Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Sophomores in NKY

Featured Replies

Simon Kenton will have Freshman Noah Robinson who saw some playing time last year. The Sophomore QB for SK Kuntz will also play basketball.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Hatton from Dixie, Verst from Brossart and Schulte from NCC were on my list among some of the others mentioned. What about Rieger from Brassart and Greene from Highlands?

Obviously Hatton from Dixie, Verst from Brossart and Schulte from NCC were on my list among some of the others mentioned. What about Rieger from Brassart and Greene from Highlands?

 

Verst is going to be a really good player for BB this year. Hatton is the class of the NKY soph class IMO. But Verst will be one to watch for sure. HHS has a few quality sophs that will suit up this year and provide quality minutes. They include, True, Hergott, Greene, Hope, Buten, Harris, Houliston to name a few...

I am not familiar with the Cody name. I do know of Jalen Beal but cannot give much info as I haven't watched him play much. Others on here have.

 

Is he playing bb this season? Have heard he may not participate. Guess we will know soon enough.

Is he playing bb this season? Have heard he may not participate. Guess we will know soon enough.

 

I was told he is playing.

How would you guys rank this class in NKY? Obviously Hatton is top dog but I think a kid like Alex Trentman from Brossart has tremendous upside. Also I would mention Mcneil from Walton. Thoughts?

 

I agree, I saw that boy play last year in the Holy Cross tournament for freshman. He had all of the tools, He handled the ball well, rebounded, blocked a couple of shots and had range from the outside. Nice size and looks like he could still mature a bit too.

Verst is going to be a really good player for BB this year. Hatton is the class of the NKY soph class IMO. But Verst will be one to watch for sure. HHS has a few quality sophs that will suit up this year and provide quality minutes. They include, True, Hergott, Greene, Hope, Buten, Harris, Houliston to name a few...

 

That is about it on the soph side at Highlands but its a nice group. Unfortunately all but Buten are footballers so it will take some JV games for them to get their basketball legs. I would expect them to contribute some nice minutes once January comes around. The Birds will be playing very fast and furious this year and there will be a fresh 5 on the floor at all times.

I have hear a lot of good things about Jake Schulte... How tall is he??

 

A good 6'6" and still growing

Hatton peaked 2-3 years ago so some of these other kids will come on quickly. The 2014 is loaded across the state. It may be the best state-wide recruiting class ever by the time it's said and done.

Hatton peaked 2-3 years ago so some of these other kids will come on quickly. The 2014 is loaded across the state. It may be the best state-wide recruiting class ever by the time it's said and done.

 

Peaked how? Size differential/strength differential? I can go with that.

 

Talent? I don't think he peaked 3 or 4 years ago.

True is 6'6 and somewhere between 235 and 240. Definitely a football player.

 

 

 

 

Radcliff is the young man from Cov Cath I was thinking of. True from Highlands should be mentioned too. How big is he now?
Simon Kenton will have Freshman Noah Robinson who saw some playing time last year. The Sophomore QB for SK Kuntz will also play basketball.

 

6'3" Taylor Morrison should also be a standout at SK.

A little surprised nobody has mentioned 6' Keyontae Herndon of Holmes. He dressed varsity last year as a frosh and saw a lot of Jv time. I'd expect him to see some varsity time this year. Kid has unreal athleticism for his size. He is built like Duran Jefferson at the same age but much more explosive and mature. Both he and the Wilson (Jamonte?) kid will combine to be one of the best backcourts in nky for their class.

Sam Dressman who didn't play Freshmen Basketball last year for CovCath as he was moved up to the JV level. I think a lot of people don't realize Sam is just a 10th grader!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.