April 29, 201115 yr Their d-line is stacked now. Yup. After the Millen era the Lions have drafted as well as anyone. If Stafford can stay healthy I think they're the most tlalented young team in the league. I'm assuming that Ponder was who the Vikes wanted, but they didn't want him there which is why they were trying to trade. I actually like Ponder. I would have hated to take him at 11 though.
April 29, 201115 yr Reedy said the offer from Atl was under valued. He's basing it on a point scale. Saying 4th pick is 1800 points 6th pick is 1600 points. Trade offer was 1756 points. The Gals should have take the trade, saved some money and added more quality players. My guess is Holmgren and a scouting staff handled this better than Brown-Lewis and company.
April 29, 201115 yr Author Reedy said the offer from Atl was under valued I just saw that.... Seems like a pretty good deal to me. :lol:
April 29, 201115 yr In the past the Bengals were dumb not to accept some of the trade offers they have gotten. However this is one trade offer that I believe they made the right decision to not accept. Going all the way back to 27th would be a big drop, and really change their plans. At this rate they could have traded down to 27th and got no top WR like Green or Jones, and no QB either. The Bengals are now set at the skill position on offense for a long time, except for QB. This now also allows them to for sure trade Chad. So for this one, I do think the Bengals made the right decision not to trade. (Have to figure the Bengals would maybe get it right at least once in not making the trade. Or at least I hope so.)
April 29, 201115 yr I just saw that.... Seems like a pretty good deal to me. :lol: Maybe the Gals didn't know they're allowed moving up from 27th with one of their extra picks. They thought 27th was too far to go back. They're playing checkers and everyone else is playing chess.
April 29, 201115 yr In the past the Bengals were dumb not to accept some of the trade offers they have gotten. However this is one trade offer that I believe they made the right decision to not accept. Going all the way back to 27th would be a big drop, and really change their plans. At this rate they could have traded down to 27th and got no top WR like Green or Jones, and no QB either. The Bengals are now set at the skill position on offense for a long time, except for QB. This now also allows them to for sure trade Chad. So for this one, I do think the Bengals made the right decision not to trade. (Have to figure the Bengals would maybe get it right at least once in not making the trade. Or at least I hope so.) There isn't a rule saying they had to stay at 27. Not to mention they might not have a rookie wage scale and Brown won't pay Green fair value early if there isn't one.
April 29, 201115 yr I would like to see prince go to new York...one more pick. So many good players available for the giants... Jordan, bowers, prince, costanzo...
April 29, 201115 yr Author Maybe the Gals didn't know they're allowed moving up from 27th with one of their extra picks. They thought 27th was too far to go back. They're playing checkers and everyone else is playing chess. You don't even know if they were offered anything close to that relax.
April 29, 201115 yr I'm thinking Cleveland. Browns need a playmaker and I think he would compliment Cribbs very well.
April 29, 201115 yr There isn't a rule saying they had to stay at 27. Not to mention they might not have a rookie wage scale and Brown won't pay Green fair value early if there isn't one. Where would they have moved up to get what they wanted then? Jones would have been gone at sixth to the Browns. They probably still don't get any of the QB's that were drafted in the first 12 picks. Even though Minnesota was looking to trade down, they wouldn't have with the Bengals since they know the Bengals are looking for QB's. So it might not have been the easiest thing for them to do to trade down, and get someone they really value. I do believe they made the right choice this time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.