Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykesisms

Featured Replies

:lol: What?

 

You are only laughing because you know it's absolutely true lol. FYI hope you're doing well sir.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are only laughing because you know it's absolutely true lol. FYI hope you're doing well sir.

 

I appreciate the compliment but I'm not agreeing with that. I think Dykes is trying to go overboard in hopes of replacing Dickie V. someday. I don't think he's trying to dumb it down for uneducated UK fans.

I understand everyone's frustration but also understand why he does the UK games like this. Half of the UK fans likely didn't go to college, probably half the other half didn't graduate college. The guy uses terms and explinations that are rather easy to follow; essentially ESPN thinks at least 75% of all UK fans comprehend basketball announcers at about a 12th grade level.....

 

He doesn't just do it for the Kentucky games.

I appreciate the compliment but I'm not agreeing with that. I think Dykes is trying to go overboard in hopes of replacing Dickie V. someday. I don't think he's trying to dumb it down for uneducated UK fans.

 

Eh I dunno, I honestly feel like he's the poor mans/red necks version of Dickie V and I know we have a lot of UK fan that fall under both categories.

He doesn't just do it for the Kentucky games.

 

But mostly SEC games and I'd say the same reigns true for both audiences..

But mostly SEC games and I'd say the same reigns true for both audiences..

 

You seem to be a shining example for your own argument.

Looks like tonight will be about Miller getting to the SEC logo in the paint...

 

As soon as he said that the first few minutes of the game I could have sworn we'd hear it 15 times last night. But he actually wasn't to bad, especially compared to Saturday.

I understand everyone's frustration but also understand why he does the UK games like this. Half of the UK fans likely didn't go to college, probably half the other half didn't graduate college. The guy uses terms and explinations that are rather easy to follow; essentially ESPN thinks at least 75% of all UK fans comprehend basketball announcers at about a 12th grade level.....

 

UK fans might be much less educated than many other programs, but if there is one thing they understand, its basketball. Don't apologize for Jimmy Dykes haha! He announces a game like he's at a middle school basketball camp.

I understand everyone's frustration but also understand why he does the UK games like this. Half of the UK fans likely didn't go to college, probably half the other half didn't graduate college. The guy uses terms and explinations that are rather easy to follow; essentially ESPN thinks at least 75% of all UK fans comprehend basketball announcers at about a 12th grade level.....

 

ESPN assigns him to UK games so UK fans will be able to understand the game? That was really your thought process just now? :lol::lol:

 

What does guard your yard mean? Clip the hip? Violent cut? ATO? If anything he makes it more difficult to follow. He has to have a catch phrase for everything, it is extremely tiresome.

I am a Kentucky fan and I have a Master's Degree.

I am a Kentucky fan and I have a Master's Degree.

 

IIRC, Lexington is one of the most educated cities in the country.

Off-thread, but Kirk Herbstreit's new pet phrase is , e.g., how a defensive lieman "cousumed" blockers. he beat that to death during the Bowl season.

UK fans might be much less educated than many other programs, but if there is one thing they understand, its basketball. Don't apologize for Jimmy Dykes haha! He announces a game like he's at a middle school basketball camp.

 

Which is exactly my point. You all can think what you want but that's what I believe.

I am a Kentucky fan and I have a Master's Degree.

 

Congrats I would offer you a cookie but I'm sure job you've been able to acquire with your Master's Degree will allow you to be able to purchase your own.

You seem to be a shining example for your own argument.

 

How so?.....:jump:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.