Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photography

Featured Replies

Anyone here into it? I have recently picked it up as a hobby. If anyone has some pics upload them so we can check them out!

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of photography do you do?

7827a.jpg

 

Here is one I took.

  • Author

I'm still new to it all so I'm really just trying to experiment to see what I like. I just find it to be a very relaxing hobby.

I'm still new to it all so I'm really just trying to experiment to see what I like. I just find it to be a very relaxing hobby.

 

These days the camera does almost everything for you.

Great pics!

 

Can I solicit some advice? I bought a Canon eos 15.1 mp last year. Daytime pics are brilliant, but I am struggling with the exposure in off light ...such as indoor w/no flash or dusk. I have played around with the options on the camera, but do you have a good tip?

Shoot some pictures in green mode and see what settings the camera uses, then experiment. Put the camera in Tv mode and see what changing the shutter speed does, then shoot in Av and see what changing the aperature does. The dusk pictures problem is the camera thinking too much. Flash is going to give you a black background with the subject lit and without flash and no adjustments the background light reading is making the subject too dark. No film to develop so shoot away. All the information is imbedded in the picture. Look at them on the computer not the little 3" screen on the camera when making comparisons. PS understand what the ISO means too.

Edited by CCHS_Dad
grammar

I have a buddy who has been shooting for about a year and he has some awesome picks. You can search for him on flickr.com, search for a person named Jason Lemmond. Check out his photo 365 gallery, he has some cool shots of random stuff.

Shoot some pictures in green mode and see what settings the camera uses, then experiment. Put the camera in Tv mode and see what changing the shutter speed does, then shoot in Av and see what changing the aperature does. The dusk pictures problem is the camera thinking too much. Flash is going to give you a black background with the subject lit and without flash and no adjustments the background light reading is making the subject too dark. No film to develop so shoot away. All the information is imbedded in the picture. Look at them on the computer not the little 3" screen on the camera when making comparisons. PS understand what the ISO means too.

 

Thanks very much....seems like I need to spend more "time in grade".

Anyone here into it? I have recently picked it up as a hobby. If anyone has some pics upload them so we can check them out!

 

I've been doing it my whole life. Well about 20 years now. I want to keep it a hobby because then I am afraid it won't be as fun. I shoot for a local paper and also do a lot of the UK games and and do a lot of senior work but I pick and choose. I don't add up how much I have in equipment because I am afraid to find out, but I would say it is enough. You ever need any help let me know. And some people that think the camera does all the work, that is the difference between a professional and a amateur. I also have a website if you would like to take a look at it.

These days the camera does almost everything for you.

 

Spoken like a true pro....guys who can do this make it look easy. I am amazed how hard it is to get the results the good photographers achieve. I learn a little bit more, piece by piece. Wish someone had a decent class to teach us amateurs.

Spoken like a true pro....guys who can do this make it look easy. I am amazed how hard it is to get the results the good photographers achieve. I learn a little bit more, piece by piece. Wish someone had a decent class to teach us amateurs.

 

Guru is right, in a way. If a person is willing to spend the crazy money, the features the cameras have on the top end models do a great job of covering up mistakes. To be honest, though, if a person seriously wants to be a top-notch photographer, they should learn how to shoot on an old manual or even an outdated SLR. I have never had access to the best equipment, and I feel like learning on obsolete/outdated equipment has made me what I am.

 

I'd love to swap equipment with some of those guys who shoot for the C-J and Herald-Leader sometime to see if they can get the shots that I do with mine. I know I could match what they do if I had access to that tricked-out equipment. I'm betting those guys wouldn't enjoy the experience none too much of using my gear, though. :D

MrRk and I roam the backroads and see if we can find anything that catches our eyes to take a picture of. We have taken some that we are really proud of and some that we aren't, but all in all, it's a great way to spend a day!!!

Guru is right, in a way. If a person is willing to spend the crazy money, the features the cameras have on the top end models do a great job of covering up mistakes. To be honest, though, if a person seriously wants to be a top-notch photographer, they should learn how to shoot on an old manual or even an outdated SLR. I have never had access to the best equipment, and I feel like learning on obsolete/outdated equipment has made me what I am.

 

I'd love to swap equipment with some of those guys who shoot for the C-J and Herald-Leader sometime to see if they can get the shots that I do with mine. I know I could match what they do if I had access to that tricked-out equipment. I'm betting those guys wouldn't enjoy the experience none too much of using my gear, though. :D

 

 

Where can I see some of your shots?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.