South Carolina 54 Kentucky 3

swamprat

At the SEC level and Big 10 level for that matter. He is an O-coordinator, not a head coach. I wouldn't mind seeing him here here as an OC but no way as HC.

I don't believe that. He was successful at every stop before Michigan, and I don't believe his failure there was due to coaching. The man can coach IMO.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I place a lot of blame on this JOKE of a coaching staff. The playcalling was embarrassing. 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory down 17 early and they call a WR pass.with Newton on a wheel route. Makes zero sense. If youre going to have inferior talent, at least call plays that make sense.

Did anyone honestly expect anything else? This bteam is an embarrassment to U.K. Football. Just think about that statement for a minute and how bad that really is.

U.K. wins this week..........maybe. A four win season imo will not happen.

But didn't those new uni's help??? :lol:

We had 8 completed passes, 4 to UK players and 4 to SC players

We had 6 first downs and 6 total turnovers

We were outgained 639-96.

Our total yards (96) was only 5 more than SC's # of offensive plays (91)

You can't even hold teams to that in video games.

I don't see it that way. I think he would be winning at Michigan this year had he been kept. The man can recruit and can score points. He killed his chances at Michigan by not hiring a good defensive staff, taking alot of risky guys that ended up off the team at Michigan (biggest problem with last years defense IMO), plus the compliance issue with too much practice.

Are those the type of players you're talking about when you say he will succeed when he gets "his guys" in there? Hiring a good staff, recruiting players that are eligible and following the rules are part of being a good coach. What makes you think he wouldn't make those same mistakes at UK? No thanks.

Everyone, myself included are being too critical of this team!

Other than these insignificant facts ....... U.K. has no one that is SEC caliber talent, even less depth, can't run, pass, defend the run, defennd the pass, play or defend special teams.

^ Considering all of the facts abov the Cats are pretty dang good!

Summary: you can't make chicken salad ou of chicken (Cat) crap.

Are those the type of players you're talking about when you say he will succeed when he gets "his guys" in there? Hiring a good staff, recruiting players that are eligible and following the rules are part of being a good coach. What makes you think he wouldn't make those same mistakes at UK? No thanks.

I don't think the pressure is as big at UK as it is at Michigan, which is pretty obvious. Getting to bowl games would give RR time, he wouldn't have to take as many risks.

Everyone, myself included are being too critical of this team!

Other than these insignificant facts ....... U.K. has no one that is SEC caliber talent, even less depth, can't run, pass, defend the run, defennd the pass, play or defend special teams.

^ Considering all of the facts abov the Cats are pretty dang good!

Summary: you can't make chicken salad ou of chicken (Cat) crap.

You don't think Josh Clemmons and Danny Trevathan are SEC caliber talent? If that is the case, you do not know football.