tickets will go on sale in March.
January 30, 201214 yr Looked up their site to see what country acts were listed and happened to see one of my favorite 80's artists - Rick Springfield - is playing there October 27th. I will definitely be there for that! My wife has informed me that we will be there as well. Usually go to the Valley 3 or 4 times a year.
January 30, 201214 yr Riverbend Summer Country Concerts. I think I might go to two of these... Sun May 20 Brad Paisley with The Band Perry Thu May 31 Lady Antebellum with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square Fri June 15 Miranda Lambert with Chris Young and Jerrod Niemann Sun July 22 Rascal Flatts with Little Big Town, Eli Young Band and Eden’s Edge Sat July 28 Toby Keith with Brantley Gilbert Fri Aug 03 Sugarland with TBA Thu Aug 16 Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan
January 30, 201214 yr Riverbend Summer Country Concerts. I think I might go to two of these... Sun May 20 Brad Paisley with The Band Perry Thu May 31 Lady Antebellum with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square Fri June 15 Miranda Lambert with Chris Young and Jerrod Niemann Sun July 22 Rascal Flatts with Little Big Town, Eli Young Band and Eden’s Edge Sat July 28 Toby Keith with Brantley Gilbert Fri Aug 03 Sugarland with TBA Thu Aug 16 Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan I know what I won't be doing this summer!
January 30, 201214 yr I know what I won't be doing this summer! and you call yourself a music connoissuer...
January 30, 201214 yr I know what I won't be doing this summer!You WON'T be missing any of these jewels!
January 30, 201214 yr I like MMJ, but not nearly enough to justify those prices. I'll have to see the full lineup before I make my decision. I'm toying with the idea of getting a 3-day pass. $124 sure hurts though, considering they've only named ONE band at this point. Still, I'd have to say that MMJ live on The Great Lawn at Waterfront Park was the best outdoor show I've ever been to. That's the show they recorded "Celebración de la Ciudad Natal" at. I was right in front of a guy recording a bootleg for the entire show, and if you listen closely, you can here a rather intoxicated CWB at several points throughout the show. Here's the bootleg - FO FREE!
January 30, 201214 yr Here are a few more My Morning Jacket bootlegs from some of their various hometown shows: Live at Headliners Music Hall on December 21, 2001 Live at The Rud on May 13, 2000 Live at Jillian's, Louisville on April 30, 2002 Live at The Louisville Palace on May 31, 2011 Live at U of L, Gheens Planetarium on September 8, 2001 Live at The Louisville Palace on June 30, 2005 Live at Louisville Gardens November 22, 2006 Live at The Louisville Palace November 23, 2005 Live at Headliners Music Hall on September 26, 2003
January 30, 201214 yr Here are a few more My Morning Jacket bootlegs from some of their various hometown shows: Live at Headliners Music Hall on December 21, 2001 Live at The Rud on May 13, 2000 Live at Jillian's, Louisville on April 30, 2002 Live at The Louisville Palace on May 31, 2011 Live at U of L, Gheens Planetarium on September 8, 2001 Live at The Louisville Palace on June 30, 2005 Live at Louisville Gardens November 22, 2006 Live at The Louisville Palace November 23, 2005 Live at Headliners Music Hall on September 26, 2003 Is the May 31st show the one where Erykah Badu came out?
January 30, 201214 yr I'm toying with the idea of getting a 3-day pass. $124 sure hurts though, considering they've only named ONE band at this point. Still, I'd have to say that MMJ live on The Great Lawn at Waterfront Park was the best outdoor show I've ever been to. That's the show they recorded "Celebración de la Ciudad Natal" at. I was right in front of a guy recording a bootleg for the entire show, and if you listen closely, you can here a rather intoxicated CWB at several points throughout the show. Here's the bootleg - FO FREE! I was at that show too. Very awesome show, but until they announce other bands it's not a $124 show. In past years I haven't been overly excited to go to Forecastle.
January 30, 201214 yr Is the May 31st show the one where Erykah Badu came out? I think so, yeah. I honestly haven't even had a chance to listen to that yet :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.