January 26, 201214 yr I am currently reading John Calipari's book, Bounce Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life, which is pretty good I will add. But it got me thinking, where is his wife Ellen? I watch just about every UK game, every year, and I rarely remember the producers showing her at UK games. Which makes me think, they don't really show a lot of coaches wives anymore. Is it just me or did it seem like they showed Tubby's wife cheering on the team at least once a game? Have they gotten out of that trend?
January 26, 201214 yr I thought I heard that she doesn't care about basketball that much and she rarely attends any games?
January 26, 201214 yr If this were JoAnn, everyone would be talking "love on the rocks". :lol: I think coaches wives should be more than just the support at a game. Hopefully she's out there being successful in her own right....Or home with a glass of vino and a book, if she so perfers. And as someone who isn't a fan of basketball all that much...I'd probably be absent from most games if I were the wife of a basketball coach. Of course, if I were the wife of a football coach, I'd probably be banned from the games, which is why you wouldn't see me there. Ask PepRock...he'll tell you why I'd be banned. :lol:
January 26, 201214 yr I thought I heard that she doesn't care about basketball that much and she rarely attends any games? Really? Seems like an odd situation if that's the case.
January 26, 201214 yr She better be home cooking and cleaning. :lol: She's probably looking for a place to store all the Orange Leaf that Cal brings home.
January 26, 201214 yr I think she sits on Press Row or the scorers table for most games...not behind the bench front and center like some wives...
January 26, 201214 yr I think she sits on Press Row or the scorers table for most games...not behind the bench front and center like some wives... My favorite place to watch a game.
January 26, 201214 yr Plus I believe their son plays for Lex Catholic, so I am sure if there is a conflict, she goes to watch their son play.
January 26, 201214 yr She has been at every home game I've been to (all of them except the Morehouse game). She sits at a table on the floor on the same side of the floor as the TV cameras and TV crew. She doesn't seem very excited to be there, but she's there. She was actually with Coach Cal Saturday night at Montgomery Co. to watch Willis.
January 26, 201214 yr Author Have you guys noticed that the TV cameras don't really show wives as much as they used too? Not just talking about Ellen.
January 26, 201214 yr Have you guys noticed that the TV cameras don't really show wives as much as they used too? Not just talking about Ellen. Too many complaints from the mistresses?
January 26, 201214 yr Plus I believe their son plays for Lex Catholic, so I am sure if there is a conflict, she goes to watch their son play. Lexington Christian. Freshman.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.