Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Concerts 2012

Featured Replies

One of the great things about this site is sometimes hearing about new things. I had never heard of Jason Isbell before, I like all kinds of music, from Van Halen(both Sammy & Dave) to Metallica to James Taylor to old school R&B. I just looked up Jason Isbell and listened to some stuff on his site and actually liked it a lot. It's something a little different to hear than the norm. I will go on itunes and buy a few things. And I'm with you guys, I could not imagine ever not listening to music. It's part of my everyday life.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's others I'll listen to from time to time and enjoy, but not really anything substantial. I think it's more a matter of me just not liking music. Most people get something out of it, but to me it's just noise for the most part.

 

I don't really care for it all that much myself. I like to listen to the beats but most the words in any song these days are just a bunch of garbage.I listen to talk radio 98% of the time in the car and only other time I listen to music is to get me going at the gym. I've never been to a concert either. I am sure that will shock a lot of you. I just don't really like any artist enough to listen to 20 of their songs. I do listen to Pandora every now and then at work.

Outside of my family, if I didn't have music I wouldn't be worth a heck of a lot.

I don't really care for it all that much myself. I like to listen to the beats but most the words in any song these days are just a bunch of garbage.I listen to talk radio 98% of the time in the car and only other time I listen to music is to get me going at the gym. I've never been to a concert either. I am sure that will shock a lot of you. I just don't really like any artist enough to listen to 20 of their songs. I do listen to Pandora every now and then at work.
I'm starting to realize what is wrong with you two. :D
One of the great things about this site is sometimes hearing about new things. I had never heard of Jason Isbell before, I like all kinds of music, from Van Halen(both Sammy & Dave) to Metallica to James Taylor to old school R&B. I just looked up Jason Isbell and listened to some stuff on his site and actually liked it a lot. It's something a little different to hear than the norm. I will go on itunes and buy a few things. And I'm with you guys, I could not imagine ever not listening to music. It's part of my everyday life.
Glad you liked him. His latest album Here We Rest is a great place to start. I'd recommend buying the whole thing.

 

Also, for three albums Isbell was a member of the Drive-By Truckers. The albums and Isbell penned songs are:

 

Decoration Day - "Outfit", "Decoration Day"

The Dirty South - "The Day John Henry Died", "Danko/Manuel", "Never Gonna Change", "Goddang Lonely Love"

A Blessing and a Curse - "Easy on Yourself", "Daylight"

 

Two Isbell songs appear on a compilation album:

The Fine Print: A Collection of Oddities and Rarities - "TVA", "When The Well Runs Dry"

 

You might want to give them a listen too.

I'm with you and am completely sincere.

 

I'll third that. I'd die without music.

Thanks, I did not know he was in DBT either. I seen them with Petty in Cincinnati in 2010 and really liked them a lot. Knew nothing about them when we went to the show, went home and bought some songs the next day. I will check everything out you mentioned.

Seven Mary Three was playing on St Patrick's day in Cincy about three or four years ago. I wanted to go to that real bad, needless to say I didn't make it there. I'd kill to have that opportunity again. I don't think this band will ever tour again.

Line up for this summer's Forecastle Festival:

 

In addition to MMJ:

 

Girl Talk, Atmosphere, Clutch, A-Trak, Galactic, Flying Lotus, Beach House, The Head and the Heart, Stax! Soul Revue, Dr. Dog, Deer Tick, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Beats Antique, Real Estate, Justin Townes Earle, Washed Out, Walk The Moon, Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500, Wye Oak, Atlas Sound, Fruit Bats, Daedelus;

 

Ben Sollee, Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, JEFF the Brotherhood, The Features, Mike Doughty, Tanlines, Zion I, Sleeper Agent, Floating Action, Wick-It The Instigator, James Vincent McMorrow, Wax Fang, Daniel Martin Moore, King's Daughters & Sons, Houndmouth, Cheyenne Marie Mize, Rachel Grimes, Nerves Junior, Cabin, Scarlet Smile and Lydia Burrell.

 

Weekend passes on on sale now at Forecastlefest.com and WHY Louisville for $144.50. Single-day general admission and VIP passes will go on sale March 2 at noon EST, with a limited number priced at $49.50. When those are sold out, they’ll go up to $57.50 before plateauing at $65. A payment plan is offered.

Line up for this summer's Forecastle Festival:

 

In addition to MMJ:

 

Girl Talk, Atmosphere, Clutch, A-Trak, Galactic, Flying Lotus, Beach House, The Head and the Heart, Stax! Soul Revue, Dr. Dog, Deer Tick, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Beats Antique, Real Estate, Justin Townes Earle, Washed Out, Walk The Moon, Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500, Wye Oak, Atlas Sound, Fruit Bats, Daedelus;

 

Ben Sollee, Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, JEFF the Brotherhood, The Features, Mike Doughty, Tanlines, Zion I, Sleeper Agent, Floating Action, Wick-It The Instigator, James Vincent McMorrow, Wax Fang, Daniel Martin Moore, King's Daughters & Sons, Houndmouth, Cheyenne Marie Mize, Rachel Grimes, Nerves Junior, Cabin, Scarlet Smile and Lydia Burrell.

 

Weekend passes on on sale now at Forecastlefest.com and WHY Louisville for $144.50. Single-day general admission and VIP passes will go on sale March 2 at noon EST, with a limited number priced at $49.50. When those are sold out, they’ll go up to $57.50 before plateauing at $65. A payment plan is offered.

They went and made this something I'm thinking about going to see. I also heard Neko Case would be there.

 

Jim, you still need that assistant? :D

They went and made this something I'm thinking about going to see. I also heard Neko Case would be there.

 

 

:lol: I knew they'd get you. :lol:

:lol: I knew they'd get you. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

 

Truthfully, it boils down to this. I can't go to JTE's show in Nashville and not really ok with the idea of going a whole calendar year without seeing him live (especially with a new album). For $49.50 on his day I'll more than likely be there. Not sure about buying a ticket for the whole thing, I'll need to more closely inspect the schedule.

:lol: :lol:

 

Truthfully, it boils down to this. I can't go to JTE's show in Nashville and not really ok with the idea of going a whole calendar year without seeing him live (especially with a new album). For $49.50 on his day I'll more than likely be there. Not sure about buying a ticket for the whole thing, I'll need to more closely inspect the schedule.

 

 

Maybe it's just me, but $144.50 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a whole weekend of concerts.

Line up for this summer's Forecastle Festival:

 

In addition to MMJ:

 

Girl Talk, Atmosphere, Clutch, A-Trak, Galactic, Flying Lotus, Beach House, The Head and the Heart, Stax! Soul Revue, Dr. Dog, Deer Tick, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Beats Antique, Real Estate, Justin Townes Earle, Washed Out, Walk The Moon, Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500, Wye Oak, Atlas Sound, Fruit Bats, Daedelus;

 

Ben Sollee, Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, JEFF the Brotherhood, The Features, Mike Doughty, Tanlines, Zion I, Sleeper Agent, Floating Action, Wick-It The Instigator, James Vincent McMorrow, Wax Fang, Daniel Martin Moore, King's Daughters & Sons, Houndmouth, Cheyenne Marie Mize, Rachel Grimes, Nerves Junior, Cabin, Scarlet Smile and Lydia Burrell.

 

Weekend passes on on sale now at Forecastlefest.com and WHY Louisville for $144.50. Single-day general admission and VIP passes will go on sale March 2 at noon EST, with a limited number priced at $49.50. When those are sold out, they’ll go up to $57.50 before plateauing at $65. A payment plan is offered.

 

There are a number of these I'm very intrigued by. Looks like my decision has been made.

Line up for this summer's Forecastle Festival:

 

In addition to MMJ:

 

Girl Talk, Atmosphere, Clutch, A-Trak, Galactic, Flying Lotus, Beach House, The Head and the Heart, Stax! Soul Revue, Dr. Dog, Deer Tick, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Beats Antique, Real Estate, Justin Townes Earle, Washed Out, Walk The Moon, Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500, Wye Oak, Atlas Sound, Fruit Bats, Daedelus;

 

Ben Sollee, Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, JEFF the Brotherhood, The Features, Mike Doughty, Tanlines, Zion I, Sleeper Agent, Floating Action, Wick-It The Instigator, James Vincent McMorrow, Wax Fang, Daniel Martin Moore, King's Daughters & Sons, Houndmouth, Cheyenne Marie Mize, Rachel Grimes, Nerves Junior, Cabin, Scarlet Smile and Lydia Burrell.

 

I'm thinking I'll likely be going. FWIW...if you're planning on going, Wye Oak is not to be missed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.