Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alright where are the fire Boeheim threads???

Featured Replies

The latest accuser's father is calling his son a liar, saying he's 100% positive his son never even got within shouting distance of fine. I'm skeptical of all 3 accusers.

 

Did you see sportscenter last night? They played a taped phone conversation with one accuser and Fine's wife she admitted to the accuser that she new what was going on.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The latest accuser's father is calling his son a liar, saying he's 100% positive his son never even got within shouting distance of fine. I'm skeptical of all 3 accusers.

 

 

That's the problem with this situation. Obviously Fine had something going on as he was fired. The tapes with Davis and the wife are shocking to say the least. The dad is calling the kid a liar. Boeheim stupidly ran off at the mouth and like I said earlier if he knew like Paterno knew then fire him and I stand by that. I do think for now with everyone talking crazy it is too hard to figure out who knew what. To me it sounds like the Fine family is a very perverted family. Whether Boeheim knew how perverted they were remains to be seen.

Has it been proven it was Fine's wife?

Has it been proven it was Fine's wife?

 

The stated before they played it that FBI voice experts concluded that it was her.

If I remember correctly the quotes from JB came directly after the story broke, within the same night. Seems as though he responded rather quickly and it probably would have been better off if he took a big step back and got his emotions in check before he made any type of comments on the situation.

 

As for comparing this situation to Penn State, I feel like there are a lot more holes here.

If it were remotely close in the amount of evidence that had come to light then I would be on board with you, HT. If more surfaces then sure. Penn State was an organizational cover-up with a guy arrested. I am all for people having their day in court, but I do not put the court of law above everything.

 

Though your intent of this thread is incorrectly focused because it was your theory that the only reason people wanted Joe Pa fired was the "lynch mob" mentality and everyone looking for a fall-guy. You should be asking as to WHY there is not the same amount of outcry? People would be a lot more receptive to supporting Paterno than Boeheim.

Boeheim knew of allegations.

Paterno knew of allegations.

 

Boeheim wasnt anywhere where this stuff happened.

Paterno wasnt anywhere where this stuff happened.

 

Boeheim said accusers were liars

Paterno said he wished he had done more.

 

Boeheim wont get fired

Paterno got fired

Boeheim knew of allegations.

Paterno knew of allegations.

 

Boeheim wasnt anywhere where this stuff happened.

Paterno wasnt anywhere where this stuff happened.

 

Boeheim said accusers were liars

Paterno said he wished he had done more.

 

Boeheim wont get fired

Paterno got fired

If it is that clear-cut, why do you think there is a difference in the reactions then?
  • Author
If it were remotely close in the amount of evidence that had come to light then I would be on board with you, HT. If more surfaces then sure. Penn State was an organizational cover-up with a guy arrested. I am all for people having their day in court, but I do not put the court of law above everything.

 

Though your intent of this thread is incorrectly focused because it was your theory that the only reason people wanted Joe Pa fired was the "lynch mob" mentality and everyone looking for a fall-guy. You should be asking as to WHY there is not the same amount of outcry? People would be a lot more receptive to supporting Paterno than Boeheim.

 

I can't figure out why there isn't. Police investigated Sandusky in 98 no charges were filed, most of the pass for Boheim seems to be that this was investigated and no charges filed in the past. Boheim knew when the investigation happened before, so how does he get a pass for keeping this guy and Paterno doesn't? I would honestly say part of it is the media got their fix on this stuff with Penn State and the story, despite being at a new school, isn't a rating boom the 2nd time around this close together.

  • Author
If it is that clear-cut, why do you think there is a difference in the reactions then?

 

TV Ratings. The media isn't covering Syracuse nearly as much as they did Penn State, why? No one is watching the story 24/7 the second time around in less than a month. If the media were hammering this like they did Joe Pa more people in the public would be going nuts.

I can't figure out why there isn't. Police investigated Sandusky in 98 no charges were filed, most of the pass for Boheim seems to be that this was investigated and no charges filed in the past. Boheim knew when the investigation happened before, so how does he get a pass for keeping this guy and Paterno doesn't? I would honestly say part of it is the media got their fix on this stuff with Penn State and the story, despite being at a new school, isn't a rating boom the 2nd time around this close together.
There is a big difference in JB knowing of an investigation and having Paterno being told by a first-hand witness that a child was being raped in his shower. If you guys cannot see the difference in between the two I do not know what to tell you. If it comes out that Boeheim knew a fraction of what Paterno knew then fire away.
  • Author
There is a big difference in JB knowing of an investigation and having Paterno being told by a first-hand witness that a child was being raped in his shower. If you guys cannot see the difference in between the two I do not know what to tell you. If it comes out that Boeheim knew a fraction of what Paterno knew then fire away.

 

If you aren't an eyewitness you aren't an eyewitness, what's the difference in someone telling you they saw something and the police telling you a kid told them your coach raped them? One seems as bad as the other to me on a moral scale. If Joe Pa had seen something with his own eyes I'd agree, but how is hearsay from one person different than hearsay from another?

TV Ratings. The media isn't covering Syracuse nearly as much as they did Penn State, why? No one is watching the story 24/7 the second time around in less than a month. If the media were hammering this like they did Joe Pa more people in the public would be going nuts.

 

It took a few days after the indictments were handed down for the PSU story to become the big national story that it became. If Fine gets indicted it will be a bigger story as well.

 

I think Boeheim will get fired soon and he deserves to be fired. When there is a chance that kids are sex abuse victims you can't come out and vilify the victim. Boeheim is claiming if I read correctly that he never was in a hotel room of Fine's in 30 something years of coaching. That will bite him in the rear at some point.

^Not only that, but think about the potential victims that Boeheim silenced from coming forward with his comments. How he can sleep at night is beyond me. He needs to go and right away. As far as I'm concerned what Boeheim has done is every bit as damaging as Paterno.

I think one big difference is that in JoePa's case, there were some higher ups that already wanted him out. The Sandusky deal gave them a perfect opportunity. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been fired regardless, but they had asked the guy to resign years ago and he declined. I don't think anyone at Syracuse wants to see Boeheim gone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.