Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Blue/White game tonight

Featured Replies

I think he has earned it. Miller is becoming the Mike Hartline of the basketball team, nothing is ever good enough to please the fans.

 

Earned it how? If there's a better option available at his position (which there is), why should he start? Because he's a senior? That's just dumb.

 

The football analogy is no good here. Basketball isn't like football where if you don't start, you don't normally play. Either way he's going to play 20+ minutes a game. But to say he's earned a starting spot solely based on the fact that he's a hometown kid (which is the major reason people are saying he should start) and is a senior is just off base.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earned it how? If there's a better option available at his position (which there is), why should he start?

 

Better in some aspects, but from what I know Miller is better than Kidd-Gilchrist in other aspects as well. The two players compliment each other very nicely. I can see Calipari playing matchups and giving them both starts throughout the year depending on who the Cats are playing.

^ Honestly I think the only thing Miller has an edge on MKG is outside shooting.

^ Honestly I think the only thing Miller has an edge on MKG is outside shooting.

 

:thumb:

Do they have anymore scrimmages that will be televised?

 

No scrimmages, but exhibition games:

 

Transylvania - Wednesday, November 2

 

Morehouse College - Monday, November 7

^ Honestly I think the only thing Miller has an edge on MKG is outside shooting.

 

:thumb:

 

Definitely outside shooting and you have to consider his experience. Experience will pay off for Miller at some point during this season. Gilchrist is better at defense and slashing to the hoop, but Miller isn't too far behind, whereas I feel like MKG is quite a bit behind in outside shooting and obviously experience. I think rebounding is probably a wash.

 

And we are saying all that without seeing Gilchrist truly play against a high level of compeition yet. I've been pumped about Gilchrist, don't me wrong. I've said since we signed him that he was going to be my favorite freshman of the group.

Definitely outside shooting and you have to consider his experience. Experience will pay off for Miller at some point during this season. Gilchrist is better at defense and slashing to the hoop, but Miller isn't too far behind, whereas I feel like MKG is quite a bit behind in outside shooting and obviously experience. I think rebounding is probably a wash.

 

And we are saying all that without seeing Gilchrist truly play against a high level of compeition yet. I've been pumped about Gilchrist, don't me wrong. I've said since we signed him that he was going to be my favorite freshman of the group.

 

I would say Miller is a better shooter & ball-handler. That's about it. Gilchrist is incredibly athletic, gets to the hole as well as anyone on the team, and I think we will see that he is a much better rebounder than Miller too.

 

It's definitely a good problem to have. There are seven guys on the roster this year who are very, very talented. You could make a case for starting each of the seven, and as I said before, they'll all get plenty of minutes.

IMO Miller should start because he's better. MKG is certainly right there, but Miller really turned it on at the end of last year.

 

I think its a pretty easy starting line up right now:

Teague

Lamb

Miller

Jones

Davis

 

Gilchrist as 6th man

Wiltjer and Vargas getting minutes as needed

 

The nice thing is that the team is very flexible. Almost everyone can play 2-3 spots.

IMO Miller should start because he's better. MKG is certainly right there, but Miller really turned it on at the end of last year.

 

I think its a pretty easy starting line up right now:

Teague

Lamb

Miller

Jones

Davis

 

Gilchrist as 6th man

Wiltjer and Vargas getting minutes as needed

 

The nice thing is that the team is very flexible. Almost everyone can play 2-3 spots.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamb be the sixth man and Miller being the starting 2 guard. Honestly if Teague does struggle, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see a a starting lineup of Lamb, Miller, Kidd-Gilchrist, Jones, and Davis. Even though there is no true pg there, we still have enough ball handlers to get it up the court.

IMO Miller should start because he's better. MKG is certainly right there, but Miller really turned it on at the end of last year.

 

I think its a pretty easy starting line up right now:

Teague

Lamb

Miller

Jones

Davis

 

Gilchrist as 6th man

Wiltjer and Vargas getting minutes as needed

 

The nice thing is that the team is very flexible. Almost everyone can play 2-3 spots.

 

I agree with just about everything in this post, except I'm going to get pick about your choice of wors. Wiltjer will not be "as needed", I think he will get a pretty substantial amount of minutes. Vargas on the other hand, "as needed" suits him.

I look for Jones to put up some monster numbers this year.

 

As do I.

 

Welcome to BGP! :thumb:

IMO Miller should start because he's better. MKG is certainly right there, but Miller really turned it on at the end of last year.

 

I think its a pretty easy starting line up right now:

Teague

Lamb

Miller

Jones

Davis

 

Gilchrist as 6th man

Wiltjer and Vargas getting minutes as needed

 

The nice thing is that the team is very flexible. Almost everyone can play 2-3 spots.

:thumb:

I look for Jones to put up some monster numbers this year.

 

Yes welcome, I am a big fan.

Earned it how? If there's a better option available at his position (which there is), why should he start? Because he's a senior? That's just dumb.

 

The football analogy is no good here. Basketball isn't like football where if you don't start, you don't normally play. Either way he's going to play 20+ minutes a game. But to say he's earned a starting spot solely based on the fact that he's a hometown kid (which is the major reason people are saying he should start) and is a senior is just off base.

 

What has Gilchrist done to earn it? Don't get me wrong I love MKG, I mean love him but Miller has had a solid career and as of right now has earned the right to start. I guess if someone disagrees with you they are dumb.

 

Let me guess you were one of the smart ones who wanted Newton to start over Hartline.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.