Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?

Featured Replies

IMHO Boone and Holy Cross are the best teams in the region. NCC and Ryle could be a very nice 3 and 4 but I dont see any team beating Holy Cross's hitting and quality arms or beating Boone when Teegarden is on the mound.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO Boone and Holy Cross are the best teams in the region. NCC and Ryle could be a very nice 3 and 4 but I dont see any team beating Holy Cross's hitting and quality arms or beating Boone when Teegarden is on the mound.

 

Can you say CovCath!

 

So you are totally forgetting or are you just wishing/dreaming that CovCath somehow just disappears this season :idunno:.....a team that won the 35th District and made it to the 9th Region Semi-finals and they return their entire starting eight from last years squad and CovCath returns all their top pitchers Severson, Maile, Fagel and Arzen and you don't even give them a shout! :ohbrother:

CCH certainly has to be in the discussion.

 

However, it's time to actually do it instead of talking about it like we have since 2006.

On paper Cov Cath is #1 preseason IMO. They will be very good, top to bottom.

Im tired of hearing about the Cov Cath talk. Until they show me some type of postseason success, I can't give them the credit they may or may not deserve. They are favored each and every year and they continue to come up short when it matters most. I mean, honestly, the heavily favored Colonels lost to Conner last year in the Region Semi's (Conner didn't even take an infield before the game). The Colonels have talent, but lets finally see some results on the field.. As far as players go, I think Teegarden will be player of the year. A sleeper to watch is Hart from Conner (either Blake or Drew, I get them mixed up). Big kid with a nice stroke from the left side of the plate, will need to work hard to an impact for his team when it comes time for the districts/regions.

Im tired of hearing about the Cov Cath talk. Until they show me some type of postseason success, I can't give them the credit they may or may not deserve. They are favored each and every year and they continue to come up short when it matters most. I mean, honestly, the heavily favored Colonels lost to Conner last year in the Region Semi's (Conner didn't even take an infield before the game). The Colonels have talent, but lets finally see some results on the field.. As far as players go, I think Teegarden will be player of the year. A sleeper to watch is Hart from Conner (either Blake or Drew, I get them mixed up). Big kid with a nice stroke from the left side of the plate, will need to work hard to an impact for his team when it comes time for the districts/regions.

Blake is who you are thinking of. He is I believe a sophomore or junior. He is a very big lefty bat in the lineup that if he gets his stroke reminds me of Tanner Norton.

Where does NewCath's Brady Hightchew fit into this conversation??????? You can't count this kid out with the kind of drive he possess.

Where does NewCath's Brady Hightchew fit into this conversation??????? You can't count this kid out with the kind of drive he possess.

 

I can't imagine a stronger outfield arm than Brady's.

Cov Cath sounds like they'll be tough with great depth. Ryle should be solid led by senior SS Leiff Clarkson (Western KY) and senior P Mark Downs (UC). Junior 1B/P Tyler Mason should have a solid year after getting some good varsity playing time the second half of last year. The juniors coming up from JV last year should also make a good contribution. Ryle's JV squad won 26 games last year. That of course does not mean they'll have the best juniors in the region this year. Bigger schools like Ryle have lots of depth and don't often bring up their freshman and sophmores to varsity. The sophmores (and the occasional freshmen) get developed by playing JV full time. Ryle's JV has won 20 games or more 8 of the last 9 years. That hasn't equated into a lot of varsity district and regional success, but here's hoping it does this spring!

Wow, I was thinking the same thing

 

Did you miss that this was a baseball thread?

If I'm correct Boone has pretty much everyone back except for Lauman and a few pitchers. The only spot they have to replace in the lineup will be 1B and from what I am hearing they have a pretty good soph in line for that.

 

IMHO Boone and Holy Cross are the best teams in the region. NCC and Ryle could be a very nice 3 and 4 but I dont see any team beating Holy Cross's hitting and quality arms or beating Boone when Teegarden is on the mound.

Beechwood will be tough with Gohs. They need pitchers like Smith and Brilz to step up.

Blake is who you are thinking of. He is I believe a sophomore or junior. He is a very big lefty bat in the lineup that if he gets his stroke reminds me of Tanner Norton.

 

Unfortunately Blake Hart has real issues when it comes to maturity both on and off the field. Unless he gets a handle on his temper, it will get the best of him. This kind of behavior is embarrassing to his teammates and should not be tolerated by any high school coach regardless of his talents. I hope, for his sake, he is able to get some real help with his behavior/temper issues and mature into a player with ALL the skills needed to proceed to the next level. No college will want a kid who throws tantrums like he has displayed on the field regardless of his baseball skills.

I wouldn't worry about him too much. I've encountered lots of players with this issue and fortunately for most of them, they tend to work it out. He comes from a great family, so I'd say he'll be alright.

Unfortunately Blake Hart has real issues when it comes to maturity both on and off the field. Unless he gets a handle on his temper, it will get the best of him. This kind of behavior is embarrassing to his teammates and should not be tolerated by any high school coach regardless of his talents. I hope, for his sake, he is able to get some real help with his behavior/temper issues and mature into a player with ALL the skills needed to proceed to the next level. No college will want a kid who throws tantrums like he has displayed on the field regardless of his baseball skills.

 

I'm not a fan of posts that go to this level of criticism.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.