Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK Lose During the Regular Season?

Who Hands Kentucky Their 1st Loss of the Year? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Hands Kentucky Their 1st Loss of the Year?

    • They go undefeated
      17%
    • @IU
      0%
      0
    • Louisville
      13%
    • @Vandy
      26%
    • @Mississippi State
      2%
    • @Florida
      15%
    • An Unexpected SEC team
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Maybe this has something to do with it:

 

Knight versus UK ..... 15 Wins - 18 Losses

 

It's really worse than that if you take away his first few years with Joe B Hall.

 

1973 IU won in regular season and NCAA (2-0)

1974 IU won (1-0)

1975 Split (IU in season & UK in NCAA) (1-1)

1976 IU won (1-0)

 

Knight got 5 of those 15 wins in the first four seasons.

 

So he finished 10-17 the last 27 times. :thumb:

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves me correctly the last team to go undefeated during the regular season was St. Joseph's in '03-'04. They lost in the A-10 tournament to Xavier, I think. Before that UNLV ran the table until the finals against Duke in '91-92. Indiana State was undefeated until losing to Michigan State in '78-'79. IU went undefeated in '75-'76.

 

Point being the chances are slim UK goes undefeated, especially being from a BCS conference. They have a talented group but are relying on Freshman and Sophomores to carry the load. I anticipate multiple losses.

Not thinking they'll go undefeated, but can't seem them losing more than a couple games. Possibly losing on the road at Vandy, because that always seems like a tough place to play. I've heard some talk about Alabama, so UK needs to be ready to defend their home floor. I think it will be hard to beat UK at Rupp though ... Carolina tried and couldn't.

It's really worse than that if you take away his first few years with Joe B Hall.

 

1973 IU won in regular season and NCAA (2-0)

1974 IU won (1-0)

1975 Split (IU in season & UK in NCAA) (1-1)

1976 IU won (1-0)

 

Knight got 5 of those 15 wins in the first four seasons.

 

So he finished 10-17 the last 27 times. :thumb:

 

 

Times on probation for IU in this time=zero. Times for UK on probation during this time period=????

Times on probation for IU in this time=zero. Times for UK on probation during this time period=????

 

That has what to do with anything?

I don't think UK will lose prior to conference play. I do expect them to lose a game in conference play. Probably one of those mid-week, SEC road games against a mediocre opponent that gets hot on a night when the UK team looks like it doesn't feel like being there (like South Carolina a couple years ago):

 

I'll say February 21st in Starkville to play Mississippi State.

It does inN NCAAW.

 

What does NCAAW have to do with anything regarding this thread?

Probably at Vandy.

No, will not go undefeated. When was the last time this has been done by any team? It is very hard to do and UK is too young to withstand teams' best shots every game.

No, will not go undefeated. When was the last time this has been done by any team? It is very hard to do and UK is too young to withstand teams' best shots every game.

 

The last team to finish the regular season undefeated was Indiana State I believe in '79. Temple made a run at it in the late 80's or so but got beat right before the season ended if I'm not mistaken.

 

Silly me, forgot all about UNLV in '91.

The last team to finish the regular season undefeated was Indiana State I believe in '79. Temple made a run at it in the late 80's or so but got beat right before the season ended if I'm not mistaken.

I think UNLV came close...can't remember if they ever accomplished going undefeated though.

The last team to finish the regular season undefeated was Indiana State I believe in '79. Temple made a run at it in the late 80's or so but got beat right before the season ended if I'm not mistaken.

 

Silly me, forgot all about UNLV in '91.

 

Wasn't there a team a few years ago that got to like 27-0 and then lost right before their conference tourney? I want to say it was a team in the north east.

Wasn't there a team a few years ago that got to like 27-0 and then lost right before their conference tourney? I want to say it was a team in the north east.

 

I don't remember that...but Memphis, and their ineligible player, only lost one game (to UT) late in their national runner-up season when they lost to Kansas (and their should have been ineligible player. I don't remember who was coaching them at the time....maybe Dana Kirk Jr.

  • Author
Wasn't there a team a few years ago that got to like 27-0 and then lost right before their conference tourney? I want to say it was a team in the north east.

 

St. Joseph's made it through the regular season undefeated then Xavier beat them in the conference tournament.

It isn't un-realistic for UK to go undefeated. I honestly think that they will lose 2 to 3 games though. Maybe at Vandy, maybe at Florida, but we won't lose a game at home this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.