Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Draft Brandon Knight?

Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Is BK worthy of a top 10 pick?

    • Yes
      84%
      28
    • No
      15%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Character, work ethic, smarts, jump and set shot, basketball IQ, good size, decent athleticism. A team could do alot worse in the lottery. At worst he's a guy that is able to play in the rotation on a good to great team.

 

 

 

I like that comparison too. I think Knight is and will have a chance to prove he is more of a PG though.

 

He can be a starter on a championship caliber team for sure.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I draft Brandon Knight in the top 10? In general probably not if we are simply just talking average NBA drafts. While I think he is a first rounder and a highly talented and potentially long lasting player in the NBA who can have a solid career as a second or third option, I am not sure he is the caliber player you'd expect of a top 10 pick. I look at a guy like Tayshaun Prince and see more upside out of college than Knight, yet Prince wasn't drafted as high as Knight.

 

This year, yes, I draft Knight in top 10. Ultimately someone has to take the 10 picks and in this draft with few players, based purely on the facts we have before us, looking like All-Stars, you draft for consistency, depth, and strong role players (because as even the Mavericks vs. Heat series shows, role players are very important).

 

Knight in most drafts is a 18-20 pick. And Jimmer is a late 1st round early 2nd rounder. Kemba even is a 15 or so. Kyrie Irving may prove to be a DRose, JKidd, Iverson, Dwade guy, but in a lot of drafts I don't even see him being better then a 4th or 5th pick. This draft class isn't horrible, there are good players throughout, but at least on paper, there are few players who just scream instant all star!

  • Author
What do you expect out of Knight in the NBA? How much playing time do you expect in his first 5 years? Starter year one? Starter by year 3? Out of the league within 5 years? I am curious as to what you expect his career to turn into.

 

On a side note, congrat on not being left completely alone in the poll. You ended up with 3 other people agreeing with you that they wouldn't draft him in the top 10.

 

He probably starts year 1 for Detroit. I expect a solid career for the young man.

  • Author
I'm not understanding your argument in the slightest. You say you wouldn't draft Knight in the top 10, because you don't see him as a "stud" or a "star". How many studs or stars are in this draft? Not many. Do you think he's going to be out of the league in 4-5 years? If so, I must say I think you're out of your mind.

 

What 10 players in the draft do you feel are better than Knight? Because 60 players have to be picked regardless how bad the draft is. Knight is easily one of the 10 most talented and has one of the 10 highest upsides in the draft.

 

I've answered the first batch.

 

Your "it's a weak draft" argument holds no water for me if I'm GM of most teams.

 

As I said, I hope I'm wrong and he flourishes for many years and shows you can be a stud player and a quality student/human.

If the one-and-done rule stands, I look for next year's draft to be the exact opposite of this year's in terms of star power. I think Knight certainly made the right decision, even though he slipped out of the top five that I think he & most others assumed he'd be drafted. Terrence Jones, on the other hand, would have gone in the top four last night. If Jones is in the draft, I see Cleveland taking him at #4 instead of Tristan Thompson.

I've answered the first batch.

 

Your "it's a weak draft" argument holds no water for me if I'm GM of most teams.

 

As I said, I hope I'm wrong and he flourishes for many years and shows you can be a stud player and a quality student/human.

 

Tell me what 10 players in the draft you'd draft ahead of him. You have to draft someone.

  • Author
Tell me what 10 players in the draft you'd draft ahead of him. You have to draft someone.

 

Actually, I do not have to draft someone. As I said previously, I'd look to trade out.

Actually, I do not have to draft someone. As I said previously, I'd look to trade out.

 

So let's say you're the Sacramento Kings' GM & your primary goal in the off-season is getting a starting point guard. You are offered a trade of Raymond Felton & cash considerations in exchange for the #7 pick. Do you take the trade or select Knight or Kemba (or maybe Jimmer)?

  • Author
So let's say you're the Sacramento Kings' GM & your primary goal in the off-season is getting a starting point guard. You are offered a trade of Raymond Felton & cash considerations in exchange for the #7 pick. Do you take the trade or select Knight or Kemba (or maybe Jimmer)?

 

I'd take Kemba if I decide to go the draft route.

 

However, the Kings are in "new coliseum" mode from what I hear so I'd probably go Jimmer. Word is that ticket sales are brisk following his selection.

If the one-and-done rule stands, I look for next year's draft to be the exact opposite of this year's in terms of star power. I think Knight certainly made the right decision, even though he slipped out of the top five that I think he & most others assumed he'd be drafted. Terrence Jones, on the other hand, would have gone in the top four last night. If Jones is in the draft, I see Cleveland taking him at #4 instead of Tristan Thompson.
I was talking about this earlier. I think Jones potentially screwed up.
I'd take Kemba if I decide to go the draft route.

 

However, the Kings are in "new coliseum" mode from what I hear so I'd probably go Jimmer. Word is that ticket sales are brisk following his selection.

 

Jimmer is a very risky pick IMO. As you accurately stated, he definitely gives a shot in the arm to ticket sales. But if he flames out, it ends up being just that--a shot in the arm & nothing else.

 

I think I would take Kemba & Knight in that scenario.

  • Author

 

I think I would take Kemba & Knight in that scenario.

 

You can only have one. Which one?

You can only have one. Which one?

 

Knight without question. Kemba doesn't have the size to make it as a big-time PG in the league. Knight is much more versatile in that he can play the one or two.

Actually, I do not have to draft someone. As I said previously, I'd look to trade out.

 

You have a top 10 pick and find no takers. You HAVE to make a selection. Name me the 10 guys in this draft you see being better pros than BKnight.

I was talking about this earlier. I think Jones potentially screwed up.

 

It all hinges on the status of the one-and-done rule. I personally believed the rule will be changed, but I also think they might grandfather in this current class of Davis, Rivers, & company. Which brings up a more interesting topic of what UK's roster will look like after next season...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.