Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?

Featured Replies

Left-hander Mark Downs will be ace at Ryle. Recently signed to pitch for University of Cincinnati next year.

 

Tell me about him. Size? What does he throw?

  • Replies 125
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about him. Size? What does he throw?

 

Tall, thin, nice-throwing motion, throws reasonably hard, good control. Assuming he's picked up a little more on his fastball since last season, which would put him into the "hard thrower" category. He will be very tough to hit, especially with the new bats. Midland was very anxious to have him pitch for them next summer.

In regards to Boone, Ryle, Conner and Cooper. Boone has Teegarden and a solid supporting cast, but rumor is that he will not pitch. Once again, RUMOR! Ryle will be solid as usual. Conner is going to be a question mark due to the loss of Roberts IMO. He seemed to be the fuel for the fire. They still have some very solid players just wonder who or what will keep the fire burning. Cooper lost 3 of the 4 starters from last years pitching staff and 1 reliever. Sophmore, Dunn will be the number 1 and I know there are some very good arms coming up through the system. Boone and Ryle seem to be sitting pretty good. Only time will tell what Conner and Cooper will do.

In regards to Teegarden, I think if any, he will be used in district games.

 

In regards to Boone, Ryle, Conner and Cooper. Boone has Teegarden and a solid supporting cast, but rumor is that he will not pitch. Once again, RUMOR! Ryle will be solid as usual. Conner is going to be a question mark due to the loss of Roberts IMO. He seemed to be the fuel for the fire. They still have some very solid players just wonder who or what will keep the fire burning. Cooper lost 3 of the 4 starters from last years pitching staff and 1 reliever. Sophmore, Dunn will be the number 1 and I know there are some very good arms coming up through the system. Boone and Ryle seem to be sitting pretty good. Only time will tell what Conner and Cooper will do.

I do not know why coach Huff would not use one of the best pitchers (if not the best) in the region. I know Teegarden is a everyday player at short or second and a very good one at that, but I believe he should pitch. Boone should have a very strong pitching staff this year as long as everyone is healthy. I look for Teegarden to pitch, WHY NOT!

Lloyd Memorial should have a pretty good 1-2 pitching combination with Addison Brown (jr) and Brady Asher (sr).

They also have a couple of other quality arms in Codi Krebs (jr) and Tim Rogers (sr).

I do not know why coach Huff would not use one of the best pitchers (if not the best) in the region. I know Teegarden is a everyday player at short or second and a very good one at that, but I believe he should pitch. Boone should have a very strong pitching staff this year as long as everyone is healthy. I look for Teegarden to pitch, WHY NOT!

 

Yea, why not!

I do not know why coach Huff would not use one of the best pitchers (if not the best) in the region. I know Teegarden is a everyday player at short or second and a very good one at that, but I believe he should pitch. Boone should have a very strong pitching staff this year as long as everyone is healthy. I look for Teegarden to pitch, WHY NOT!

 

I am going to have to look at my score-book to see the game Teegarden threw against CovCath last year that CovCath beat him in. If I remember correctly, his support in the field was less than stellar, so maybe that is why the BC coach is thinking of not throwing him...just saying....and no I don't know....

Is it spring yet???

75 days....but who's counting.

I do not know why coach Huff would not use one of the best pitchers (if not the best) in the region. I know Teegarden is a everyday player at short or second and a very good one at that, but I believe he should pitch. Boone should have a very strong pitching staff this year as long as everyone is healthy. I look for Teegarden to pitch, WHY NOT!

 

Just a guess, but he is going to EKU and is (from what I'm told) expected to start as a Freshman at SS or 2nd. I thought he had some "minor" arm soreness/issues over the last year or so, so maybe the coach is thinking of the kid first. Now, he would be one of the top pitchers in NKY this year but I don't know how effective you can be if you just pitch the District or Region games or if it is worth the risk if he has had the arm problems. I think he pitched less last year than his Soph year. Doug is a great kid so whichever way they go I hope he stays healthy and I look forward to following his career at EKU.

  • Author

Teegarden pitched well for the Roosters this summer/fall. I think Barickman and Ganns are two leftys that will surprise some this spring. Eglian, Schwartz, Stanley, are all seniors with experience on the bump. There are some other underclassmen with arms as well for Boone.

Just a guess, but he is going to EKU and is (from what I'm told) expected to start as a Freshman at SS or 2nd. .

 

He hasn't started his senior year of high school and he's already got the EKU job ?

He hasn't started his senior year of high school and he's already got the EKU job ?

 

Do not know what hja1224 has heard but I believe he has to earn the job at EKU just like eveyone else. I agree, let's play this year first next year will take care of its self.

He hasn't started his senior year of high school and he's already got the EKU job ?

 

Guaranteed ..no.. as he still has to perform well this year but lets say I have some other knowledge and that is what EKU is expecting to happen if all goes according to plan. It's not a big deal as all college coaches have a plan of what they would like to happen with their future recruits. Some work out and some don't. I hope it works out for Doug.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.