Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 65 Tennessee 62

Featured Replies

I think winning these types of games can sometimes do for more a team than a 15-point win. You have to be clutch and have guts to win these. The Vols just gave Miss. State a tough game in Starkville. I am not disappointed in this win.

 

...Also, the ref who T'd up Cal was identified as Roger Ayres, I believe. Did he work the WKU 6-men-on-the-floor game?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think winning these types of games can sometimes do for more a team than a 15-point win. You have to be clutch and have guts to win these. The Vols just gave Miss. State a tough game in Starkville. I am not disappointed in this win.

 

...Also, the ref who T'd up Cal was identified as Roger Ayres, I believe. Did he work the WKU 6-men-on-the-floor game?

 

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320050098

 

Yes he did. He can't count to 6, but he can see something across the court to T somebody up.

Thanks. BTW, why did Cal get the T?

Thanks. BTW, why did Cal get the T?

 

I didn't see the game until the second half, I didn't even realize he got a T until just now haha.

Thanks. BTW, why did Cal get the T?

 

I honestly don't know. I just thought it was strange that the guy on the other side of the court gave it to him. I could be wrong, but I doubt that happens very often.

Thanks. BTW, why did Cal get the T?

 

Because the ref knew he blew the charging call and didn't like being told about it.

Because the ref knew he blew the charging call and didn't like being told about it.
He called it from across the other side of the court as well.
Because the ref knew he blew the charging call and didn't like being told about it.

 

I'm sure Cal probably made reference to the 6 men on the court when he was complaining about the call. I know I would have.

Miller was one of the reasons why they beat Auburn, and he was the one that sealed the game today. Yes we all wish he could always play with the flashes of brillance that he shows at times. However he is just not that type of player, he is the type of player we need on a team like this. Just like he was the type of player we needed on the John Wall team, and last years. A guy who will play within the team, and not try to do to much like some of the freshman try to do. Sometimes it is to a fault, because he does need to be more aggressive at times. As a whole this team does not have really any offensive flow this year, they are they still trying to figure it out.

 

I know one thing is for sure, Miller is the guy I want at the line when we have to make free throws at the end of a game. Lamb has struggled with that on making big free throws at the end of the game on the road.

 

 

Yes Miller who two big 3's against Auburn, but he did nothing today until he hit the free throws. I guy with that much talent needs to bring maximum effort every time out, and neither Billy G, or Cal have been able to get that out of him.

North Carolina played UK and Vegas on the road and Fla. St is beating them by 30. Find another dumb argument, Jim.

I love MKG. My favorite Wildcat of all-time. And this is why.

 

 

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was angry after he and fellow freshman Anthony Davis didn't get much help from their Kentucky teammates in the first half against Tennessee. He made sure the Wildcats knew it at halftime. "He was the main one who came into the locker room mad," Davis said. "(He was) really feisty because we weren't playing like we were supposed to. That's just how he plays. You know he's got a will to win, and he brings a lot." His anger inspired the second-ranked Wildcats, who wore the Volunteers down with more pressing defense and sharper shooting. Kentucky overcame an eight-point deficit in the second half for a 65-62 victory Saturday.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320142633

 

 

If Miller would learn to play like MKG, the Wildcats wouldn't struggle to beat bad SEC teams on the road.

The block/charging calls in college basketball are horrible. The defense almost always gets the benefit of the doubt and to me it should be the opposite.

 

Nice win by this young team. It was ugly, but I like the way they closed it out. They took control and finished the deal.

 

College officials are wrong more often than not on charge calls. Teague was called for offensive fouls three times today, two were horrible calls and the other was questionable. It appears that anytime the defensive player is not inside the arc under the goal, they call an offensive foul no matter how clear it is that the defender moved.

I think winning these types of games can sometimes do for more a team than a 15-point win. You have to be clutch and have guts to win these. The Vols just gave Miss. State a tough game in Starkville. I am not disappointed in this win.

 

...Also, the ref who T'd up Cal was identified as Roger Ayres, I believe. Did he work the WKU 6-men-on-the-floor game?

 

He made at least 2 of the charge calls on Teague and also made that terrible call on Jones that fouled him out. He appeared to be in a game that was over his ability level.

Yes Miller who two big 3's against Auburn, but he did nothing today until he hit the free throws. I guy with that much talent needs to bring maximum effort every time out, and neither Billy G, or Cal have been able to get that out of him.

 

I don't think it is effort with him. I think the thing is, is his mindset. I think he plays hard, however he tries to be to much of a team guy sometimes instead of being assertive like he can be and should be. He shows that he can be aggresive sometimes, and is something I agree that he has to do more often like MKG.

I've stopped trying to understand hoW the block/charge call is enforced across college basketball. I just now go in with the expectation that it will be a charge, and if it goes the other way then it is a gift.

 

That's it. I'm surprised any time a block is called. And, I'd say I disagree with the charge call at least 75% of the time. I think it is pathetic. As far as the new arc making it worse, I don't know. I think it has been horrible for several years now and I can't say that it seems any worse to me this season.

 

As for the debate about road games, I think it is irrelevant. I don't think an extra road game or two in the pre-conference would make any difference for Kentucky.

 

The argument that building confidence and developing some chemistry and cohesion among the team with some "easier" games is just as convincing to me. Especially when considering the fact that the tournament requires you to win on a neutral floor. Certainly road games have value, 2 or 3 outside of conference is plenty, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.