Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zeke Pike - Army All American

Featured Replies

Zeke Pike will be recognized and presented with his Army All American Bowl uniform today at Dixie Heights.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's quite an honor. Congrats Zeke. Represent.

Great honor for Zeke Pike and the Dixie football community. Now, lets see if.....?

I just got off the phone with our FBU rep and he confirmed its legit that he is still playing. Said that there are a few of the kids playing in the game that are not on the online rosters.

I don't know him, nor have I seen him play, but could someone explain how he warranted this recognition. Expecially over some others in the state.

  • Author
I don't know him, nor have I seen him play, but could someone explain how he warranted this recognition. Expecially over some others in the state.

 

Pike has done a great job hitting the summer circuit and being seen by scouts and coaches there. His success there led to him being named one of the top 10 QB's in the nation in the ESPN Elite 11 competition, which was televised on ESPN back in August. He is the #5 pro-style QB in the nation according to rivals.com. So that is where the recognition comes from more than what he accomplished in high school games.

I don't know him, nor have I seen him play, but could someone explain how he warranted this recognition. Expecially over some others in the state.

 

Wasn't he the only player from KY to make the Elite 11? That might have something to do with the selection.

I don't know him, nor have I seen him play, but could someone explain how he warranted this recognition. Expecially over some others in the state.

 

I didn't want to appear to be "piling on" considering the issues he had at the end of the season (that's why I didn't start a thread about it), but this very thought crossed my mind too...

 

Also, did the ceremony take place at the high school he no longer attends? Was the now-retired coach there? I'm not asking these things to take a shot, just wondering, 'cause I'll bet it was a pretty awkward environment.

Harry,

Having just returned from the ceremony it was at the school (in the auditorium) and Coach Spritzky was there....

- Richard Skinner

Just proof that every cloud (rough season) has a silver lining (Army All-American)!

This award is not for on-field achievement but for being a highly rated recruit. There are qb's all across the country who had great years, better years than he had. He had a subpar year. This is based solely on his potential as a recruit, a physical specimen, nothing more.

This award is not for on-field achievement but for being a highly rated recruit. There are qb's all across the country who had great years, better years than he had. He had a subpar year. This is based solely on his potential as a recruit, a physical specimen, nothing more.

 

So, are you saying that all 6'5" physical specimens got invited to play in this game? I do believe he went to CA to compete in a competition that was made up of a pretty impressive invite only list. He performed very well and was declared part of the Elite 11, a very impressive accolade indeed. His high school team was bitten by the injury bug early on and they didn't have the year they wanted to, but Zeke is a very impressive QB or he would not be playing in the Army All-American game and going to Auburn on a football scholly. Not sure why some here are trying to discredit this young man for his achievements. Seems odd.

Congratulations to him, quite an honor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.