Was Mayfield's title run in 2010 the most dominate ever in class A?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing Jake is just too small right now to take over the reigns of his brother and the kid from Ga will likely be next years QB. I hear he has a nice arm and good size, just not as accurate as Luke was, but, that he could really be effective running it when the pocket breaks down or maybe throw in some option to utilize his strengths. I think Jake will make a solid QB in a couple of years, but, 5'6 120-130 lbs just won't get it done at the HS level. He maybe a little bigger than that, but, not too much, if at all...

Toothpick since you are talking about an individual season I would say score wise and the ease in which Mayfield went through their schedule and won the state title game, yes this was the most convincing state title run but I am not sure that I would say they were the most dominate/or best class 1A school ever. I would have to say the 91 BW team was best all-time, they were absolutley amazing, however, hats off to Mayfield they took care of business and certainly can make a claim for being ONE of the best all-time, just not sure I can place them in the same category as the 91 BW team that beat some powerhouses three to four classes above them.

Being from Northern Kentucky, I can tell that even though Mayfield has had Beechwood's number lately, the Beechwood teams of the 90's were some of the best around. Many of these teams could have (at least in my opinion) played for and probably won the 4A State Championship during the early to mid-90's. If they woud not have won the 4A championship they would have given all of those team a run for their money.

Being from Northern Kentucky, I can tell that even though Mayfield has had Beechwood's number lately, the Beechwood teams of the 90's were some of the best around. Many of these teams could have (at least in my opinion) played for and probably won the 4A State Championship during the early to mid-90's. If they woud not have won the 4A championship they would have given all of those team a run for their money.
Beechwood had some good teams in that era, but they generally weren't much, if any, better than the Danville teams that were winning 2A state titles in that span. And I don't remember any of those teams that would have given the 4A champs that great of a game.

Beechwood had some good teams in that era, but they generally weren't much, if any, better than the Danville teams that were winning 2A state titles in that span. And I don't remember any of those teams that would have given the 4A champs that great of a game.

Actually I think the '93 Danville team (that was upset by Prestonsburg in the Semi-Final) might have. They beat the 4A State Runner-up by a couple of TD's or more in the season. Also waxed the AAA State Runner-up. Just had a bad night vs a team having their best night. :thumb:

Actually I think the '93 Danville team (that was upset by Prestonsburg in the Semi-Final) might have. They beat the 4A State Runner-up by a couple of TD's or more in the season. Also waxed the AAA State Runner-up. Just had a bad night vs a team having their best night. :thumb:

I always felt we (Mayfield) caught a break not having to face that 93 Ads team. As it was, we were very fortunate to have stole one from Prestonburg in the title game that year

Two could have '91 and '97. Other than that, you are correct.