Joker Beats Tennessee

02Ram54

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like in my gut he has another year. We'll see. I felt that way before this game feel that way even more now!

I'm with you. I think Joker was safe regardless of the outcome against Tennessee. That was a great win for UK and the players (especially the seniors), but it doesn't change anything for Joker. Next year is a make or break year, IMO. He cannot oversee a repeat of this season.

Most college team go as the QB goes, some schools can play well with out an experinced QB, (Bama is one, but we have a nice RB). The QB situation is't very good at UK, give them some time and they have a young team but lose a couple of defensive stand outs and UK will be fine.

QB play was not great but it was greatly due to very poor line play and very poor receiver play. It was a total offensive failure and cannot be laid at the QBs feet.

Anybody else hearing the Joker Phillips/Mary Jo Perino affair rumor floating around? I don't believe it one bit but I have heard it at least 3 times here at work today. Driving me nuts.
I'm hearing it, but it's a volleyball player not Mary Jo. Heard he will resign today due to personal reasons because of it. Not sure how much stock I put in it.

Did anyone believe Joker would have been fired had UK lost to Tennessee?

I think the UT win was great for everyone (fans, coaches, players, the program), but I don't think it changed anything with regards to Joker. Win or lose, I believe he'd have been back. And, even with the win, I think he's under some pressure for the 2012 season. He can't come back and have a team as inept offensively as this one was in the 2012 season. If we get a repeat of this season, a win at Tennessee included, I think there's a reasonable chance he'll be gone.