Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykesisms

Featured Replies

IIRC, Lexington is one of the most educated cities in the country.

 

Maybe so (although I'm not so sure), but the bottom line is Kentucky is one of the least educated states in the nation, and has been forever, and most of those residents are Kentucky fans. Kentucky fans don't just reside in Lexington.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe so (although I'm not so sure), but the bottom line is Kentucky is one of the least educated states in the nation, and has been forever, and most of those residents are Kentucky fans. Kentucky fans don't just reside in Lexington.

 

Great another argument for Jim...

Maybe so (although I'm not so sure), but the bottom line is Kentucky is one of the least educated states in the nation, and has been forever, and most of those residents are Kentucky fans. Kentucky fans don't just reside in Lexington.

 

I think we are the 48th or 49th state in regards to education. I feel like I've read that before.

Maybe so (although I'm not so sure), but the bottom line is Kentucky is one of the least educated states in the nation, and has been forever, and most of those residents are Kentucky fans. Kentucky fans don't just reside in Lexington.

Do you agree with the sentiment that ESPN has Dykes do UK games because he puts it in terms us dumb folk can understand?

Maybe so (although I'm not so sure), but the bottom line is Kentucky is one of the least educated states in the nation, and has been forever, and most of those residents are Kentucky fans. Kentucky fans don't just reside in Lexington.

 

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/educated-cities

 

#16 Lexington B+

#71 Louisville D

 

And if you want another... Lexington comes in at #10

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/29/real_estate/brainiest_cities/

Do you agree with the sentiment that ESPN has Dykes do UK games because he puts it in terms us dumb folk can understand?

 

Seems highly unlikely. Probably has more to do with where Dykes lives -- they generally will get announcers from that region so as to not keep their guys flying across the country all the time. Same reason why Brent Musberger primarily does games in the midwest. Wasn't Dykes also an assistant at UK back in the day?

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/educated-cities

 

#16 Lexington B+

#71 Louisville D

 

And if you want another... Lexington comes in at #10

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/29/real_estate/brainiest_cities/

 

I did not know that; interesting info. I would pose that a lot of that has to do with Lexington brain-draining the rest of the state. Not too many options for college-educated folks in most of our rural counties, unless you're a lawyer or teacher.

Great another argument for Jim...

 

You can ignore me if you want. I'll still sleep OK at night.

I think we are the 48th or 49th state in regards to education. I feel like I've read that before.

 

Ever hear the phrase, "Thank God for Mississippi/West Virginia?" That's what that comes from.

Congrats I would offer you a cookie but I'm sure job you've been able to acquire with your Master's Degree will allow you to be able to purchase your own.

I don't need a cookie from you. You make the comment about dumb Kentuckians. Yes, there are some here in the state. However, in my travels, there are rednecks and dumb people all over the South and in other parts of the country. I just happen to not be one of them. If you stereotype, you have to give both sides.

Seems highly unlikely. Probably has more to do with where Dykes lives -- they generally will get announcers from that region so as to not keep their guys flying across the country all the time. Same reason why Brent Musberger primarily does games in the midwest. Wasn't Dykes also an assistant at UK back in the day?

 

Correct. A couple of years ago ESPN began assigning announcers to specific conferences with the theory that they would learn the conference better and call a better game. I believe Rafftery does Big East, Bob Knight - Big 12, Mike Patrick - ACC, etc. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think that is the system.

Dykes is ESPN's lead color analyst for their SEC broadcast. Even one us dumb Kentuckians knows that.

 

What I have found is that most people make issues with others educations to cover for their own ignorance. Just an observation that is proven true over and over again on most message boards.

I don't need a cookie from you. You make the comment about dumb Kentuckians. Yes, there are some here in the state. However, in my travels, there are rednecks and dumb people all over the South and in other parts of the country. I just happen to not be one of them. If you stereotype, you have to give both sides.

 

I recognize that, which is why I said it was probably the majority of fans that aren't well educated. Obviously a college team is going to have some highly educated fans as well, they are a team that is meant to represent an institution of higher learning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.