Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/Bellevue Predictions

Who will win this game? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Just like the many others from a "true 1A school", I would like to see Bellevue win this game. In order to do so, I think Bellevue needs to control the clock and be smart on both sides of the ball. Good Luck Bellevue!!

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea why is Bellevue even mentioned in the same sentence as Beechwood. :ohbrother:

 

They don't have the luxuries that Beechwood and Highlands has as far as attracting talent .

 

Bellevue doesn't accept kids from outside of Bellevue?

Beechwood 83 (kicker sprains his knee on 11th extra point and BW misses the 12th with Freshman kicker)

B'vue 0

Do they continue to dominate the local scene and not get challenged or do they move up and always finish 2nd to NCC. There might be a one time every five years that they might beat NCC. Just want some thoughts or opinions. Would honestly like to hear from the Beechwood people.

 

I'm not a Bwoodian but just from browsing scores over the years I bet Bw has a winning record over NCC durning the last 20 years. Bw in 2A district for NCC would likely mean less success in the playoffs for NCC including last year where had they been AA NCC would have had to taken to the road.

I like ruffling feathers. There was a proposed True Class A division. It was proposed as the Bottom 16 or 32. It was the schools with the lowest enrollment in the state. beechwood has a great program, as well as NCC, and Highlands. I just think it would be more competitive if the small (poverty schools could compete with each other. For example, a district of Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, abd Bracken makes much sense. Beechwood has such an advantage. The small schools have such more battles to fight. I once heard a conversation between Coach Ridder and Coach Yeagle and it was interesting. Coach Yeagle said he didn't have to worry about kids being ineligible, kids moving schools because their parents were homeless or bouncing from projects to projects. In the end best of luck to all these schools and the coaches who are parents, mentors, counselors, as well as coaches.

I like ruffling feathers. There was a proposed True Class A division. It was proposed as the Bottom 16 or 32. It was the schools with the lowest enrollment in the state. beechwood has a great program, as well as NCC, and Highlands. I just think it would be more competitive if the small (poverty schools could compete with each other. For example, a district of Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, abd Bracken makes much sense. Beechwood has such an advantage. The small schools have such more battles to fight. I once heard a conversation between Coach Ridder and Coach Yeagle and it was interesting. Coach Yeagle said he didn't have to worry about kids being ineligible, kids moving schools because their parents were homeless or bouncing from projects to projects. In the end best of luck to all these schools and the coaches who are parents, mentors, counselors, as well as coaches.

 

 

"Poverty schools?"

I like ruffling feathers. There was a proposed True Class A division. It was proposed as the Bottom 16 or 32. It was the schools with the lowest enrollment in the state. beechwood has a great program, as well as NCC, and Highlands. I just think it would be more competitive if the small (poverty schools could compete with each other. For example, a district of Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, abd Bracken makes much sense. Beechwood has such an advantage. The small schools have such more battles to fight. I once heard a conversation between Coach Ridder and Coach Yeagle and it was interesting. Coach Yeagle said he didn't have to worry about kids being ineligible, kids moving schools because their parents were homeless or bouncing from projects to projects. In the end best of luck to all these schools and the coaches who are parents, mentors, counselors, as well as coaches.

 

The difference is what happens from 2nd week in December to 3rd week in August!

I like ruffling feathers. There was a proposed True Class A division. It was proposed as the Bottom 16 or 32. It was the schools with the lowest enrollment in the state. beechwood has a great program, as well as NCC, and Highlands. I just think it would be more competitive if the small (poverty schools could compete with each other. For example, a district of Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, abd Bracken makes much sense. Beechwood has such an advantage. The small schools have such more battles to fight. I once heard a conversation between Coach Ridder and Coach Yeagle and it was interesting. Coach Yeagle said he didn't have to worry about kids being ineligible, kids moving schools because their parents were homeless or bouncing from projects to projects. In the end best of luck to all these schools and the coaches who are parents, mentors, counselors, as well as coaches.

 

I will not say that poverty never existed in Dayton, Bellevue, or anywhere else. As far as that matter goes, it is another whole topic, but if we are going to be technical about it, poverty exists just about everywhere that I know of. Another issue that has to factor in now is what has happened with the economy over the past few years. Anyway, I will quit going on about it, this is a sport site, not CNN or Fox News.

I agree. best of Luck to all schools and hope that NKY dominates the state finals!

Beechwood-1A

NCC-2A

Highlands-4A

Cooper-5A

Anyone in 6A except Trinity

If KHSAA ever goes to 7 classes Beechwood (and Mayfield) would be in 2A. Maybe that is what the "True Class A" Schools should ask for. :thumb:

 

I was always under the impression that Beechwood is one of the smallest of the small football playing schools in KY. I guess I was wrong.

I agree. best of Luck to all schools and hope that NKY dominates the state finals!

 

:thumb:

I was always under the impression that Beechwood is one of the smallest of the small football playing schools in KY. I guess I was wrong.

 

Currently #30 smallest according to the KHSAA alignment data. Keep in mind in the old 4 class system they would be near the middle of approximately 54 teams.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/20112014/2011-2014%20School%20Listing.pdf

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.