Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Blue/White game tonight

Featured Replies

I think it was about the 3rd or 4th trip down the floor and he drove the lane all with his right for a layup. You could tell he put in a ton of work this off season. Now I know why Cal called him the best player in college ball this year. Davis is going to be great and Jones had his way with him which was very impressive.

 

 

I am beginning to think Coach Cal may be right about Jones, he just seems like a beast with game now where as before he was a good sized player with a good game.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the same thing about Polson, could also tell he has put on some muscle. Not sure Polson will get a lot of minutes but he will certainly help out and I'm glad he's on the team. I am just really excited about this teams, seems like every one has improved and I can't wait to see what they can do.

 

I kind of got aggravated with the fans yelling "SHOOT" at Polson. He is clearly above that now, and no longer a walk-on. Glad to see his improvement. Can only help the team.

Question for any one that went tonight, how did Jones right hand looks?

 

Jones looked like an absolute beast which ever way he drove. Him developing his right hand is going to make him such a threat. There were sevearl times he'd drive towards his right, defender would over commit and it would allow him to make a very strong spin move for a lay in with his left. I know the defense will probably be stronger in the season, but just knowing that he now has a few moves like that in his closet, its going to be very good for him and UK basketball. He's going to have a great year. I think playing against some NBA players probably really helped his game and mentality.

 

This team looks like they are going to get out and run.

 

Anthony Davis caught anything thrown to him around the run. He's a special player.

I kind of got aggravated with the fans yelling "SHOOT" at Polson. He is clearly above that now, and no longer a walk-on. Glad to see his improvement. Can only help the team.

 

That bothered me, as well. Polson is a sophomore and has proven that he can actually play point guard. Give him a break.

 

Scream shooooot at the kid who shot a 17-foot jumper from 22-feet.

Kidd Gilcrest is a war daddy...Wiltjer is going to be a nice complimentary player off the bench. DAvis can run like a deer and has great hands.

As GT has stated, the big question mark might be Teague. I like Polson...with all the talent around him, I could see him becoming and Anthony Epps type player for this team if Teague strougles trying to be the man.

I sure hope that Teague doesn't try to do too much. I'm sure he feels a lot of pressure with all of Calipari's great PGs before hime, but he doesn't need to do too much with this team. Hopefully he'll let the game come to him.

 

I'm not sure how I feel about Polson running point for us right now as a back up. I'm more comfortable with Lamb (whose apparently getting some reps in practice) and Miller filling in if need be for quick spells. Too bad Harrow has to sit this year out.

Jones looked like an absolute beast which ever way he drove. Him developing his right hand is going to make him such a threat. There were sevearl times he'd drive towards his right, defender would over commit and it would allow him to make a very strong spin move for a lay in with his left. I know the defense will probably be stronger in the season, but just knowing that he now has a few moves like that in his closet, its going to be very good for him and UK basketball. He's going to have a great year. I think playing against some NBA players probably really helped his game and mentality.

 

This team looks like they are going to get out and run.

 

Anthony Davis caught anything thrown to him around the run. He's a special player.

 

Jones may end up being one of my all time favorites. Love his attitude in the off season and we are both lefty's which means points on the board, love it.

I kind of got aggravated with the fans yelling "SHOOT" at Polson. He is clearly above that now, and no longer a walk-on. Glad to see his improvement. Can only help the team.

 

He never was a walk-on, although some viewed him as such last year. As someone who saw Polson play countless times in high school I can tell you that he can provided quality backup minutes for Kentucky this season. He won't be a star and he won't score a ton of points, but I have no doubt Calipari can get 5-7 minutes from him without a huge loss.

Jones may end up being one of my all time favorites. Love his attitude in the off season and we are both lefty's which means points on the board, love it.

 

He frustrated me at times last year, but yeah I love the attitude I'm seeing. Even on Twitter, I think I read last night, and I'm paraphrasing "I'm just going to let others do my talking". I love it.

If Polson is running the point we are in serious trouble.

I sure hope that Teague doesn't try to do too much. I'm sure he feels a lot of pressure with all of Calipari's great PGs before hime, but he doesn't need to do too much with this team. Hopefully he'll let the game come to him.

 

I'm not sure how I feel about Polson running point for us right now as a back up. I'm more comfortable with Lamb (whose apparently getting some reps in practice) and Miller filling in if need be for quick spells. Too bad Harrow has to sit this year out.

 

I would rather see Polson running point than Miller. Miller won't create much for an offense and can find himself forcing up shots where as Polson could be a true point, not saying we will see either but just saying.

If Polson is running the point we are in serious trouble.

 

Thank you. I hate to talk bad about any UK players...but there is no way he needs to see the floor again North Carolina in December, or most of the SEC games. He should only get time against Transy and other schools like that at the beginning of our schedule. If he winds up making me look totally wrong, I will gladly eat crow. But come on guys.

I would rather see Polson running point than Miller. Miller won't create much for an offense and can find himself forcing up shots where as Polson could be a true point, not saying we will see either but just saying.

 

This team doesn't necessarily need a point guard who can create in my opinion. Running pick and rolls with Davis and Jones is perfect for Miller, all day everyday. Granted I know we need more than that. But I'd rather Miller or Lamb run point for 5-7 minutes of a big game than Polson.

 

I do not believe that Polson is going to be able to create great opportunities for other players in the half court offense. And I hate saying that because I love KY kids, and I love my Cats...but I'm being a realist.

He frustrated me at times last year, but yeah I love the attitude I'm seeing. Even on Twitter, I think I read last night, and I'm paraphrasing "I'm just going to let others do my talking". I love it.

 

Agreed, I follow about 5 twitter feeds, he is one and that's what I was basing my comment on as well. He is motivated.

If Polson is running the point we are in serious trouble.

 

He could give quality minutes but doubt he will ever need to.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.