Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Blue/White game tonight

Featured Replies

This team doesn't necessarily need a point guard who can create in my opinion. Running pick and rolls with Davis and Jones is perfect for Miller, all day everyday. Granted I know we need more than that. But I'd rather Miller or Lamb run point for 5-7 minutes of a big game than Polson.

 

I do not believe that Polson is going to be able to create great opportunities for other players in the half court offense. And I hate saying that because I love KY kids, and I love my Cats...but I'm being a realist.

 

 

I think you and HT are reading too much in to what has been said. Polson has improved, and I think he will help contribute to this team, but doubt we see it much during games.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you and HT are reading too much in to what has been said. Polson has improved, and I think he will help contribute to this team, but doubt we see it much during games.

 

If you mean in practice then yes I agree.

^

Looks alot stronger than last seson.

 

He actually can go right this year look out he will be hard for any team to stop!

I think you and HT are reading too much in to what has been said. Polson has improved, and I think he will help contribute to this team, but doubt we see it much during games.

 

Well yeah I think he will make a good practice player. I also think he will be really good at dribbling out the clock like John Hood was his freshman year, but 5-7 minutes a game as was suggested...not happening in my opinion, unless UK is up 30+ at half time.

Well yeah I think he will make a good practice player. I also think he will be really good at dribbling out the clock like John Hood was his freshman year, but 5-7 minutes a game as was suggested...not happening in my opinion, unless UK is up 30+ at half time.

 

I didn't necessary mean to suggest he would get 5-7 minutes, but rather it wouldn't be a team killer if occasionally he was asked to provide those types of minutes. He could not do that last season.

I didn't necessary mean to suggest he would get 5-7 minutes, but rather it wouldn't be a team killer if occasionally he was asked to provide those types of minutes. He could not do that last season.

 

I see what you're saying and maybe I read it wrong. At the end of the day, I don't really see Cal putting Polson on the floor unless he's desperate or its to dribble out the clock.

Jones and Gilchrist looked incredible last night.

 

Cal has a heck of a decision on his starters. I was set on Miller starting until I got a glimpse of Gilchrist last night.

 

Wiltjer has a nice looking stroke. Handles the ball and passes well for a kid his size. As much as Cal has praised his hook shot, I haven't seen him hit one yet.

 

Davis may be as good as advertised. He's an incredible talent.

I went and had a great time. Jones looks like he is going to have a special year. Of the freshman I was most impressed with Kidd-Gilcrest.

 

On Polson I was reading the program and the one thing he wanted the most.....Was for everyone to stop yelling "Shoot".

If Gilchrist is as good as advertised, whether he starts or not, he should get more minutes than Miller, IMO.

Who does or does not start really isn't going to matter much for this team. Those top seven guys are all going to get mega minutes.

 

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Teague, Jones & Davis will start. The other two spots will be battled out among three players: Lamb, Miller & Gilchrist. I personally like Miller as the sixth man, because I like that first guy off the bench to be a very versatile player. Miller is the most versatile player on UK's roster, as far as being able to play numerous positions. He even played some spot center last year.

 

While I recognize this was just a scrimmage, I see the strengths of this team being:

 

* Athleticism...even more so than Wall & company. They're not as physically imposing as the 2009-10 team, but definitely more athletic.

* Speed...every guy who gets minutes, sans Wiltjer, can get up and down the floor. And Wiltjer's no slow poke.

* Attacking the rim...Kyle Macy made a good point in the 2nd half last night...that the bulk of the points were coming on drives/in the paint.

* Length...speaks for itself.

 

The weaknesses I see are:

 

* Interior defense...Jones had his way with Davis last night, which surprised me. UNC's front line is going to be some kind of challenge for these guys.

* Free throw shooting...it's always a problem with Cal's teams.

* Point guard depth...I'm still not sold on Teague, though he's obviously talented. Who's going to back him up?

If Kyle Wiltjer shoots the 3 ball like he did last night, he will see lots of playing time.

I agree it doesn't really matter who starts but Miller is a Senior Leader and needs to start, IMO. The top 7 will all get plenty of minutes.

^Why does he NEED to start? :confused:

 

I think he has earned it. Miller is becoming the Mike Hartline of the basketball team, nothing is ever good enough to please the fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.