Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?

Featured Replies

Sorry, I misstated when I said, "the majority of students". In my initial post, I was inferring that I felt there is an advantage from pulling from all boys’ school compared to a public school. It's not to speak negative about CCH, it’s just my opinion!!!

Don't misunderstand. I answered your question when you asked if the "majority" of kids were there for football and baseball.

 

Average class has 125 kids. 45 to 50 come out for frosh football and about 25 to 30 come back for their sophomore year. If your theory was correct there would be a lot of transfers after the freshman year.

 

Why would a parent pay $6k per year for their son to play football or baseball?

  • Replies 125
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I mistated when I said, "the majority of students". In my initial post, I was inferring , that I felt there is an advantage from pulling from an all boys school compared to a public school. How big the advantage? It's not to speak negative about CCH, i's just my opinion!!!

 

Let's be clear. I have no problem with anyone expressing any opinion as long as you're open to people saying it may be based on bad info.

 

IMO the "all boys" angle has no play in your theory.

 

The success of the program does just like it does when Beechwood gets players to come there for football or baseball. People send their kids to Ft Thomas for football occasionally.

 

Success gets kids first and foremost. The fact there are girls or no girls is immaterial.

It seems you are defending something that was not in my post. I never once talked about that's the reason they are successful. I simply stated, there is an advantage from pulling from an all boys schools. Let's agree to disagree!!

Let's be clear. I have no problem with anyone expressing any opinion as long as you're open to people saying it may be based on bad info.

 

IMO the "all boys" angle has no play in your theory.

 

The success of the program does just like it does when Beechwood gets players to come there for football or baseball. People send their kids to Ft Thomas for football occasionally.

 

Success gets kids first and foremost. The fact there are girls or no girls is immaterial.

Edited by truthbtold

It seems you are defending something that was not in my post. I never once talked about that's the reason they are successful. I simply stated, there is an advantage from pulling from an all boys schools. Let's agree to disagree!!

 

I guess I failed to point out that the reason CCH "draws" is not the all-boys aspect. It is the "success" aspect ...just like BW and like Highlands football.

 

You disagree?

I totally agree with you totally! Luckily in baseball the playing field is a little more leveled out. Now, football is a different story. As said before, I think all KY school districts should be open enrollment..

 

QUOTE=Clyde;4244009]I guess I failed to point out that the reason CCH "draws" is not the all-boys aspect. It is the "success" aspect ...just like BW and like Highlands football.

 

You disagree?

Ok, well I guess I'm wrong..No kids come to CCH to play sports there. It's all about the education..

 

Then they go to a BW teacher to get there ACT score up! Go figure.

What about the smith kid from Dayton?

I agree, History. I think Tiberi has the highest ceiling of the 3 mentioned.

Tiberi already recieving interest from UC LOU UK Purdue and only a junior.

Tiberi already recieving interest from UC LOU UK Purdue and only a junior.

 

 

Add Xavier to that list.

Beechwood. Why not? Who picked Connor last year?

Beechwood. Why not? Who picked Connor last year?

 

Few picked CONNER.

I agree few picked them but they did not sneak up on anyone. They had 18 wins heading in to post season and won some close games that went their way in district and region. They will definitely be a contender this season again along with many others.

I agree few picked them but they did not sneak up on anyone. They had 18 wins heading in to post season and won some close games that went their way in district and region. They will definitely be a contender this season again along with many others.

I agree, they had a very nice season. If I recall, they were ranked preseason number 7 or 8. Similar to their likely position this year. Not sure about their hitting they have coming back, but with some experienced pitching and potential from younger guys, they could make another run out of the 33rd.

Don't misunderstand. I answered your question when you asked if the "majority" of kids were there for football and baseball.

 

Average class has 125 kids. 45 to 50 come out for frosh football and about 25 to 30 come back for their sophomore year. If your theory was correct there would be a lot of transfers after the freshman year.

 

Why would a parent pay $6k per year for their son to play football or baseball?

 

Clyde let's be perfectly clear here. While I agree with most of your statements, NOT every stud athlete's parents is paying. Just ask to see the public financial's of any private high school institution in the state. Now that is not saying that EVERY athlete's parents that plays there isn't paying. But it is quite common and fairly public what goes on at "all boys" schools that are producing high quality athletics. Just ask St. X in Cincy or the thousands of them around the nation. Not a big secret.

Clyde let's be perfectly clear here. While I agree with most of your statements, NOT every stud athlete's parents is paying. Just ask to see the public financial's of any private high school institution in the state. Now that is not saying that EVERY athlete's parents that plays there isn't paying. But it is quite common and fairly public what goes on at "all boys" schools that are producing high quality athletics. Just ask St. X in Cincy or the thousands of them around the nation. Not a big secret.

 

Just not worth replying to this claim! Al I can say, if you know of anything going on illegally at CovCath notify the KHSAA!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.