Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Draft Brandon Knight?

Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick?

    • Yes
      84%
      28
    • No
      15%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No left hand? Most NBA good young PGs right now are not overly fundamental with the way they play on the floor IMO. Guys like Rose, Westbrook, Wall can make up for it with Superhuman athletic ability, Knight may be able to make up for it with smarts, hardwork and a great jumpshot.

 

He's a proven winner, was as clutch as could be in the tourney, and played for Cal. He's far from a home run, but I could think of a ton of top 10 picks from previous years I think he's safer than. I don't think he has superstar potential, but after the top 3 or 4 in most drafts most guys aren't expected to become definite all-stars. I feel that worst case scenario, he's a guy that if he plays with talent around him can be a winning PG in the league. He has good size, a good shot and a good feel for the game. Dallas and Miami proved that it does not take a supreme athlete at PG to win in the NBA. He won't fall that far but if he could land with the Kings and play with Evans and Thornton in the backcourt I think they'd have a heck of a young team.

 

I agree SUPER STAR he is not, but a star none the less I could certainly see him being. I really think he can surprise people, at worst he's a SOLID role player but I don't think that will be the case. I REALLY don't believe I'm homering either, I would invest in him if it were an option.... I think I'd get a good return.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree SUPER STAR he is not, but a star none the less I could certainly see him being. I really think he can surprise people, at worst he's a SOLID role player but I don't think that will be the case. I REALLY don't believe I'm homering either, I would invest in him if it were an option.... I think I'd get a good return.

 

My biggest concern with him is his passing to be honest. I think he may end up like a Chauncey Billups or Andre Miller (now more than earlier in his career) type of guy though, which isn't a bad thing either. :thumb:

My biggest concern with him is his passing to be honest. I think he may end up like a Chauncey Billups or Andre Miller (now more than earlier in his career) type of guy though, which isn't a bad thing either. :thumb:

 

Agreed, on all acounts. He's never had to do alot that wasn't expected of him already which is kind of why I like his draft stock, I really do think the kid can do ALOT.

So i am drafting a boy scout that isnt super quick with no left hand.

 

Pass. I will spend my money elsewhere.

 

A boy scout with a very good outside game, knows how to score the basketball & a possesses a level of quickness that you greatly underestimate. The left hand I agree with & I also think he needs to refine his game as a PG.

 

Who else in this class, outside of Irving & Kemba, would you consider drafting ahead of Knight? And I agree that if you, the GM, can get what you're looking for in a deal, then it makes sense to trade the pick. Knight is not a shoe-in to be an elite NBA player. But as I and others have said, this draft class is very weak. And that fact will also tremendously affect what you might get in return when trading is discussed.

  • Author
A boy scout with a very good outside game, knows how to score the basketball & a possesses a level of quickness that you greatly underestimate. The left hand I agree with & I also think he needs to refine his game as a PG.

 

Who else in this class, outside of Irving & Kemba, would you consider drafting ahead of Knight? And I agree that if you, the GM, can get what you're looking for in a deal, then it makes sense to trade the pick. Knight is not a shoe-in to be an elite NBA player. But as I and others have said, this draft class is very weak. And that fact will also tremendously affect what you might get in return when trading is discussed.

 

I can't set my team back with bad contracts and picks if I'm a GM. Could he be a really good player? Maybe. I'm just not willing to take that risk. I trade down and find a PG elsewhere. The only way I take him is if I'm a franchise that is struggling to draw fans and needs some excitement through the draft.

I voted Yes, but Clyde makes some good points. I'd still have a tough time turning him down if I'm the Jazz and need a PG next year.

Oh my ... I just checked the poll results. Clyde, my man, assuming you voted no in the poll, right now you are on an island on this one. You need someone to get on your side of this debate.

 

I do think you have a valid argument. I have questions about Knight as an NBA PG. I agree about the questions above concerning his passing game. My biggest concern is his handle. I saw him get stripped too many times at crunch time in games to feel real confident about him handling the ball under pressure from an NBA defender. I also think his shot is a little low but he has a quick release that seems to offset that factor. BUT ... with all those factors weighing against him, I would still take a chance on him in the top 10 of this draft. He can shoot it, he is good going to the basket, the open court game will help him and his character/work ethic added to his skill set tell me it is worth taking a chance on him in the top 10 ... in this weak draft.

In todays world the NBA drafts mostly on potential because of the large number of young players in the draft. What is Knight, 18 or 19? He is definately not ready to make a splash in his first year in the league but a few down the road he could be a good player. Yes I would take him on potential.

I can't set my team back with bad contracts and picks if I'm a GM. Could he be a really good player? Maybe. I'm just not willing to take that risk. I trade down and find a PG elsewhere. The only way I take him is if I'm a franchise that is struggling to draw fans and needs some excitement through the draft.

 

Bad contract? Its a rookie deal. You have a low salary, and a team option for years 3 and 4.

He is easily a top 10 pick in this draft.

 

And that is why it was a good move for him to go ahead and declare. There is nothing I can think of that he could do to improve his draft position by staying in college.

  • Author
And that is why it was a good move for him to go ahead and declare. There is nothing I can think of that he could do to improve his draft position by staying in college.

 

No question it's the right move financially for Brandon. That's not the debate.

  • Author
Bad contract? Its a rookie deal. You have a low salary, and a team option for years 3 and 4.

 

I heard a GM today state it perfectly. When you have a lottery pick you're drafting for the next 5 to 10 years. Screwing it up sets your organization back.

 

That's my point.

I heard a GM today state it perfectly. When you have a lottery pick you're drafting for the next 5 to 10 years. Screwing it up sets your organization back.

 

That's my point.

 

Define screwing it up? If he's not an all-star is that a screw up? There are only 24 of those per year, so it would be hard for every lottery team to get one. Outside of the top 3, I just want a quality starter or really good bench guy that can play starter minutes. Draft a guy with potential to be better than that, but I'd settle for one of those scenarios.

I would love for the Cavs to draft Knight and Enes! It would give me a reason to watch the Cavs on Foxsports this coming season!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.