Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Draft Brandon Knight?

Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick?

    • Yes
      84%
      28
    • No
      15%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

In the first 10 picks?

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

No for me.

 

IMO he's a really good college player with limited NBA potential.

 

This thread was started off of a tweet I saw yesterday talking about him.

Edited by Clyde

It's hard to say, it depends on what my team needs. In this draft yes I probably would.

  • Author
It's hard to say, it depends on what my team needs. In this draft yes I probably would.

 

I would trade the pick first.

I say yes mostly because the draft class is incredibly weak. In addition Knight is, by all accounts, a very hard worker, possesses a high IQ, & seems to be a very solid kid. Looking to trade a pick is never a bad idea. It just depends on what you're going to get in return.

I would trade the pick first.
It takes two to tango. With it being a weak class it is not as if people are fighting for top picks or a player of Knight's caliber.

This year it's an easy yes, last year or next year not so much. Those were were/are two talented classes.

Yes. And a big reason is character and aptitude.

I would trade the pick first.

 

If I was a team like the Lakers I would be all over him but most teams in the top 10 obviously aren't in a position like that.

If I was a team like the Lakers I would be all over him but most teams in the top 10 obviously aren't in a position like that.

 

Even a team like the Mav's or Miamia really, but like you said they aren't picking in the first 10. I think a guy like Knight could potentially bring to the Heat what Rondo did to Boston. Not saying he'd be that guy for certain but I see the potential.

  • Author
I say yes mostly because the draft class is incredibly weak. In addition Knight is, by all accounts, a very hard worker, possesses a high IQ, & seems to be a very solid kid. Looking to trade a pick is never a bad idea. It just depends on what you're going to get in return.

 

So i am drafting a boy scout that isnt super quick with no left hand.

 

Pass. I will spend my money elsewhere.

  • Author
This year it's an easy yes, last year or next year not so much. Those were were/are two talented classes.

 

Why ax a GM am I forced to take a kid that I would pass on in other years? Trade down there are other GMs wanting him.

Why ax a GM am I forced to take a kid that I would pass on in other years? Trade down there are other GMs wanting him.

 

I think you're confusing other years with last year and next year. Last year wasn't as deep as next year will be and that's mostly due to NBA uncertainty. I think Knight will be successful in the NBA, he's got plenty of upside and while he's not a raw athlete with crazy skills he's still pretty athletic. You say he hasno left hand but yet he didn't really have any problems scoring, if that were the case an 8th grader could have defended him. Yet he still average what 18-20 points a game in the NCAA tourney?

No left hand? Most NBA good young PGs right now are not overly fundamental with the way they play on the floor IMO. Guys like Rose, Westbrook, Wall can make up for it with Superhuman athletic ability, Knight may be able to make up for it with smarts, hardwork and a great jumpshot.

 

He's a proven winner, was as clutch as could be in the tourney, and played for Cal. He's far from a home run, but I could think of a ton of top 10 picks from previous years I think he's safer than. I don't think he has superstar potential, but after the top 3 or 4 in most drafts most guys aren't expected to become definite all-stars. I feel that worst case scenario, he's a guy that if he plays with talent around him can be a winning PG in the league. He has good size, a good shot and a good feel for the game. Dallas and Miami proved that it does not take a supreme athlete at PG to win in the NBA. He won't fall that far but if he could land with the Kings and play with Evans and Thornton in the backcourt I think they'd have a heck of a young team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.