Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/Bellevue Predictions

Who will win this game? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bellevue doesn't accept kids from outside of Bellevue?

 

How many stud athletes are drawn to Bellevue from out of District? They are too busy losing the studs to NCC.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood will celebrate early and often! :dancingpa

Unfortunately, for the fellow true Class A schools, Bellevue has no chance! This is a thought I would like to purpose: All of Beechwood's sports programs are moving up in Class, except the Mighty, Mighty Football team. Every sport, every one except the Footballl team. I mean it is a tough choice I guess. Do they continue to dominate the local scene and not get challenged or do they move up and always finish 2nd to NCC. There might be a one time every five years that they might beat NCC. Just want some thoughts or opinions. Would honestly like to hear from the Beechwood people.

 

Always finish 2nd to NCC. I guess you must live under a rock because if you follow NKY football you would know Beechwood beat NCC last year. Your comment about Beechwood beating NCC once every 5 years is a joke and shows that you know nothing about NKY football. That game is a tossup every year.

The difference is what happens from 2nd week in December to 3rd week in August!

 

Very very poor argument. Your argument makes it seem like the only reason why Beechwood is better than the likes of Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow is because of a better run football program and coaches. This could not be further from the truth at all.

 

I wish we could do some kind of study on this. You could take all the current Beechwood coaches and even administration and switch them with one of the other schools for about ten to fifteen years or even 20 years. This would not be possible, but somehow make the switch without anyone ever knowing a switch took place so no kids follow them to the other school. Then we see how the administration and coaches that use to be at Beechwood do at one of those schools. I seriously doubt you see them do much better than what the guys at those schools already do. However I bet we see the people who went to Beechwood, do pretty well up there even though they didn't do as great when at one of the other schools.

 

I don't wan't to take anything away from them, because I know up at Beechwood they work their butts off and have good coaches and a great school system. However that drives me nuts when people act like that is the main reason why they do so much better than say these other schools in the district. There is more to it, specifically stuff that they have to deal with and work with at the other schools compared to what they have at Beechwood. Once again this was not a shot at Beechwood at all, just more defending the other schools. I know Beechwood has great sport programs, acedmics, and is a great place to raise a family. I would not be against moving into that area one day myself.:thumb:

Even when I lived in Michigan the top high school programs had very strong youth league programs. The kids are together for years and learn the plays and the system early on. I know Beechwood has a strong youth program. Not knowing yet what else is out there, what are the Bellevue, Ludlow and Dayton youth programs like?

Currently #30 smallest according to the KHSAA alignment data. Keep in mind in the old 4 class system they would be near the middle of approximately 54 teams.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/20112014/2011-2014%20School%20Listing.pdf

 

Also, with these numbers it shows that Beechwood is the third biggest 1A school behind Mayfield and Allen Central. With the cut off for 2A being 200 boys. Beechwood has 196.5, Mayfield and Allen Central both at 199.

Even when I lived in Michigan the top high school programs had very strong youth league programs. The kids are together for years and learn the plays and the system early on. I know Beechwood has a strong youth program. Not knowing yet what else is out there, what are the Bellevue, Ludlow and Dayton youth programs like?

 

Their youth program structure is the same as the one that has fed kids to Beechwood - the NKYFL. All those small schools have had their own youth teams in the league for as long as the Spartans have. To that point in general, I would guess at least half the players on Beechwood's team didn't play for the Spartans. Youth football's biggest value at the young ages is getting kids interested and playing. Hopefully they have fun and stick with it. There isn't any magic or learning happening in youth football before 6th grade that makes you a better football player when you get older.

Also, with these numbers it shows that Beechwood is the third biggest 1A school behind Mayfield and Allen Central. With the cut off for 2A being 200 boys. Beechwood has 196.5, Mayfield and Allen Central both at 199.

 

If Beechwood were allowed by the KHSAA to play up in 2A, how do you think they would do? Would they compete and maybe even win state championships?

How many stud athletes are drawn to Bellevue from out of District? They are too busy losing the studs to NCC.

 

Among others. I don't know of any great athlete in the last 15 years that lived out of Bellevue's district but requested to go there. Tough deal for them, Dayton, and Ludlow.

If Beechwood were allowed by the KHSAA to play up in 2A, how do you think they would do? Would they compete and maybe even win state championships?

 

They would be right in the thick of it, just as Mayfield would be.

I know of one great running back who helped Bellevue defeat Beechwood :irked: that did not live in Bellevue and in fact I believe he went to a juco somewhere in the midwest???

I know of one great running back who helped Bellevue defeat Beechwood :irked: that did not live in Bellevue and in fact I believe he went to a juco somewhere in the midwest???

 

One guy? For all the numerous beechwood players who come from out of district you come up with one guy from Bellevue?

Even when I lived in Michigan the top high school programs had very strong youth league programs. The kids are together for years and learn the plays and the system early on. I know Beechwood has a strong youth program. Not knowing yet what else is out there, what are the Bellevue, Ludlow and Dayton youth programs like?

 

Nothing near what Beechwood has. Dayton had only twelve or thirteen boys come to sign-ups for their senior youth league team; some of them ended up going to Bellevue and Newport, which both teams allowed due to the situation.

How many stud athletes are drawn to Bellevue from out of District? They are too busy losing the studs to NCC.

 

If there is nothing to draw outsiders to Bellevue who do we blame for that?

I know of one great running back who helped Bellevue defeat Beechwood :irked: that did not live in Bellevue and in fact I believe he went to a juco somewhere in the midwest???

 

What was that kid's name? I was at the game on the sidelines. Fun night of football.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.