Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alright where are the fire Boeheim threads???

Featured Replies

^Not only that, but think about the potential victims that Boeheim silenced from coming forward with his comments. How he can sleep at night is beyond me. He needs to go and right away. As far as I'm concerned what Boeheim has done is every bit as damaging as Paterno.
I assume you are saying that with respect to his comments last week. In which case I agree. The scenarios to me are still totally different.
  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think one big difference is that in JoePa's case, there were some higher ups that already wanted him out. The Sandusky deal gave them a perfect opportunity. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been fired regardless, but they had asked the guy to resign years ago and he declined. I don't think anyone at Syracuse wants to see Boeheim gone.
There was no other choice but to let Paterno go. You could not continue to go on with him on the sidelines. It has been enough of a circus as it is, but to let him still sit there and dictate when and to what terms he wants to leave on would be even more damaging to the University. Who knows where this Syracuse thing will go, but you could argue Sandusky, Paterno, et al. have cost PSU millions of dollars due to the complexity of the cover-up.
I can't figure out why there isn't. Police investigated Sandusky in 98 no charges were filed, most of the pass for Boheim seems to be that this was investigated and no charges filed in the past. Boheim knew when the investigation happened before, so how does he get a pass for keeping this guy and Paterno doesn't? I would honestly say part of it is the media got their fix on this stuff with Penn State and the story, despite being at a new school, isn't a rating boom the 2nd time around this close together.

 

I know this is just my opinion but...

 

I think after the final investigation is done that they will determine that no charges were filed because of Joe Pa. I think that him and the boosters surrounding PSU strong armed the police and DA into not filing charges.

 

 

I also think that we will find out that JB knew a lot more than is being currently reported and he should be fired also.

After hearing some more things about the situation, this isn't even close to the Penn State disaster.

After hearing some more things about the situation, this isn't even close to the Penn State disaster.

 

It doesn't have to be for Boeheim to be fired. Not a lot of people are saying it is close either.

There was no other choice but to let Paterno go. You could not continue to go on with him on the sidelines. It has been enough of a circus as it is, but to let him still sit there and dictate when and to what terms he wants to leave on would be even more damaging to the University. Who knows where this Syracuse thing will go, but you could argue Sandusky, Paterno, et al. have cost PSU millions of dollars due to the complexity of the cover-up.

 

I agree. I'm just saying that's a difference. Not everyone wanted Paterno to be the coach at Penn State. I think he'd have been fired anyway, but I question whether the act would have happened as fast as it did if there weren't some powers that be in favor of a new coach already.

 

In light of the phone recording, I think things could get dicey with Boeheim now. He backed himself into a corner and he may not survive it. I don't see it as a foregone conclusion, but if the investigation continues to gain steam and credibility, I think he'll have a hard time remaining the head coach at Syracuse.

 

I see more differences than similarities with he and Paterno at this point, but that is really irrelevant to me.

For Kentucky fans, the most important aspect of this whole situation is, does it make Dejuan Coleman rethink his committment to Cuse?

^Not only that, but think about the potential victims that Boeheim silenced from coming forward with his comments. How he can sleep at night is beyond me. He needs to go and right away. As far as I'm concerned what Boeheim has done is every bit as damaging as Paterno.

 

I do agree that Boeheim has potentially silenced alot of victims in this case and maybe others. Its already difficult to tell someone you were raped. Now a college b-ball coach goes on tv and calls some potential victims liars? That's very bad especially if Fine really did these things. I wouldn't be upset with Boeheim getting fired because of that but I don't necessarily think he should be fired because of it either.

I think Boeheim said something very stupid. But JoePa knew of some very serious allegations and did little to nothing about it. And then let the scum bag Sandusky back in his locker room whenever he wanted to be there. JoePa himself said he should have done more.

 

Not sure that Boeheim should be fired just yet. He should most defintely apologize for his stupid comments and learn not to open his mouth until all facts are out.

 

Agreed. :thumb:

If it is that clear-cut, why do you think there is a difference in the reactions then?

 

Because the higher ups wanted rid of Paterno and this was their chance. Syracuse dont want to over react like PS did and jump the gun before anyone is ever found guilty

I do agree that Boeheim has potentially silenced alot of victims in this case and maybe others. Its already difficult to tell someone you were raped. Now a college b-ball coach goes on tv and calls some potential victims liars? That's very bad especially if Fine really did these things. I wouldn't be upset with Boeheim getting fired because of that but I don't necessarily think he should be fired because of it either.

 

Agreed. He not only called them liars he called them extortionists. One of the accusers claims Boeheim had seen him in Fine's hotel rooms on the bed as a teenager. Not sure that can ever be proven, but if Boeheim did see him and still vilified this guy in the media it makes a really bad situation for him a lot worse. I lost a lot of respect for Boeheim here. He went all in for a friend and his bluff has been called. He's now holding a dead hand.

For Kentucky fans, the most important aspect of this whole situation is, does it make Dejuan Coleman rethink his committment to Cuse?
I hope that was a parody of obsessed UK fans, because I think we can all agree that it isn't the most important part.
I hope that was a parody of obsessed UK fans, because I think we can all agree that it isn't the most important part.

 

Yes, it was meant tongue in cheek....Although I have seen it being asked by some on other boards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.