Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Draft Brandon Knight?

Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick?

    • Yes
      84%
      28
    • No
      15%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Define screwing it up? If he's not an all-star is that a screw up? There are only 24 of those per year, so it would be hard for every lottery team to get one. Outside of the top 3, I just want a quality starter or really good bench guy that can play starter minutes. Draft a guy with potential to be better than that, but I'd settle for one of those scenarios.

 

You don't use a top 10 pick for a bench guy/role player. A top 10 pick needs to be an impact player.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't use a top 10 pick for a bench guy/role player. A top 10 pick needs to be an impact player.

 

And suppose the teams you propose they trade that pick to have the same feeling? Somebody has to want him that high or you can't work the trade.

  • Author
And suppose the teams you propose they trade that pick to have the same feeling? Somebody has to want him that high or you can't work the trade.

 

All you need is one. Everyone views kids differently (see: Knicks picks over the last 10 years).

In this draft, I can not see 10 guys that are better than Knight. If I do not have a PG, I am all over Knight.

You don't use a top 10 pick for a bench guy/role player. A top 10 pick needs to be an impact player.
Simple quality starters and key guys off the bench aren't impact guys? The Mavs 2nd best player was their 6th man! I think you're out of your mind if you think every team that is drafting in the lottery is thinking they are getting a complete stud in any year.
I can't set my team back with bad contracts and picks if I'm a GM. Could he be a really good player? Maybe. I'm just not willing to take that risk. I trade down and find a PG elsewhere. The only way I take him is if I'm a franchise that is struggling to draw fans and needs some excitement through the draft.

 

And I would agree with this if I knew I would be getting some quality ability in a trade. I just question whether or not that will be possible.

  • Author

Congrats to a good kid . I really hope I am wrong on him.

Anyone else see a bit of Jason Terry in BK?

Congrats to a good kid . I really hope I am wrong on him.

 

What do you expect out of Knight in the NBA? How much playing time do you expect in his first 5 years? Starter year one? Starter by year 3? Out of the league within 5 years? I am curious as to what you expect his career to turn into.

 

On a side note, congrat on not being left completely alone in the poll. You ended up with 3 other people agreeing with you that they wouldn't draft him in the top 10.

Congrats to a good kid . I really hope I am wrong on him.

 

I'm not understanding your argument in the slightest. You say you wouldn't draft Knight in the top 10, because you don't see him as a "stud" or a "star". How many studs or stars are in this draft? Not many. Do you think he's going to be out of the league in 4-5 years? If so, I must say I think you're out of your mind.

 

What 10 players in the draft do you feel are better than Knight? Because 60 players have to be picked regardless how bad the draft is. Knight is easily one of the 10 most talented and has one of the 10 highest upsides in the draft.

Anyone else see a bit of Jason Terry in BK?

 

Quite a bit actually. Not quite the swagger that JET has, but a lot of similarities in their games.

I'm not understanding your argument in the slightest. You say you wouldn't draft Knight in the top 10, because you don't see him as a "stud" or a "star". How many studs or stars are in this draft? Not many. Do you think he's going to be out of the league in 4-5 years? If so, I must say I think you're out of your mind.

 

What 10 players in the draft do you feel are better than Knight? Because 60 players have to be picked regardless how bad the draft is. Knight is easily one of the 10 most talented and has one of the 10 highest upsides in the draft.

 

BK is the safest player in this draft IMO. He may not have as high a ceiling as high as someone like Williams or Irving, but at the very least he's a PG with good size and a good shot. :thumb:

BK is the safest player in this draft IMO. He may not have as high a ceiling as high as someone like Williams or Irving, but at the very least he's a PG with good size and a good shot. :thumb:

 

Interesting angle - safest pick. You are probably right about that, especially when you add in the character and work ethic.

BK is the safest player in this draft IMO. He may not have as high a ceiling as high as someone like Williams or Irving, but at the very least he's a PG with good size and a good shot. :thumb:

 

I agree. I hadn't really thought of it until Neerfan's post, but I really do see a lot of JET in Knight.

Interesting angle - safest pick. You are probably right about that, especially when you add in the character and work ethic.

 

Character, work ethic, smarts, jump and set shot, basketball IQ, good size, decent athleticism. A team could do alot worse in the lottery. At worst he's a guy that is able to play in the rotation on a good to great team.

 

I agree. I hadn't really thought of it until Neerfan's post, but I really do see a lot of JET in Knight.

 

I like that comparison too. I think Knight is and will have a chance to prove he is more of a PG though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.