Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity the best team ever in Ky??

Are the Rocks the best ever?? 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Are the Rocks the best ever??

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

You again dodged my question, if Trinity did not have the D1 guys it has (Quick, Hatcher, Dawkins, White) would anyone be debating if Trinity 2011 was best ever?

BTW, Trinity 2011 is the best Kentucky team I've ever seen. But, just because they are the best I've seen does not mean they are the "Best Ever". I never saw Clark 91, that's why I asked someone familiar with that team to post more information about them.

If Trinity did not have the D1 guys it has and was still destroying the caliber of competition as it has been, then yes, everyone would still be discussing if this Trinity team was the best ever. Just think of it this way, if Clark Co. scheduled this years Trinity schedule and went undefeated in dominant fashion, wouldn't they be in the discussion for the best ever in Ky? This thread is way premature though. There are a lot of very good teams in Trinity's path that could end this discussion...starting tonight!
  • Replies 125
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This threads are fun to play in, but really, what does he really mean and we have no way of proving anything. Butler 1979 team was very good, beat my school Iroquois who had four D-1 kids.

I agree that Clark County 91 is impressive ,but you might want to look at Highlands 09 schedule and results. They are more impressive than the 91 Cark Co. team IMO. If Trinity stays undefeated they are the best ever without a doubt.

 

 

This is a discussion that has no true real answer......so for all the emphatic and definitive statements, understand that they are only "opinions" as these teams will never play head to head. But I grew up as a coach's son at the University of Kentucky. I played ball myself through college, and have watched a ton of football since, my son also starts for Tates Creek currently and is a sophomore. I say all of that to tell you that in my estimation, from all the football that I have witnessed, including many State Championship games, there is no better backfield then that of 1991 Clark County's Eric Clay (EKU) Jerome Embry (Marshall QB) and Tim Hampton. Most folks that I have talked to that remember those times, said it was the best backfield assembled in Kentucky history. I saw it up close and personal on the wrong end of the Dunbar debacle in the playoffs that year.......Clark county out of the WIng-T were as an explosive of an offense as I have witnessed. there have been teams that can throw the ball better, but not move the ball better and have as many explosive plays out of their backfield from all three positions. QB, RB, and FB all Dynamic D1 talents. ELite.....They also finished ranked 14th in USA TODAY's Super 25.

 

I say that as MY opinion, if it makes folks feel better to have to say that this team is the greatest of all time, then so be it. Just make sure to put Clark County and their ultra explosive backfield as a truly great team that went undefeated, and beat both the traditional powers en route to the State Title.

Edited by TC_Nation19

Trinity 2002 and not close right now.

Trinity 2002 and not close right now.

 

How about now?

 

I vote yes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.