Was Mayfield's title run in 2010 the most dominate ever in class A?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood State Titles:

'91, '92, '93, '94, '96, '97

A run for the ages! This is not likely to ever happen again in any class unless we keep adding classes which seems to be the norm these days. Only a 1 point loss in 95 or wit would have been 7 in a row

A run for the ages! This is not likely to ever happen again in any class unless we keep adding classes which seems to be the norm these days. Only a 1 point loss in 95 or wit would have been 7 in a row

...you're not kidding. I honestly don't know enough about Mayfield or the programs that they schedule to make an educated statement of comparison, but I can say that from growing up in Fort Mitchell with the players of Beechwood's '90s era, it was something else to watch them win against some of the programs they played against. They regularly scheduled some of the big boys, and if they didn't beat them, they sure gave them a heckucva game. (I can tell you this from being on the losing side of 4 straight Beechwood victories over Cov Cath football teams.)

It's amazing to me that someone is actually bragging about how good their team is in class A.........

I indeed am and certainly feel I should be. I am gonna take a wild guess that you are in some way trying to tell me I shouldn't be?

Of course, Class A now isn't exactly what Class A was in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. If we still had four classes, we would've had a Mayfield-Newport Catholic matchup for the state title ... that could have been one heck of a game.

Good point, I agree with you. I would say Mayfields run is the most dominate since going to the 6 team format. The title games, with the exception of the class 4A tilte were horribly lopsided. great year for them.

NO IT WASN"T..........Once you run off 3 state championships in a row, then you can even suggest a question like that. Yes, I am talking about the mighty Danville Admirals when they were in class A. STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS Class A 2000, 2001, 2003. During that time they had a 42 game winning streak 1991-1993. So I guess that should answer your quesiton...
Nothing against Danville, BUT he was talking for ONE season, not multiple.

NO IT WASN"T..........Once you run off 3 state championships in a row, then you can even suggest a question like that. Yes, I am talking about the mighty Danville Admirals when they were in class A. STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS Class A 2000, 2001, 2003. During that time they had a 42 game winning streak 1991-1993. So I guess that should answer your quesiton...

Where's the 3 in a row? Was 2002 cancelled and I missed it? Also, I didn't realize 1991-1993 was during the time 2000-20003. Boy, I have to correct my calendars.

Where's the 3 in a row? Was 2002 cancelled and I missed it? Also, I didn't realize 1991-1993 was during the time 2000-20003. Boy, I have to correct my calendars.
Uhhh, Soooo, I guess that takes the mighty Danville Admirals out of consideration, since they do not meet the qualifications.:D