Elder loses at " the pit " again. (Highlands/Elder Predictions)

Who Wins this game?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins this game?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pulling for HHS 100%, but I have a strange feeling that Elder will take this one, giving Ohio HS fans reason to gloat that an OH team on a "down" year can still beat a KY team on its "up" year. But I hope HHS wins big and puts any of that talk to rest.

I'm not so sure Elder is on a "down" year. People have said that Elder's schedule is brutal this year , having played many teams in the USA Today Super 25 at one time or another. I would say due to the tough schedule that this is an average Elder team with an above average schedule.

I'm also not sure that this is an "up" year for Highlands . With the relatively weak schedule and the starters only playing in about half of those games , I'm not sure how to guage this years team. The Cov-Cath game showed some weaknesses of Highlands that needed to be worked on. This is a very good Highlands team , no doubt about it , but if you compare this team to other HHS teams in the recent past , I would say this is also an average Highlands team.

This should be a great high shool football game , with big time bragging rights on the line. I hope Elder doesn't come out "flat" , like Cincy X did in 09. :rolleyes:

^ Unless Trinity is playing NCAA D-1 caliber ball, I'd say the 56-7 thumping Elder took shows that Elder is down... It was their worst home loss ever.

Trinity is not playing NCAA-D-1 caliber ball , but they ARE very close to being the #1 team in the country. With that said , the 56-7 thumping at Elder was no big surprize ,was it ?

One thing that we can agree on is "GO BIRDS " .

Highlands invades the most celebrated high school football stadium in Greater Cincinnati against a team rich in tradition with the largest and most loyal fan base as well. Highlands' biggest win across the river was over Trotwood Madison and their most recent was over Withrow (two in a row). Playing in Ohio vs Elder, Moeller and Colerain however, has been tough going for some quite talented HHS teams. The parallels between this Elder squad and the fine CovCath team are evident. HHS has the opportunity to implement defensive adjustments necessary to slow down a relentless grind-it-out ground attack. Expect a margin of victory greater than one TD by The Team From Kentucky.

Under the circumstances does anyone really think this will be a sellout? Sure its a big game and another huge program win opportunity for Highlands and Dale but not sure the Elder faithful really want to come see the boys get beat down again in the Pit especially with it coming from a NKY team.

I think one can throw the Elder has nothing to lose and Highlands has everything to gain out the window and maybe, just maybe, the saying should go the other way around here despite the records and implications.

By GCL standards Elder is bad this yr, by KY standards Highlands is very good again, but remeber Birds they are still Elder and their schedule is tougher then probably 75% of the rest of USA yr in and yr out. But also remember this is Highlands and they know how to win and numbers say they win something like 91% of the time over the history of the program.

I think the pressure is on both teams, Highlands better win because the Birds will be measured by what T did to them and certainly want to keep the record perfect. For Elder, well they are feeling the heat and will play their State Championship game against the Birds in an effort to not be embarassed again at the Pit.

The Westsiders will always remember this bad season and will right the ship, but if they beat the Birds they will also remind everyone of that.

Prime example Birds, I traveled to Champaign this past weekend to watch the ILLINI stay undefeated and beat a very vulnerable Ohio St team with a record of 2 and 4. Everyone kept saying all yr, this is the yr if you are ever going to beat em and they were right, they were vulnerable and yes they were beatable. Well, we all know what happened, OSU played with alot of pride Sat despite their issues and pulled off the win. Just sayn................

Hang on folks, this is going to be a dandy. Throw the records out the window. The pride will be flowing Friday nite in the Pit from both teams.

Edited by Sweeperboy

Elder is not bad...This will be a very close game imo..I think the Birds win because Elder will not be able to stop their offense..On the other hand will HHS be able to stop Elder from pounding the ball down their throats.

This may be the week to try out a four man front. Gotta do something to keep the linemen off of the linebackers.