Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity the best team ever in Ky??

Are the Rocks the best ever?? 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Are the Rocks the best ever??

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Trotwood Madison had 7 or 8 D1 players a few years ago amd HHS beat them in the Herbie..HHS might of had one D1 kid..

Good example for how "irrelevant" the D1 talent was for Trotwood that particular year. This one example does not prove the "irrelevance" of D1 talent when discussing "Best Ever" teams. Again I ask the question, if Trinity did not have the D1 talent it has (namely Quick, Dawkins, Hatcher and White) would we be sitting here wasting time at work debating if they were possibly the "Best Ever" in Kentucky?

  • Replies 125
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood had a good year last year, but, barely broke 500 in 2009 and they are an average to better than average 4a team. I'd compare them to a Lone Oak, ACS type team. B.Academy should beat them 9 out of 10 times, be it, when they're down or up...
So, which is more relevant? That Maplewood was barely over .500 in 2009, or that they made it to the semifinals last year?

 

Brentwood Academy should beat Maplewood year-in and year-out ... they should beat most of the public schools in the Nashville area on a regular basis. But it's still Brentwood Academy, and it's still a pretty darn good program.

 

And Trinity only beat a 2-0 Elder team 56-7 on their home turf. I guess they're down, too.

Edited by westsider

So, hich is more relevant? That Maplewood was barely over .500 in 2009, or that they made it to the semifinals last year?

 

Brentwood Academy should beat Maplewood year-in and year-out ... they should beat most of the public schools in the Nashville area on a regular basis. But it's still Brentwood Academy, and it's still a pretty darn good program.

 

And Trinity only beat a 2-0 Elder team 56-7 on their home turf. I guess they're down, too.

 

According to the Ohio fans on Yappi they are.

According to the Ohio fans on Yappi they are.
And maybe there are by their standards, which are certainly higher than just about any program in this state.

 

Again, I guess Trinity has just had amazing luck in scheduling all these big-name teams that are magically down now. Someone should start playing the lottery up there.

And maybe there are by their standards, which are certainly higher than just about any program in this state.

 

Again, I guess Trinity has just had amazing luck in scheduling all these big-name teams that are magically down now. Someone should start playing the lottery up there.

 

I just think they are trying to rationalize the loss. We will see this Friday which it is.

I just think they are trying to rationalize the loss. We will see this Friday which it is.
Were they saying Elder was down before Trinity rolled into town?

I'm friends with a huge Elder fan with a kid on the team now and an older son on the squad a few years later. In his opinion, Elder was down last year, but not this year...

 

For the record, I think a "down" Elder team is still a darn good team that could compete with almost anyone.

Good example for how "irrelevant" the D1 talent was for Trotwood that particular year. This one example does not prove the "irrelevance" of D1 talent when discussing "Best Ever" teams. Again I ask the question, if Trinity did not have the D1 talent it has (namely Quick, Dawkins, Hatcher and White) would we be sitting here wasting time at work debating if they were possibly the "Best Ever" in Kentucky?

 

It's bed time so I'll make this short and sweet. In your opinion ,what teams , should be included in this discussion , please include name of team , schedule , how many D1 players , what college did they go to , who did they play for in the pros , and the names of those players , and if their high school won state. In one of your posts you said that you had not seen the 91 Clark County team play, ! So what are you going by ?

 

Somebody mentioned Trotwood Madison , 8 D1 players and lose to a little 3A school from Ky ? I will give you some clues ,could they have been outcoached , out played ,better conditioned , more focused or worked harder in practice , more dedicated to sacrifice to make them better conditiond including lifting weights all year round . running track for better cardio ,do I need to go on ?

 

You could have 11 D1 players and not even make the playoffs , if they don't play as a T-E-A-M . I'm sure there are hundreds of examples out there , but I'm not going to look them up. To sum things up on my end , to be the in the dicussion of "BEST TEAM EVER " you have to have the whole package and not just a bunch (or tons ) of D1 players on the team ! :sssh:

So, which is more relevant? That Maplewood was barely over .500 in 2009, or that they made it to the semifinals last year?

 

Brentwood Academy should beat Maplewood year-in and year-out ... they should beat most of the public schools in the Nashville area on a regular basis. But it's still Brentwood Academy, and it's still a pretty darn good program.

 

And Trinity only beat a 2-0 Elder team 56-7 on their home turf. I guess they're down, too.

 

Like I said, not that sure on Elder this year. I don't think they're near as good as Colerain, Mohller or St X this year, but, definately still a solid team and yes, BA is also a very good team, just not as good as they've been in the past. This wouldn't be one of there best. MBA is definately down compared to most years.

Toughest schedule ever: Trinity 2011 without a doubt

Best team ever :Trinity 2011 without a doubt ( if undefeated at seasons end )

 

As for the bolded , it's irrelevant ! I've seen teams with tons of D1 talent get beat by teams with no D1 talent at all. College ,pros , all state , all conference , none of that matters.

 

You seem to want to go ahead and crown them the best team ever really bad right now, and you keep saying we can have no doubt, so why are we discussing it?

 

Something as subjective as this is always going to have some doubt. And, while I agree strength of schedule certainly helps Trinity in this arguement, at the end of the day it doesn't mean a team with a lesser schedule couldn't have been better.

 

I've been lucky enough so see a lot of very good high school teams play over the years, and I'd be hesitant to list which I thought was the "best" because it's so subjective. I have my favorites and the 91 Clark County team is among them (top 10 type team in Ky. history). Anytime a team with that kind of speed can run the veer that well, it's fun to watch.

 

FWIW, a friend of mine played at Moeller. He made a point of pulling me aside today to ask me about this year's Trinity team. He was calling them the "best high school team ever." He kept saying that's what he was hearing around town, and even said people in Cincinnati were saying they were better than Colerain in 04. Most of this was goading me, and trying to fish for info on how good I thought they were. But what I walked away with was, Trinity definately has Ohio's attention.

 

And we ended our conversation with him saying, "Well, of course, they had to wait until they had their team of a century to finally schedule us." Gotta love the GCL mentality.

You seem to want to go ahead and crown them the best team ever really bad right now, and you keep saying we can have no doubt, so why are we discussing it?

 

Something as subjective as this is always going to have some doubt. And, while I agree strength of schedule certainly helps Trinity in this arguement, at the end of the day it doesn't mean a team with a lesser schedule couldn't have been better.

 

I've been lucky enough so see a lot of very good high school teams play over the years, and I'd be hesitant to list which I thought was the "best" because it's so subjective. I have my favorites and the 91 Clark County team is among them (top 10 type team in Ky. history). Anytime a team with that kind of speed can run the veer that well, it's fun to watch.

 

FWIW, a friend of mine played at Moeller. He made a point of pulling me aside today to ask me about this year's Trinity team. He was calling them the "best high school team ever." He kept saying that's what he was hearing around town, and even said people in Cincinnati were saying they were better than Colerain in 04. Most of this was goading me, and trying to fish for info on how good I thought they were. But what I walked away with was, Trinity definately has Ohio's attention.

 

And we ended our conversation with him saying, "Well, of course, they had to wait until they had their team of a century to finally schedule us." Gotta love the GCL mentality.

 

I don't get it either, seeing as they always schedule GCL schools. The Enquirer nominated them as the honorary 5th member due to their frequency of play.

You seem to want to go ahead and crown them the best team ever really bad right now, and you keep saying we can have no doubt, so why are we discussing it?

 

Something as subjective as this is always going to have some doubt. And, while I agree strength of schedule certainly helps Trinity in this arguement, at the end of the day it doesn't mean a team with a lesser schedule couldn't have been better.

 

I've been lucky enough so see a lot of very good high school teams play over the years, and I'd be hesitant to list which I thought was the "best" because it's so subjective. I have my favorites and the 91 Clark County team is among them (top 10 type team in Ky. history). Anytime a team with that kind of speed can run the veer that well, it's fun to watch.

 

FWIW, a friend of mine played at Moeller. He made a point of pulling me aside today to ask me about this year's Trinity team. He was calling them the "best high school team ever." He kept saying that's what he was hearing around town, and even said people in Cincinnati were saying they were better than Colerain in 04. Most of this was goading me, and trying to fish for info on how good I thought they were. But what I walked away with was, Trinity definately has Ohio's attention.

 

And we ended our conversation with him saying, "Well, of course, they had to wait until they had their team of a century to finally schedule us." Gotta love the GCL mentality.

 

You forgot to bold if undeafeated at the end of the season . I don't think we are on the same page . The thread title is asking is Trinity the best ever in Kentucky. Unlless something has drastically changed overnight, the Moeller's and Colerains and the rest of the GCL are still in Ohio.

 

What do you mean I want to crown them really , really bad right now ? Why would I put if undefeated at the end of the season if that were the case.

It's bed time so I'll make this short and sweet. In your opinion ,what teams , should be included in this discussion , please include name of team , schedule , how many D1 players , what college did they go to , who did they play for in the pros , and the names of those players , and if their high school won state. In one of your posts you said that you had not seen the 91 Clark County team play, ! So what are you going by ?

 

Somebody mentioned Trotwood Madison , 8 D1 players and lose to a little 3A school from Ky ? I will give you some clues ,could they have been outcoached , out played ,better conditioned , more focused or worked harder in practice , more dedicated to sacrifice to make them better conditiond including lifting weights all year round . running track for better cardio ,do I need to go on ?

 

You could have 11 D1 players and not even make the playoffs , if they don't play as a T-E-A-M . I'm sure there are hundreds of examples out there , but I'm not going to look them up. To sum things up on my end , to be the in the dicussion of "BEST TEAM EVER " you have to have the whole package and not just a bunch (or tons ) of D1 players on the team ! :sssh:

Hoosier Bird,

I didn't nominate Clark 91 as "Best Ever". Someone else threw them in the discussion and I asked for more information about the team, ex. how many D1 players were on it? You then retorted that the number of D1 players was "irrelevant". No doubt can teams have multiple D1 players and get smacked by teams with no D1 players. But that's not what this discussion is about. We are discussing who are some of Kentucky's greatest high school football teams and comparing and contrasting the talent levels and depth of talent seems highly relevant as opposed to "irrelevant" as you claim. You again dodged my question, if Trinity did not have the D1 guys it has (Quick, Hatcher, Dawkins, White) would anyone be debating if Trinity 2011 was best ever?

BTW, Trinity 2011 is the best Kentucky team I've ever seen. But, just because they are the best I've seen does not mean they are the "Best Ever". I never saw Clark 91, that's why I asked someone familiar with that team to post more information about them.

Hoosier Bird,

I didn't nominate Clark 91 as "Best Ever". Someone else threw them in the discussion and I asked for more information about the team, ex. how many D1 players were on it? You then retorted that the number of D1 players was "irrelevant". No doubt can teams have multiple D1 players and get smacked by teams with no D1 players. But that's not what this discussion is about. We are discussing who are some of Kentucky's greatest high school football teams and comparing and contrasting the talent levels and depth of talent seems highly relevant as opposed to "irrelevant" as you claim. You again dodged my question, if Trinity did not have the D1 guys it has (Quick, Hatcher, Dawkins, White) would anyone be debating if Trinity 2011 was best ever?

BTW, Trinity 2011 is the best Kentucky team I've ever seen. But, just because they are the best I've seen does not mean they are the "Best Ever". I never saw Clark 91, that's why I asked someone familiar with that team to post more information about them.

 

It would hard for me to answere your question because I'm not familiar with the replacements for these players. I believe Dawkins was replaced by #4 , who looked just as good as Dawkins to me in the T vs HHS scrimmage . Also if the four D1 players were not on this team , I would think the replacements for this group would have gotten more reps in practice , which would have made them better. Your question is almost impossible to answere , so I guess we will never know.

It would hard for me to answere your question because I'm not familiar with the replacements for these players. I believe Dawkins was replaced by #4 , who looked just as good as Dawkins to me in the T vs HHS scrimmage . Also if the four D1 players were not on this team , I would think the replacements for this group would have gotten more reps in practice , which would have made them better. Your question is almost impossible to answere , so I guess we will never know.

 

Hoosier,

It was a hypothetical question--obviously "we will never know" for sure. But, I can assure you Trinity does not have any more James Quick's or Jason Hatcher's sitting on the bench. The freshmen you spoke of is good, and may be as good as Dawkins later in his career, but Dawkins is by far the better back right now. Without those guys, Trinity would probably still win 6A this year. But, "Best Ever", not a chance.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.