Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?

Featured Replies

61 days
Till when?
  • Replies 125
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Till when?

 

February 15th, I would assume, which is when schools can begin baseball practices.

Baseball is a funny sport. You got 9 guys playing but it only takes 1 pitcher to ruin a teams season in the playoffs. So call CCH underachieving but if you get one hot pitcher at the wrong time, any team can go down.

I had overheard some kids saying that he was going to focus on his studies instead. I don't know Cody, but I have seen him play a half-dozen times, and that is why it didn't make sense to me...........cause that guys a ballplayer.

 

I have to say he will play his senior year. I don't think he would be doing voluntary conditioning just to stay in good shape. JMO

No, the other schools are not throwing girls on the field. If you think there isn't an advantage from pulling from a all boys school you are sadly mistaken..I always wonder why some people get upset when the obvious is stated..

Are the other schools throwing girls on the field?
No, the other schools are not throwing girls on the field. If you think there isn't an advantage from pulling from a all boys school you are sadly mistaken..I always wonder why some people get upset when the obvious is stated..

 

1. Wasn't upset.

2. Why does it matter if there are no girls at the school? Do they distract the boys?

3. How has that advantage worked out for CCH since 2005?

IMO the advantage would be, more players to select from when fielding a team. Where as a public school may have 45 tryout. An all boys school may have 150. If you can't see the advantage in that, then I don't how else to explain it to you. As far as CCH since 2005, I don't know the answer to that question. It's not like they haven't had the talent. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

1. Wasn't upset.

2. Why does it matter if there are no girls at the school? Do they distract the boys?

3. How has that advantage worked out for CCH since 2005?

IMO the advantage would be, more players to select from when fielding a team. Where as a public school may have 45 tryout. An all boys school may have 150. If you can't see the advantage in that, then I don't how else to explain it to you. As far as CCH since 2005, I don't know the answer to that question. It's not like they haven't had the talent. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

 

How big do you think CovCath is?

 

Many of the NKy schools such as Boone, Ryle, Conner, Cooper, Dixie, Simon Kenton, Scott, Campbell County are bigger than CovCath and that is only counting the male population of those schools. CovCath has a total of 502 boys and yes they get a huge turnout of students trying out for the baseball team but that has more to do with kids wanting to play for CovCath because of tradition, winning and the coaches than just the male population of the students!

IMO the advantage would be, more players to select from when fielding a team. Where as a public school may have 45 tryout. An all boys school may have 150. If you can't see the advantage in that, then I don't how else to explain it to you. As far as CCH since 2005, I don't know the answer to that question. It's not like they haven't had the talent. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

 

They only way your argument makes sense is if you believe there is something about an all-boys school that draws baseball players.

 

Otherwise, the math doesn't make sense. Ryle has 700 boys. CCH has less than 500. Why would there be more trying out at CCH than Ryle?

Am I wrong to think the majority of kids who enroll at CCH are there for Football or Baseball?

They only way your argument makes sense is if you believe there is something about an all-boys school that draws baseball players.

 

Otherwise, the math doesn't make sense. Ryle has 700 boys. CCH has less than 500. Why would there be more trying out at CCH than Ryle?

Am I wrong to think the majority of kids who enroll at CCH are there for Football or Baseball?

 

IMO, you could not be more wrong!

Am I wrong to think the majority of kids who enroll at CCH are there for Football or Baseball?

 

100% wrong.

Ok, well I guess I'm wrong..No kids come to CCH to play sports there. It's all about the education..

100% wrong.
Ok, well I guess I'm wrong..No kids come to CCH to play sports there. It's all about the education..

 

Don't misunderstand. I answered your question when you asked if the "majority" of kids were there for football and baseball.

 

Average class has 125 kids. 45 to 50 come out for frosh football and about 25 to 30 come back for their sophomore year. If your theory was correct there would be a lot of transfers after the freshman year.

 

Why would a parent pay $6k per year for their son to play football or baseball?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.