South Carolina 54 Kentucky 3

swamprat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Joker is no longer the recruiting coordinator as he was under Brooks, maybe that's where the problem lies in getting the kids here. Maybe UK needs a better recruiting coordinator since UK isn't getting the same quality of players here that they did when Joker was the recruiting coordiantor.

Since Joker is no longer the recruiting coordinator as he was under Brooks, maybe that's where the problem lies in getting the kids here. Maybe UK needs a better recruiting coordinator since UK isn't getting the same quality of players here that they did when Joker was the recruiting coordiantor.
I think they are getting some good kids. Joker let his coaches go and replaced them with recruiters as coaches. These kids aren't as terrible as they are looking. The recruiters can't coach like the previous coaches could.

The junior and senior classes, as well as the redshirt sophomores were signed when Joker was in charge of recruiting.

UK will struggle unless they can get several SEC type athletes from the state each year, because they are mainly getting leftovers from the other SEC teams in their home states. If you look at the recruiting rankings every year, there are 8-9 from the SEC in the top 20 every year.

Recruiting cordinator doesn't the decisions on who gets offers.

My biggest thing is Joker has been "Coach In Waiting" for a couple of years. The idea behind that was to make sure there wasn't a drop in play. Goal was for Joker to take the next step. Looks to be sliding backwards.

Brooks had Lorenzen at quarterback for his senior year along with Derek Abney and Glenn Holt at receivers and Arliss Beach in the backfield. UK has nothing close to that this year. Let's not act like the cupboard was bare when Brooks took over. There was enough there to play Arkansas to multiple overtimes, play Alabama to within 10 points and Tennessee to within 13 points. Brooks went from 4-8 to 2-9 before turning it around.

He did inherit some outgoing talent. But, due to the turmoil and penalties, there was nothing in the pipeline to replace the guys you mentioned. That was what he inherited. Joker inherited a similar situation it seems with nobody to replace Cobb, Hartline and Locke. The difference is that he was heavily involved in the team and recruiting the guys who were supposed to replace them.

To me, that's a significant difference.

The worst decision that Joker has made was not allowing Moss to play in the 2nd half of the bowl game. I believe that would have kept the kid here and therefore caused more competition at the QB position. I am not saying he would be the answer, but Newton is getting worse and losing all of his confidence.

The worst decision that Joker has made was not allowing Moss to play in the 2nd half of the bowl game. I believe that would have kept the kid here and therefore caused more competition at the QB position. I am not saying he would be the answer, but Newton is getting worse and losing all of his confidence.

We've seen how bad Max Smith has looked this year, and Joker has put him in the game. How bad was Mossakowski if Joker wouldn't even put him in?

People are focusing WAY too much on the QB/Newton. He is FAR from the only issue with this team. Newton would be serviceable if anyone around him was any good.