Covington Catholic/Dixie Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins this game?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

I'm feeling the Blue Colonels in this one. It will be interesting to see how much better Dixie plays with Pike on the field but they are always questionable on defense and CCH seems to have an explosive offense.

CCH 35

Dixie 28

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this won't be a popular post. And I'm still not a Pike fan. But I think everyone is underestimating what he means to this team. I really believe Dixie will play much better in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they squeak out a victory vs Covcath. Pike is a game-changer and gives Dixie alot more confidence in themselves.

I know this won't be a popular post. And I'm still not a Pike fan. But I think everyone is underestimating what he means to this team. I really believe Dixie will play much better in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they squeak out a victory vs Covcath. Pike is a game-changer and gives Dixie alot more confidence in themselves.

Not unpopular IMO. There is probably a lot of truth to it.

I know this won't be a popular post. And I'm still not a Pike fan. But I think everyone is underestimating what he means to this team. I really believe Dixie will play much better in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they squeak out a victory vs Cov Cath. Pike is a game-changer and gives Dixie alot more confidence in themselves.

I think there are more than a few of us that agree that Pike's presence is not to be underestimated in this game. I think underestimating him could very likely prove fatal for Cov Cath if they were to do so.

All this talk after one game about how good Cov Cath is shocks me. They only beat Campbell County who is not a storied program and are in a rebuilding year with a new coach and a lot of first time starters. I don't think Dixie is as bad as every one thinks either, they lost to a pretty good New Cath squad. Each team has only played one game. That being said, I'm going to go with Cov Cath in a close one.

Good luck to both teams.

All this talk after one game about how good Cov Cath is shocks me. They only beat Campbell County who is not a storied program and are in a rebuilding year with a new coach and a lot of first time starters. I don't think Dixie is as bad as every one thinks either, they lost to a pretty good New Cath squad. Each team has only played one game. That being said, I'm going to go with Cov Cath in a close one.

Good luck to both teams.

Inspite of what I said about Dixie being much better with Pike, I still think that CovCath will win. My "optimism" if you will is not based entirely on their handling of Campbell County. It was evident last year that Wirth has turned around the Colonels. They've regained a lot of their swagger and believe in themselves again. That's is a huge part of winning. Plus the kids CovCath put on the field last year seemed much more athletic, in shape and quicker than the several prior years. If CovCath had just beat Campbell County, I wouldn't be as high on them. But from all accounts I've heard, they flat out handled them. Sure Campbell County is re-building big time this year. But let's not make the Camels out to be a program that has never tasted success. I think that come year end, they will be a very fine team if the players, parents and fans don't prematurely abandon ship because a storm dropped some water on the deck.