Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders

Featured Replies

Man even if he never "retired" or asked to be traded, but yet Mike Brown still decided to trade him. People still would have booed him big time when he came here. Don't use that he quit stuff as for the reason why people will boo him. He is right people would have booed just because they only remember one thing. They will look at the last year he played here in "his bad year" and only really bad year record wise with the team and only remember that. Instead of remembering he was the one that helped get us out of the horrible 90 and early 2000's and brought excitement to this city that led to 90 something straight sell outs. Led us to two division titles, and sweeping the AFC North last year. So yes it would be ignorant to boo him, which people still would have done even if he didn't quit and you know they would have still.

 

There will be some who will boo just because he quit, however the majority would have booed anyways.

 

Some would have maybe but that's just because "those people" boo everything. I enjoyed a few very good and fun years with Carson here, but he ruined that with that he did this off season.

  • Replies 250
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stated on the radio today that Carson Palmer will start this Sunday against KC

 

Fantasy owners everywhere are rushing to the computers hoping to score KC's defense for this week....

I believe the right thing to do would have gone to Brown and Lewis and say, you know what, we just got rid of two big issues on this team. We have drafted a top flight reciever, we got rid of our crappy O coordinator, the O line is shaping into a decent unit, how bout we do everything we can to become successful. I signed a long contract obligating me to be the QB. I want to do everything that I can to live up to the moniker of Franchise Quarterback, and earn every penny of that 118 mil you're paying me

 

Honestly I kinda agree with what you just said here. That is what does not make sense to me. The team probably was set up perfectly for him now, having a new OC, new young talented receivers and TE. Not to mention after the last game last year, he told Simpson to get ready that he and him were going to tear it up next year. So what happened from the last game of the year, to two weeks later when he asked to be traded? The situation had become good here.

 

Did he have a problem with Marvin which he will never admit? Maybe he believed Marvin definitely would be gone. It wasn't until after Marvin was resigned that he asked for the trade. Was it maybe family, and his wife and kids wanting to be back on the west coast. Obviously he wanted to keep playing football or he would have just stayed retired. So what happened after this year to make him now decide to want to be gone, because the situation here was not going to be that bad. That is something I wonder about, and something we probably will never know. Since he probably will never reveal the real reason, and will just keep saying it was a time for a change for both parties.

Some would have maybe but that's just because "those people" boo everything. I enjoyed a few very good and fun years with Carson here, but he ruined that with that he did this off season.

 

Which I understand, and you would be one of the few who would just boo for that reason if he happend to be there.

 

I know I am very disappointed about him doing that, because I think with the way the team was shaped this year. He would have had a chance to get his career turned around, and could have done good things here again this year. I am happy with Dalton and think he will be great. I am happy they traded him, my just biggest thing comes when people act like he was terrible. He had one bad year here, and that bad year was not really bad it ended up being what would have been considered average for most. It was also the only year when he started most of the games, that their record was really bad.

 

What really sucks is this argument will keep going on. When Palmer most likely struggles this first game this week. People will say told you he sucks, then when he has a good game it will be the other way around.

Which I understand, and you would be one of the few who would just boo for that reason if he happend to be there.

 

I know I am very disappointed about him doing that, because I think with the way the team was shaped this year. He would have had a chance to get his career turned around, and could have done good things here again this year. I am happy with Dalton and think he will be great. I am happy they traded him, my just biggest thing comes when people act like he was terrible. He had one bad year here, and that bad year was not really bad it ended up being what would have been considered average for most. It was also the only year when he started most of the games, that their record was really bad.

 

What really sucks is this argument will keep going on. When Palmer most likely struggles this first game this week. People will say told you he sucks, then when he has a good game it will be the other way around.

 

How do you know what I would do? I wouldn't boo him at all if he just got traded or left at the end of a contact. I think the only person I have ever booed was Chad. He's a clown and deserved it.

 

What really sucks is this argument will keep going on. When Palmer most likely struggles this first game this week. People will say told you he sucks, then when he has a good game it will be the other way around

 

I have a feeling he will do pretty good with Oakland.

Which I understand, and you would be one of the few who would just boo for that reason if he happend to be there.

 

I know I am very disappointed about him doing that, because I think with the way the team was shaped this year. He would have had a chance to get his career turned around, and could have done good things here again this year. I am happy with Dalton and think he will be great. I am happy they traded him, my just biggest thing comes when people act like he was terrible. He had one bad year here, and that bad year was not really bad it ended up being what would have been considered average for most. It was also the only year when he started most of the games, that their record was really bad.

 

What really sucks is this argument will keep going on. When Palmer most likely struggles this first game this week. People will say told you he sucks, then when he has a good game it will be the other way around.

 

This is what makes this trade cool. No more speculation. We will know. Judging him on his 1st game wouldn't be fair. However after that is a bye. Now all bets are off. Here's the starting point, Oakland is 4-2 and in a great spot to contend for a playoff spot. This being achieved with Jason Campbell, who I would guess would be not as good a QB as Carson in his fans eyes. Oh and I think Mcfadden had missed some time also. So it should be fair to say that the fate of this team rests on the shoulders of one Carson Palmer. Should be fun

How do you know what I would do? I wouldn't boo him at all if he just got traded or left at the end of a contact. I think the only person I have ever booed was Chad. He's a clown and deserved it.

 

 

 

I have a feeling he will do pretty good with Oakland.

 

I was saying I would understand if you booed then, because you would be booing for the reason that he quit on the team if you booed. That is what I was trying to say.

 

I think he will do pretty good with Oakland too. I just wonder how long it will take. This will be the first new offense he has had to learn, and has all new players. Will he get it in time to keep them alive for the playoffs. Or will it be something where we have to wait until next year to truly see how he does.

I was saying I would understand if you booed then, because you would be booing for the reason that he quit on the team if you booed. That is what I was trying to say.

I think he will do pretty good with Oakland too. I just wonder how long it will take. This will be the first new offense he has had to learn, and has all new players. Will he get it in time to keep them alive for the playoffs. Or will it be something where we have to wait until next year to truly see how he does.

 

:thumb:

[/b]

 

This is what makes this trade cool. No more speculation. We will know. Judging him on his 1st game wouldn't be fair. However after that is a bye. Now all bets are off. Here's the starting point, Oakland is 4-2 and in a great spot to contend for a playoff spot. This being achieved with Jason Campbell, who I would guess would be not as good a QB as Carson in his fans eyes. Oh and I think Mcfadden had missed some time also. So it should be fair to say that the fate of this team rests on the shoulders of one Carson Palmer. Should be fun

 

Eh yes and no. Remember Peyton Manning even looked normal after missing a whole training camp before and coming right in to start. It wasn't until about week 5 or 6 that year until Manning really got going. I do think each week we should at least see him getting better. However the true evaluation of him, won't come until next season IMO.

Why did Palmer drop from a top ten or lower QB to average? Knee injury limiting his mobility? I don't think he was ever that mobile in the first place. Arm problems? The offensive scheme? The loss of Steinback, then Anderson? The drama on the team?

I believe the right thing to do would have gone to Brown and Lewis and say, you know what, we just got rid of two big issues on this team. We have drafted a top flight reciever, we got rid of our crappy O coordinator, the O line is shaping into a decent unit, how bout we do everything we can to become successful. I signed a long contract obligating me to be the QB. I want to do everything that I can to live up to the moniker of Franchise Quarterback, and earn every penny of that 118 mil you're paying me

 

What if that was basically what he said before signing the extension? What if he was told they would do more to join the rest of the league in this decade/century? What if he was told an indoor facility was being thought about, but they still had to take busses to a soccer facility a couple years ago when they made the playoffs and it became public that they still wouldn't talk to UC about splitting the cost of building one?

 

A lot of people are making assumptions that CP never brought anything to Mike's attention before last year. We know Marvin has on numerous occasions talked about this stuff and Brown's response was "we'll look into it".

Why did Palmer drop from a top ten or lower QB to average? Knee injury limiting his mobility? I don't think he was ever that mobile in the first place. Arm problems? The offensive scheme? The loss of Steinback, then Anderson? The drama on the team?

 

I think both his injuries have had lingering effects on his abilities. While he wasn't a mobile quarterback, I think his knee injury caused him to have some trepidation as far as holding onto the ball in the pocket or leaving his knee exposed when putting his body into a throw. Coupling that with the elbow injury, he never seemed to have the zip on his passes or downfield accuracy he had prior to all that and seemed to rely on quicker, shorter passes. On top of that, Bratkowski's play calling gave Palmer limited options and didn't really play to his strengths, particularly when a lot of routes were tough throws like 10 and 15 yard outs. The playcalling didn't really make defenses work too hard or spread them out much so Palmer often had the choice of forcing passes, throwing balls away, or taking sacks. I think during the last couple of years it was hard to tell whether Palmer's lackluster play was the result of being forced to work with very little in terms of his receivers and playcalling or whether he lacked the confidence and physical abilities he once had after his injuries. Or both. I guess we'll see as the rest of the season unfolds.

[/b]

 

This is what makes this trade cool. No more speculation. We will know. Judging him on his 1st game wouldn't be fair. However after that is a bye. Now all bets are off. Here's the starting point, Oakland is 4-2 and in a great spot to contend for a playoff spot. This being achieved with Jason Campbell, who I would guess would be not as good a QB as Carson in his fans eyes. Oh and I think Mcfadden had missed some time also. So it should be fair to say that the fate of this team rests on the shoulders of one Carson Palmer. Should be fun

 

McFaadden has a miminum of 14 carries in a game and has played in all 6 games this year. The 14 came against NE where they were never in the lead.

 

CP and his supporters (me included) are out of excuses after the bye week. He wanted out to prove it was the Bengals fault. Put up or shut up time. Although with him it's shut up again time b/c he never publically explained his reason to walk away.

You didn't hear much about Brats play calling in 2005 and 2006. It's easy to place the blame on other people. At some point you have to realize a lot of it was Carson.

Eh yes and no. Remember Peyton Manning even looked normal after missing a whole training camp before and coming right in to start. It wasn't until about week 5 or 6 that year until Manning really got going. I do think each week we should at least see him getting better. However the true evaluation of him, won't come until next season IMO.

 

The Raiders did not bet the ranch on Palmer for next season

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.