Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tebow replaces Orton in 2nd Half

Featured Replies

Some people on here are against anyone who shows their faith.

 

And some root for anyone who DOES show faith...He boasts his purity, and is openly religious, and people love him regardless of his performance on the field.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for record I like Tebow, I just don't think he is that good and I don't think he will ever be a very good NFL QB. None of that has anything to do with his faith. I don't really care about any of that.

How can you not like Tebow, so he is outspoken on religion, at least he is not in night clubs with guns, and drugs, and stripper, or getting dui's I am all for this kid, If I had a son I would tell him to watch Tebow he competes hard!

 

Ya but those other guys make every one feel better about themselves. :lol:

I've long been a guy that thinks Tebow can win in the NFL. He knows how to win. I think his style off the field will eventually rub people in the locker room a little bit of the wrong way but I think a team can and will win with him at QB.

It's the same as the hatred for Peyton Manning. Not arrogant guys but The Mothership promotes them well and people dislike them. Makes no sense as both seem like good guys who work extremely hard at their craft. I dislike many teams but respect the heck out of some of the players that seemingly do it the right way.

 

Pujols, Brady...etc.

I've long been a guy that thinks Tebow can win in the NFL. He knows how to win. I think his style off the field will eventually rub people in the locker room a little bit of the wrong way but I think a team can and will win with him at QB.

 

Me too. Talent goes a long way to be successful in the NFL or any other professional sport for that matter. Another factor that many forget about is leadership quality, which I believe Tebow has all of the tools for.

Religion or not, I believe that Tebow will be a better quarterback than Orton and will eventually be a very good quarterback. Regardless of talent, I would far rather have a player with moral reasoning as opposed to several others. If you want to get on the religion kick, what about Peyton Hillis, Kurt Warner, and others that are religious? I don't recall hearing them getting bashed for their religious values as Tebow has been.

 

For one thing, neither of them had the high-profile college career that Tebow had. And while both have been outspoken about their faith — same way Jon Kitna is — to some of us it has always seemed a bit fake on Tebow's part (again, this might be because of how he's always courted the spotlight with it, and for many people that's a turnoff).

 

The other factor is that there are lots of people who think Tebow is better than what he really is because of his faith — i.e., they want so badly for him to succeed because of his faith that it clouds their ability to accurately assess his football ability.

  • Author
For one thing, neither of them had the high-profile college career that Tebow had. And while both have been outspoken about their faith — same way Jon Kitna is — to some of us it has always seemed a bit fake on Tebow's part (again, this might be because of how he's always courted the spotlight with it, and for many people that's a turnoff).

 

The other factor is that there are lots of people who think Tebow is better than what he really is because of his faith — i.e., they want so badly for him to succeed because of his faith that it clouds their ability to accurately assess his football ability.

 

Those of you who it "seemed a bit fake" to are usually just upset that you've not been able to find anything to bring him down. Your upset because he hasn't been caught doing drugs or at a strip club. At least that's usually how it comes across to me.

It's the same as the hatred for Peyton Manning. Not arrogant guys but The Mothership promotes them well and people dislike them. Makes no sense as both seem like good guys who work extremely hard at their craft. I dislike many teams but respect the heck out of some of the players that seemingly do it the right way.

 

Pujols, Brady...etc.

 

As far as Manning goes, my dislike for him goes back to the UT days. Now, I find him easy to loathe because of the way he's always willing to throw his teammates in front of the bus.

Those of you who it "seemed a bit fake" to are usually just upset that you've not been able to find anything to bring him down. Your upset because he hasn't been caught doing drugs or at a strip club. At least that's usually how it comes across to me.

 

:thumb: I'm a huge Tebow fan, but it has nothing to do with his faith. I just like the way he plays and his attitude.

Those of you who it "seemed a bit fake" to are usually just upset that you've not been able to find anything to bring him down. Your upset because he hasn't been caught doing drugs or at a strip club. At least that's usually how it comes across to me.

 

No, not really. I find his particular brand of faith to be distasteful — doing mission work the devoutly Catholic Phillipines, for example — and I'm just naturally predisposed to animosity toward those who are so "in-your-face" with their faith, since it completely flies in the face of how I was raised.

 

I won't lie and say there isn't a bit of schadenfreude in me in that I think the irony would be rich if he were to get busted with weed or hookers. To say I'm upset that he hasn't been would be a stretch, though.

No, not really. I find his particular brand of faith to be distasteful — doing mission work the devoutly Catholic Phillipines, for example — and I'm just naturally predisposed to animosity toward those who are so "in-your-face" with their faith, since it completely flies in the face of how I was raised.

 

I won't lie and say there isn't a bit of schadenfreude in me in that I think the irony would be rich if he were to get busted with weed or hookers. To say I'm upset that he hasn't been would be a stretch, though.

These are my feelings exactly.
No, not really. I find his particular brand of faith to be distasteful — doing mission work the devoutly Catholic Phillipines, for example — and I'm just naturally predisposed to animosity toward those who are so "in-your-face" with their faith, since it completely flies in the face of how I was raised.

 

I won't lie and say there isn't a bit of schadenfreude in me in that I think the irony would be rich if he were to get busted with weed or hookers. To say I'm upset that he hasn't been would be a stretch, though.

 

See I don't feel Tebow is "in-your-face" with his faith at all. The media constantly brings it up and asks him questions about it, and he simply answers. I think those who can't find anything else to hate on him for, go after his faith.

 

As for the bolded, rooting for ill will to befall someone is just disgusting.

See I don't feel Tebow is "in-your-face" with his faith at all. The media constantly brings it up and asks him questions about it, and he simply answers. I think those who can't find anything else to hate on him for, go after his faith.

 

As for the bolded, rooting for ill will to befall someone is just disgusting.

A lot of people would argue that rooting for someone to find hookers and weed, would in fact be rooting for something good to happen to them. :D

 

I find him to be VERY "in-your-face" about his faith for what's it worth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.