Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Hope Julius Randel had a great visit at UK this weekend. He was at the game yesterday.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Hope Julius Randel had a great visit at UK this weekend. He was at the game yesterday.

 

He looked to be having a good time. He looked good in that UK hoodie. :D

Hope Julius Randel had a great visit at UK this weekend. He was at the game yesterday.

 

He got his picture taken with Drake. That certainly doesnt hurt the cause.

He looked to be having a good time. He looked good in that UK hoodie. :D

Did you have a good time at the game. We had a great time seeing some old friends.

 

Wish we could have made the ...Julius Randel...chant a little lounder.

  • Author
Did you have a good time at the game. We had a great time seeing some old friends.

 

Wish we could have made the ...Julius Randel...chant a little lounder.

 

Me and my friends had a great time as well. Was bummed that Wall didn't play, or that Knight, Rondo, Bledsoe, etc. wasn't there but considering all of that and the small turnout (small for UK standards) it was a good time. I was amazed that it didn't get any louder than it did yesterday, last year in the DR exhibition the crowd blew the roof off of the place. Yesterday it didn't get loud to Rupp standards at all so hopefully that doesn't effect the image it put off to Randle. And yeah his chant def could have gotten a lot louder but I think he still was able to hear what was going on.

 

So even though it could have been so much better than what it was, me and all of my friends still had a great time celebrating the big blue. Going in I basically knew that was all it was going to be, basically just a big 2012 championship pep rally, or Big Blue nation fun day or something to that effect. I had a ball.

  • Author

The craziest thing to happen to me was after the game was over. Me and my friends were standing in the lobby by the old center court and as the crowd was filling out I feel somebody walking by nudge shoulders with me. I look up and it is Worldwide Wes! He was walking pretty fast so by the time I got my phone and snapped a pic he was further down with his back turned, and the pic is kind of shadowy with all the light coming in from the outside. But without question it was WWW, I even looked down when I saw his face and sure enough on the heel of them it had his own little logo on the shoe. Funny thing about that was he was basically just coming through there undetected, no one even noticed or cared to stop him, I was assuming he was going to the Hyatt. Not even 30 seconds later here comes Kenny Skywalker and he has people draped all over him, I mean a mob scene surrounding him. Then a minute later Terrence Jones comes walking through with all these people following him, then comes Joe B. Hall, then after that Wah Wah Jones. This was all in like a five minute stretch! I will definitely remember getting my shoulder bumped and looking up to see WWW for a long time though, I just thought it was funny as can be. I looked at my buddies and was like, my Lord, that was WWW, he just ran into me, I just got ran into by freakin worldwide wes!

  • Author

Here's the pic I snapped, like I said it's from behind, from a distance and the lighting wasn't good but I promise it is www. You can almost tell just from the shape of his bald head!

image-1233516536.jpg

Cat Barber is a 5-star guard who had shown interest in UK but the interest was not mutual. No offer was made. Thinking is that the Harrison boys were a bigger priority than Barber. Barber committed to NC State today.

 

Heard the reason UL dropped Barber is he got caught trying to steal a cell phone from a current player on his official visit. Pass...

  • Author
Heard the reason UL dropped Barber is he got caught trying to steal a cell phone from a current player on his official visit. Pass...

 

He looks the part, and he's from East Va. Those guys have been known to be pretty hood, hmmm. hmmmm. AI, hmmm, hmmm. Vick. ........

The craziest thing to happen to me was after the game was over. Me and my friends were standing in the lobby by the old center court and as the crowd was filling out I feel somebody walking by nudge shoulders with me. I look up and it is Worldwide Wes! He was walking pretty fast so by the time I got my phone and snapped a pic he was further down with his back turned, and the pic is kind of shadowy with all the light coming in from the outside. But without question it was WWW, I even looked down when I saw his face and sure enough on the heel of them it had his own little logo on the shoe. Funny thing about that was he was basically just coming through there undetected, no one even noticed or cared to stop him, I was assuming he was going to the Hyatt. Not even 30 seconds later here comes Kenny Skywalker and he has people draped all over him, I mean a mob scene surrounding him. Then a minute later Terrence Jones comes walking through with all these people following him, then comes Joe B. Hall, then after that Wah Wah Jones. This was all in like a five minute stretch! I will definitely remember getting my shoulder bumped and looking up to see WWW for a long time though, I just thought it was funny as can be. I looked at my buddies and was like, my Lord, that was WWW, he just ran into me, I just got ran into by freakin worldwide wes!

 

Wes sat front row about midcourt and few seats down from John Lucas and george Raveling.

Did you have a good time at the game. We had a great time seeing some old friends.

 

Wish we could have made the ...Julius Randel...chant a little lounder.

Were you sitting in section 29? I thought I might have saw you.

  • Author
Wes sat front row about midcourt and few seats down from John Lucas and george Raveling.

 

As he walked out of the lobby there wasn't a sole around him, no one even noticed who he was. Like I said there was about four or five UK guys who came through that got swarmed and there was Wes just strolling key low g through a packed lobby without anyone coming up for a picture, autograph, anything.

 

If I would have saw him coming I would have tried to talk to him, I've heard of people just striking up a convo with him at SEC tournament and a few ball games and they say he is pretty cool, he will at least talk to you anyway. I would have at least gave him a head nod or a fist bump or something, haha. But like I said, what made it crazy was I just got bumped into while my back was turned while talking to some friends, then when I turn my head to see this cat who just plowed into me I was looking him right in the face when he went by. That's when I was like, wow, thats WWW! I mean it wasn't like he gave me a forearm shiver or trucked me, but just one of those brush bys, like a double fisting in a bar trying to squeeze through the crowd nudges, but it was enough to get my attention. By the time I tried to pull my phone out for some proof he was already too far to get a real good picture.

Were you sitting in section 29? I thought I might have saw you.

 

Yes we were in section 29 . Wish you had come over and said Hi.

Randle on his visit to KY:

 

 

Randle also took some time to discuss his weekend trip to Lexington. It was his first trip and the Kentucky experience didn't disappoint.

"I kind of knew what I was going to get from the program and what they do," Randle said. "What I got out of the visit is that it is really just a family. They are going to push you hard to be the best you are going to be and you aren't going to like it sometimes. But at the end of the day you know they care about you. The coaches are good guys and care about you."

Current players also gave him an accurate picture of life as a UK basketball player.

"It's not really easy. It's going to be hard," said Randle, when asked what the Wildcat players told him about Kentucky. "But the reward is worth it in the end. Like last year they all sacrificed for each other and in the end they were all able to do what they wanted to do individually."

Randle also took notice of the local community's support for the hoops program. "The fans are crazy," he said. "Everywhere you go the fans are saying 'Come here.' It's pretty crazy, but cool at the same time."

 

 

 

 

Randle will wait until spring to decide, and he's not feeling rushed to end the recruiting process. "I'm not even sure what is next right now," Randle said. "Maybe after these in-homes I will cut it down to five or something like that. Or I might just take a quiet period away from it all. I need to focus on school and getting ready for the season. Since I'm not deciding until the spring some time away might not be a bad thing. We'll just see."

 

Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - Randle talks about recent visits

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.