Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alright where are the fire Boeheim threads???

Featured Replies

Just thought I'd point this out. I looked back and there were NO "FIRE PATERNO" threads.

 

Maybe I missed one, but through my limited search skills I didn't find any.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that was a parody of obsessed UK fans, because I think we can all agree that it isn't the most important part.

 

As a UK fan, it's definitely not what's most important to me.

I'm curious about ESPN's role in all this. They apparently had the tape recording back in 2003. Where's that been for eight years?

  • Author
Just thought I'd point this out. I looked back and there were NO "FIRE PATERNO" threads.

 

Maybe I missed one, but through my limited search skills I didn't find any.

 

There were two threads of 6 or 7 pages where I would say 80 to 90% of the people involved were calling for Paterno to be fired.

I haven't been on much with Thanksgiving but I wanted JoPa gone and I think if it is clear that Boeheim was aware of the molestation he should be fired as well. JoPa was clearly made aware and it appears with Syracuse that Boeheim was not, which makes it Apples to Oranges IMO.

I'm curious about ESPN's role in all this. They apparently had the tape recording back in 2003. Where's that been for eight years?

 

Now that there is interesting if a fact.

I haven't been on much with Thanksgiving but I wanted JoPa gone and I think if it is clear that Boeheim was aware of the molestation he should be fired as well. JoPa was clearly made aware and it appears with Syracuse that Boeheim was not, which makes it Apples to Oranges IMO.

 

I do not necessarily believe Boeheim was aware anything was going on. It is possible he did, and it wouldn't surprise me, but to date, there's nothing out there that declares that fact definitively. If I have my facts wrong in this case someone can correct me, but didn't I hear or read that Fine was investigated for this and nothing came of it? That being the case, I think it would lend some support in Boeheim's case for being skeptical of the allegations initially, and also would support the idea that he didn't know anything like this was going on. That doesn't mean he should have come out and made the statement that he did.

 

Unless something more comes out that points to Boeheim knowing and looking the other way, I think that's a big difference between he and Paterno.

 

That said, if this investigation continues to gain traction and leads to serious criminal charges, what he said, IMO, will make things very dicey with regards to him keeping his job. I agree with futurecoach in that I don't see him being fired as a foregone conclusion, nor do I think it is as black and white as Joe Pa's case (at this point). But, it is a distinct possibility depending on how things turn out.

 

The bad thing is that he didn't need to say anything.

  • Author
I do not necessarily believe Boeheim was aware anything was going on. It is possible he did, and it wouldn't surprise me, but to date, there's nothing out there that declares that fact definitively. If I have my facts wrong in this case someone can correct me, but didn't I hear or read that Fine was investigated for this and nothing came of it? That being the case, I think it would lend some support in Boeheim's case for being skeptical of the allegations initially, and also would support the idea that he didn't know anything like this was going on. That doesn't mean he should have come out and made the statement that he did.

 

Unless something more comes out that points to Boeheim knowing and looking the other way, I think that's a big difference between he and Paterno.

 

That said, if this investigation continues to gain traction and leads to serious criminal charges, what he said, IMO, will make things very dicey with regards to him keeping his job. I agree with futurecoach in that I don't see him being fired as a foregone conclusion, nor do I think it is as black and white as Joe Pa's case (at this point). But, it is a distinct possibility depending on how things turn out.

 

The bad thing is that he didn't need to say anything.

 

Sandusky was investigated and no charges were filed by the DA, so why is it not ok when Joe Pa was skeptical and only reported it tot he hirer ups?

JB had no problem with Fine bringing boys on some road trips and allowing them to stay in Fine's room. There is no way he did not know they were staying in Fine's room. JB is responsible for the team, so when those boys were brought on road trips HE is responsible. IMO.

Sandusky was investigated and no charges were filed by the DA, so why is it not ok when Joe Pa was skeptical and only reported it tot he hirer ups?

 

Because he was directly told by an assistant coach, and he went and reported to other authorities at Penn State. As far as I know, another assistant never came to Boeheim and told him he saw Fine in the shower raping a young boy.

 

Look, I'm not trying to vindicate Boeheim, nor have I crucified Paterno the way many have. I'm merely stating my opinion that there are some differences in the two cases. If you see it otherwise, that's fine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.