Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photography

Featured Replies

2011 US Open Beach Volleyball 260.jpg
  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guru is right, in a way. If a person is willing to spend the crazy money, the features the cameras have on the top end models do a great job of covering up mistakes. To be honest, though, if a person seriously wants to be a top-notch photographer, they should learn how to shoot on an old manual or even an outdated SLR. I have never had access to the best equipment, and I feel like learning on obsolete/outdated equipment has made me what I am.

 

I'd love to swap equipment with some of those guys who shoot for the C-J and Herald-Leader sometime to see if they can get the shots that I do with mine. I know I could match what they do if I had access to that tricked-out equipment. I'm betting those guys wouldn't enjoy the experience none too much of using my gear, though. :D

 

Jim would love to see some of your work. But not trying to get a debate going, but I might have to disagree with you. In college I shot for the SID and would have to develop negatives and develop the pics there on campus. That was a lot easier at times. For me post production nowadays is a lot easier, but I try to to everything with the camera. But again would love to see some of your work sir.:ylsuper:

I am friends with an AP photographer and they do have have all the cutting edge gear but these guys and gals can flat out shoot pictures. They could take a low end point and shoot and make great pictures. Part of it is they are well educated and the other part is all they do is take pictures. You do it enough times you get good or you are gone. Listen to a pro and they can can make any adjustment to the camera without pulling it down to see what they are doing.

 

By the way Panda great shots at the beach volleyball...

I am friends with an AP photographer and they do have have all the cutting edge gear but these guys and gals can flat out shoot pictures. They could take a low end point and shoot and make great pictures. Part of it is they are well educated and the other part is all they do is take pictures. You do it enough times you get good or you are gone. Listen to a pro and they can can make any adjustment to the camera without pulling it down to see what they are doing.

 

By the way Panda great shots at the beach volleyball...

 

I was almost too embarassed to take out my camera when I first arrived...but I got over it! And thanks.

Actually you don't need high ticket equipment all of the time to shoot some amazing stuff, simply being in the right place at the right time is key.

 

Obviously action shots need high speed equipment. Tim Cooper the Brossart High School sports photographer does some amazing work.

 

The photo attached was taken one morning when we pulled into a secluded bay in Canada on our annual spring fishing trip, with my point and shoot Canon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34388[/ATTACH]

 

This is an incredible piece of photography, but for different reasons - lol!!!

Shoot some pictures in green mode and see what settings the camera uses, then experiment. Put the camera in Tv mode and see what changing the shutter speed does, then shoot in Av and see what changing the aperature does. The dusk pictures problem is the camera thinking too much. Flash is going to give you a black background with the subject lit and without flash and no adjustments the background light reading is making the subject too dark. No film to develop so shoot away. All the information is imbedded in the picture. Look at them on the computer not the little 3" screen on the camera when making comparisons. PS understand what the ISO means too.

 

I only shoot in the Manual mode. Now I know I need help but where do I get it?

One more. Again, a simple point and shoot photo taken at the right place and the right time.

Even if you are using a high ticket SLR camera, you still might be shooting at the same speed, aperture setting, and zoom as a guy with a $100 point and shoot camera. Be creative!!!

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34389[/ATTACH]

Of course no one has mentioned the photoshop part of making pics better. I never use that either.

I bought my wife a Nikon DSLR3000 a while back. I love it, I think it's a really good camera. We have taken some pictures, I'll probably upload some tomorrow to show everyone.

How do I post photos

hit go advanced at bottom right and then click on the paper clip

I'm almost ashamed to say that I don't know much about photoshopping. I do have a photo program JASC Paint Shop Pro that I use for re-sizing etc,. and will admit to using a feature called "One Stop Photo Fix." If I have a photo that is too bright, too dark, or I think could be made to look better, I will use the One Stop feature, and then compare my product with the one produced by the tool and decide which one to save.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34388[/ATTACH]

 

This is an incredible piece of photography, but for different reasons - lol!!!

 

:lol: Nice looking fish!

Angelina_Jolie[1].jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.