Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykesisms

Featured Replies

Dykes is ESPN's lead color analyst for their SEC broadcast. Even one us dumb Kentuckians knows that.

 

What I have found is that most people make issues with others educations to cover for their own ignorance. Just an observation that is proven true over and over again on most message boards.

 

So ESPN is covering for their own ignorance? That is still what we are discussing isn't it?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems highly unlikely. Probably has more to do with where Dykes lives -- they generally will get announcers from that region so as to not keep their guys flying across the country all the time. Same reason why Brent Musberger primarily does games in the midwest. Wasn't Dykes also an assistant at UK back in the day?

 

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard Brent Musberger say, "Magic ships Kareem" back in the day. That drove me crazy.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard Brent Musberger say, "Magic ships Kareem" back in the day. That drove me crazy.

 

:lol:

 

I do still have a soft spot for "You're looking live … "

So ESPN is covering for their own ignorance? That is still what we are discussing isn't it?

 

You are going to have to dumb it down a bit. Us dumb people can't comprehend what you are saying.

You are going to have to dumb it down a bit. Us dumb people can't comprehend what you are saying.

 

I am enjoying this. All UK fans have an axe to grind it seems.

Dykes is ESPN's lead color analyst for their SEC broadcast. Even one us dumb Kentuckians knows that.

 

What I have found is that most people make issues with others educations to cover for their own ignorance. Just an observation that is proven true over and over again on most message boards.

 

You are going to have to dumb it down a bit. Us dumb people can't comprehend what you are saying.

 

People like you will always use a fine-toothed comb to look for reasons to get offended over something. Since you are obviously making back-handed posts in response to me, I guess I have to ask, did my use of a long-standing, legitimate citing of a Commonwealth of Kentucky black eye hit too close to home? Does the shoe fit? It's not like I made up the "Thank God for Mississippi/West Virginia" phrase -- it precedes my birth by a good 50 years, if not more.

 

There are lots of highly intelligent people in Kentucky -- the state I have lived most of my life in and love dearly. However, those folks are sorely outnumbered, unfortunately, and that's a fact. Kentucky's long history of anti-intellectualism confirms this. Guess'n you'uns don't need no book-larnin', though, and never seens the needs for such crazy things.

:lol:

 

I do still have a soft spot for "You're looking live … "

 

As opposed to the alternative, "You're looking dead."biggrin.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.