Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The things you see on Facebook (Boone/Ryle)

Featured Replies

I will say this: I am very glad facebook didn't exist when I was in high school. There are plenty of thoughts in the minds of the 15-18 year old mind that are best left unshared with the world, let alone stored there.
:thumb: :thumb:
  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

This is the lastest thread tonight from the same young man:

 

[h=6]CRAZIEST GAME EVER :) F UCK RYLE !!!!!!!!!! #RICHB ITCHES[/h]

This is the lastest thread tonight from the same young man:

 

[h=6]CRAZIEST GAME EVER :) F UCK RYLE !!!!!!!!!! #RICHB ITCHES[/h]

 

The last part of that would get my ire up.

  • Author

And it is a school night, it is posted after 10pm, and already ten people like the comment.

And it is a school night, it is posted after 10pm, and already ten people like the comment.

 

Easy, grandpa.

  • Author
Easy, grandpa.

 

I'm sure they are all straight A students that never struggle to get up in the morning.

I'm sure they are all straight A students that never struggle to get up in the morning.

 

Come on now. Not many high school students are sleeping at 10 pm.

I'm sure they are all straight A students that never struggle to get up in the morning.

 

I got As through my senior year, and I routinely stayed upto 2 and 3 in the morning, it is not a big deal.

  • Author

Generally speaking these are all Freshmen.

I'm rolling with Clizzy in this one. However, I have been on my kids so much about things they post on Facebook(because of who had seen it) that they really don't post much on there anymore. Which is fine with me.

I will say this: I am very glad facebook didn't exist when I was in high school. There are plenty of thoughts in the minds of the 15-18 year old mind that are best left unshared with the world, let alone stored there.

 

This is my initial thought but then I think about all of the 'drama' that was prevalent in high school and then I hate I missed out on Facebook and the Internet back then. School would have really been off the hook for real. All of the stupidity I would have went through on Facebook from 1988-1992 makes me literally laugh out loud. :lol:

 

 

 

Now, in college I probably would have gotten way too stupid with things. No.....I know I would have gotten way too stupid with things I would put on Facebook in college.

A cuss word is one thing but don't you think it takes on added consequences a child says it about his rival school? To me, this is how many worse things get started. I am sure there are some kids from Ryle thinking we will show him for talking like that and before you know it you could have a full blown riot on your hands.

 

So to be clear, a cuss word would have me telling my son/daughter no more, a cuss word in this context would have me handing out a heavy penalty.

"Don't trash your family name". Once upon a time I lived on an Army Base in Germany. All the kids dad's reported up the same chain of command. If you messed up in school, you did it one time only. Why? Because the school had a bee-line to the base commanding officer, who you mom or dad reported to. So kids learned real quick that they did not EVEN want their NAME associated with any kind of shenanigans that could look "shamefully" on their parents, the bread winners, the ones that feed them, clothe them, house them, pay for their medical; lest it look dishonerably on that parent.

Old school? You bet. Point is, Facebook comments have that family name attached. Why is it ok for your kid to trash your famiy name?

On previous FB threads I have gotten on my soapbox about policing FB so kids won't make comments that they may not want future employers or teachers or colleges to see.

Let's also start teaching these kids that they should not be posting things that their hardworking parents will have to defend, or that their younger siblings will have to answer to. Or--that there that their own principal or classmates will be ashamed of.

^ I'm not shocked. To simply put it. The age off 13-17 and sometimes older, they just don't understand any type of consequences that could come of this now or in the future. Unless a parent steps in I don't see any way they will stop. This is the way some talk to their friends. They see FB as an online "club" with all their friends.

 

I liked facebook a lot more when it was for college students, and didn't have all of the dumb games advertisements. It was a great way to stalk girls from class, I mean ummm find out what their names were. Now it's just blah, I dunno once I started getting notified of family functions via facebook I become much much less of a fan.

 

BTW, who on here has seen the facebook episode on facebook, I never should have friended my parents on there.....

"Don't trash your family name". Once upon a time I lived on an Army Base in Germany. All the kids dad's reported up the same chain of command. If you messed up in school, you did it one time only. Why? Because the school had a bee-line to the base commanding officer, who you mom or dad reported to. So kids learned real quick that they did not EVEN want their NAME associated with any kind of shenanigans that could look "shamefully" on their parents, the bread winners, the ones that feed them, clothe them, house them, pay for their medical; lest it look dishonerably on that parent.

Old school? You bet. Point is, Facebook comments have that family name attached. Why is it ok for your kid to trash your famiy name?

On previous FB threads I have gotten on my soapbox about policing FB so kids won't make comments that they may not want future employers or teachers or colleges to see.

Let's also start teaching these kids that they should not be posting things that their hardworking parents will have to defend, or that their younger siblings will have to answer to. Or--that there that their own principal or classmates will be ashamed of.

 

:thumb: Outstanding. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.