Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Concerts 2012

Featured Replies

This summer could turn into one of the best summers in my memory for concerts! Already confirmed tours by the Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Springsteen, and for all you old school R&B lovers..New Edition

 

A Possible reunion tour for the Beach Boys and a 50th Anniversary tour for the Rolling Stones. Bob Dylan, and KISS are rumored to be going out on full scale tours this summer. Looks like my summer plans will be full

 

:ylsuper::ylsuper:

  • Replies 157
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a summer tour but going to see TOOL in Charlotte a week from tomorrow (Feb 4th).

 

IMO that is a huge tour although they are only playing 15-16 dates in around a month span. TOOL is not only one of the best bands of the last 20 years, they put on one of the best shows as well. Really looking forward to it.

 

 

 

 

Like you said, lot of good tours shaping up for this summer.

RHCP and Springsteen are the two I most want to attend.. RHCP tickets are bought, but Springsteen's schedule and mine don't seem to match up very well so far so that one's a longshot.

 

I'm hoping for a Pearl Jam US tour this year.. Eddie Vedder is doing a solo tour this Spring and then Pearl Jam is doing 13 shows in Europe, but hopefully they find time for the US fans come August or September.

If I had any concert budget, Louisville is a GREAT place to be this year! YUM! is really going to be rockin'! Jimmy Buffet, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bush (who's touring with Nickelback, who's actually headlinging & who I have no desire to see. :lol:) and Roger Waters (who I have no desire to see).

 

I'd give almost anything to see Bruce Springsteen. But I can't afford to go to Atlanta.

 

And at the Palace there's Jane's Addiciton, Daughtry, Death Cab for Cutie and Trace Adkins. I don't have any overwhelming desire to see any of them, but I'm excited to see Louisville getting acts I recognize. :lol:

I think Chesney and Mcgraw together at Paul Brown Stadium is on my list also.

  • Author

I am hoping RUSH will come around again...I missed the last tour and they are 2 of the bands left on my list to see (along with ZZ Top)

I think Chesney and Mcgraw together at Paul Brown Stadium is on my list also.

When is that?

My Morning Jacket will be headlining Forecastle.

My Morning Jacket will be headlining Forecastle.

 

I can't believe I forgot that one!

I've not been to Forecastle... What's it like? How many people does it attract?

I've not been to Forecastle... What's it like? How many people does it attract?

 

Personally, I've never been, but only because I'm not a big music festival fan. The coolest thing about it to me is that the kid who started it lives in my neighborhood and his mom and I walk our dogs and see each other all the time in the park that's in our neighborhood.

 

Here's a link to the site. It's been voted #1 Music festival in Louisville several times, and has grown amazingly in it's short history. It was also voted one of the top 15 music festivals in the country by Outside Magazine.

My Morning Jacket will be headlining Forecastle.
I like MMJ, but not nearly enough to justify those prices. I'll have to see the full lineup before I make my decision.
I like MMJ, but not nearly enough to justify those prices. I'll have to see the full lineup before I make my decision.

 

I don't plan on paying.

I don't plan on paying.

 

Don't you think FKY would make a great assistant? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.